Lt. Commander
# 31
10-26-2011, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
maybe im missing the point but what is wrong?
I am captain 1, thus the Quads are leveled to captain, the dual heavies are Lt. Commander, and deal more damage, and not that significantly less DPS.

As for Khemaraa_Iron_Hand_KBF look at the Damage to DPS of the Quads and the Damage to DPS of the Duals. The differences speak for themselves. The Dual Heavies, as you say, have their cake and eat it too, the Quads, do neither.
Lt. Commander
# 32
10-26-2011, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
I am captain 1, thus the Quads are leveled to captain, the dual heavies are Lt. Commander, and deal more damage, and not that significantly less DPS.

As for Khemaraa_Iron_Hand_KBF look at the Damage to DPS of the Quads and the Damage to DPS of the Duals. The differences speak for themselves. The Dual Heavies, as you say, have their cake and eat it too, the Quads, do neither.
They do less damage because they fire more shots per second. The dps is what's important. 38 dps difference is a lot. Once you plug that in with skill points and power levels, it will be quite significant, and they have less weapon drain.
Lt. Commander
# 33
10-27-2011, 02:58 AM
I like the disruptor quad's but I side with most of the post's in this thread, even with the Dmg x3 mod they seem underpowered in comparison to same level DC or DHC. Also when I purchased the Norgh Refit I noticed the picture of it in the C-Store did not match what I received, there two completely different BoP's.

The C-Store pic of the Norgh Refit kind of looks like an updated B'rel, so my question would be is this still to come or was the picture just a place holder on a ship that got replaced by the 4 wing ant eater looking version when they were all released?
Lt. Commander
# 34
10-27-2011, 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khemaraa_Iron_Hand_KBF View Post
Folks need to look at the DPS Numbers.. DAMAGE OVER TIME..

You can have your cake, or you can eat your cake... I eat mine thank you. Cake that sits around grows stale and draws flies..

............................................... STATS KDF .......................................(just the important ones)
Disruptor Quad Cannon [Dmg]x3
to target 197 disruptor damage (263 DPS) ......you should see the little bighters in rapid fire and scatter volly mode.....
yep there it is -10 engine power..(w0op De Doo.. stop pouting, deal with it I typically mount Combat Impulse engines anyway...offsets it quite nicely thank you very much.)
````````````
..on the same ship..
Dirsruptor Dual Heavy Cannon Mk XI [Acc][CtrH][Borg}
378 disruptor damage 252 DPS) ....................................Note less DPS then quad cannon..........

Have the highest DPS output in the game for the level they're at unless you get some other rather special weapons with some twisted special abilities..
You compare a DMG3 weapon to ACC/CtrH/Borg
If you copie a DMG3 quad to a DMG3 dual the result looks very diffrent, and we ARE looking at the DPS.
Lt. Commander
# 35
10-27-2011, 03:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
You compare a DMG3 weapon to ACC/CtrH/Borg
If you copie a DMG3 quad to a DMG3 dual the result looks very diffrent, and we ARE looking at the DPS.
You can craft Disruptor Dual Heavy Cannons Mk XI [CritD] [DMG]x2. Could someone compare Quads to those?
Lt. Commander
# 36
10-27-2011, 04:11 AM
the crafted Mk XI dual heavy Disrupruptor cannons only cause 246 DPS so they're still less then the quads.

Though honestly.. I really do not understand why people are griping about a weapon they dont have to make. The quads are good, thye're not great, thaty're not overpowering.. like honestly what is with all the sour grapes?

And they only come in two flavors.. The Fed quad phaser cannon, or the KDF quad disruptor cannons.. And I suppose someday we'll see a Romulan quad Plasma cannon. Or maybe a quad antiproton cannon.

EIther way they do cause more damage over time then any other weapon. with the possible eception of dual heavy plasma connons if they get a plasma DOT on the target. They do have thier limitations.

And thats my LAST post in this topic..

Its diverged from a DEV seeking feedback on the Norgh Refit to a debate about the quad cannons, and thats not the point. (Though I'll bet that the nay sayers are just trying to get folks not to use them..for any number or reasons to..They can't get them, to they dont want KDF players to have them..

Oh well. KDF players that have C-Points will have them, and the Norgh Refit is definatly on my HOLODECK shopping list, along with its T-4 Ki'tang big sister.

Don't know what the Feddy's are whining about anyway. It's not like they haven't gotten the love for the past two years.
Lt. Commander
# 37
10-27-2011, 04:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khemaraa_Iron_Hand_KBF View Post
the crafted Mk XI dual heavy Disrupruptor cannons only cause 246 DPS so they're still less then the quads.
*cough* 264 DPS which is more than the Quads.

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/7736/dhcj.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 38
10-30-2011, 10:30 AM
Since it has been pointed out that moving the Quads to a different hull removes the multiples firing points, would it be possible to add a bit of visual geometry (like the various sets) to the Quads to restore them on other hulls?
Lt. Commander
# 39
11-06-2011, 02:29 PM
Finally got to take this bird for a spin after transferring my Klingon Tac Captain over and I got to say that the ship it's self looks awesome, the Quad cannons look and sound awesome.

However I can see some of the arguments in here about it's damage at high level, but for me at Captain 9 I was getting about 20dps more than my Crafted Rare Mk VIII Dual and Dual Heavies.

So up until Rare Mk X and Mk XI they 'are' the most powerful cannons in the game with the Engine power drawback to balance them, however once you get to the point of using Mk X or XI the Engine power drain becomes a big handicap for weapons that look cool, maybe there is a scaling issue past Mk X and they are meant to do more who knows.

All in all the ship is sweet and at my current level I will gladly take the drain on the Engine power to have such awesome weapons(wish I could have more than one on though :p), oh and any chance we could get it's skin for the Hegh'ta Heavy BoP?