Lt. Commander
# 11
10-25-2011, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VangarVega
If it should become possible, it should be limited to one captain in the etnire staff. Otherwise, we have hundreds of thousands of fleet admirals with 20 captains at their command :/
yes. that is sound logic.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-25-2011, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Hardy View Post
yes. that is sound logic.
Indeed it is. But I do not trust the developers in this matter, there has been too many "gameplay above logic" decisions already
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-26-2011, 04:35 AM
I too have a captain boff from an old bug, I've tried to replicate it later but no luck.

http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/z...6-12-29-16.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-26-2011, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvacc99 View Post
Way back in the begining of the game there was a bug, and I was able to promote one Bridge Officer to Captain. Of course, I still got him today

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/...0-20-58-19.jpg
So, what magical rank IV / Captain powers does he have? :p
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-26-2011, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
So, what magical rank IV / Captain powers does he have? :p
Unfortunately nothing, he just gets to be one of those BOFF's with a rare rank
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-26-2011, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvacc99 View Post
Unfortunately nothing, he just gets to be one of those BOFF's with a rare rank
We should campaign for an extra power for our cap boffs. Scramble Sensors 4 please :O.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-26-2011, 01:42 PM
I so vote for that!
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-26-2011, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsaris View Post
In Naval sense an Admiral (of any rank) really isn't in command of the ship. The Admiral's job is strategy, planning, etc. He gives the generalized directions and leaves it to other officers to figure out how to make it happen.

An Admiral with a number of ships at his command can choose to have his offices, his "flag", on any of them. This ship becomes the flagship. The Admiral doesn't displace the commanding officer of the flagship, though he is higher in rank. The CO of the flagship becomes a Flag Captain and generally still carries out everyday command of the vessel.

So all in all yes, we should have the ability to promote BOffs to Captain. I am hoping that whenever the full Admiral rank is available promoting BOffs to Captain will be available as well.
Yeah, but this is space in a new era where some of the old foundations of the miltary are out and a new one is in. In this era, you get to command your ship if you want, and set the uniform codes yourself. I do agree with promoting one first officer to Captain as long as we get to use captain skill slots on your ship, no matter what class.

What I really want is to use the higher skill slots of my BOFFs on any ship I command. Just because I fly a cruiser doesn't mean I should get stuck with using only LT or En slots for my tac officers. There is enough room on the screen for me to use all my BOFFs' abilities.