Lt. Commander
# 21
10-27-2011, 09:50 AM
the Fire Phasers, Fire Torpedo, and Fire All weapons r greyed out in going into combat
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-27-2011, 09:51 AM
[quote=ZeroniusRex]We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.16.20111023a.3

General:[list][*]The "Investigate Temporal Anomaly" assignment is now much rarer.
[quote]

This should be considerably more common in the Connie and the Intrepid. ;-)

Actually... Hm.

As a general note if Heretic is out there, I realize your plate is full for F2P launch but it would be interesting if, in the future, ship type dictated the frequency of certain assignments... and it could provide a novel use for lower tier ships.

So that flying a Connie will tend towards TOS-style assignments, flying a Galaxy will tend towards TNG style assignments involving civilians, etc.

If not an adjustment of the frequency of those assignments, maybe the ship that is active when an assignment launches could modify commendation XP categories.

So, for example, you could send medical or military teams from your Defiant but the military teams have an increased chance of success, beyond the baseline levels, because of the superior military facilities on the ship they're posted on.

But varying available assignments by ship could be fascinating too. Among other things, it could enable something like the introduction of Federation timeships. From a standard perspective, they's probably just be unusually small Tier 5 ships -- assuming they're even from the future. We know modern Temporal Investigations folks do routine time travel clean-up in addition to pushing paper, so maybe something could be worked out with CBS for a larger ship that is the 25th century ancestor of the Relativity, used by modern TI officers to clean-up.

But where they'd be distinct is in DOff assignments, where they'd possibly get all temporalpolicing/temporal investigations related assignments across commendation categories. (Ie. Medical would be to treat Temporal Psychosis cases, Military would be to stop rogue time travelers, etc.) (Could also be fun from a lore perspective to have routine assignments that involve tying up loose ends from Trek time travel plots, like retrieving Spock's Mnemonic Memory Circuit from "City of the Edge of Forever" or scuttling the Enterprise-C's sensor logs from its wreckage down near Klingon space.)
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-27-2011, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
[*]Added "p'nus" to profanity filters. (címon guys)
]
well. One must applaud the persistance and imagination of such litte jokes.
I imagine Cave Women where rolling thier eyes two days after creation for similiar reasons.

Quote:

Duty Officers:
  • Skill Buff duty officer assignments have been temporarily disabled. We are undergoing a massive revamp of the way Space skills work. Once this is complete, the skill buff assignments will be able to be added back in in their new forms.
  • Diagnostic assignments no longer award a buff.
So no new skill revamp yet?
Why do Diagnostics no longer award a buff?
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-27-2011, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Duty Officers:[*]Skill Points, Bridge Officer Points and CXP rewards are being shifted to reward more generously for shorter duration assignments and less generously for longer duration assignments. Longer duration assignments will still generally reward more than a similar shorter duration assignment, but the increase will be more nominal to reflect the opportunity cost of the duty officers tied up in the assignment. Essentially, we want to reward you more for actively playing.
Or in other words, casual players, running LONG time assigments, because they have NOT the time to play the game each day, are getting punished

Quote:
[*]Additional assignments have been built for Engineering and Trade. Engineering now has some longer, civil engineering oriented assignments.
Good to read, as the casual player, like me, can't spend 5 minutes in game ever 45 minutes to send of a new ENG assigment!
Lt. Commander
# 25
10-27-2011, 09:58 AM
*sigh* no resolution to the dilithium in crafting, respec and VA ship token issues.
Its like they don't really care...
Lt. Commander
# 26
10-27-2011, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
well. One must applaud the persistance and imagination of such litte jokes.
I imagine Cave Women where rolling thier eyes two days after creation for similiar reasons.
More likely, they were hiding all the Big Clubs... <chuckle>

Lt. Commander
# 27
10-27-2011, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Duty Officers:
  • Additional assignments have been built for Engineering and Trade. Engineering now has some longer, civil engineering oriented assignments. Trade now has some longer, gold-pressed latinum trade assignments, including one to buy Contraband for GPL.
DABO!!!

Thank you much!
Lt. Commander
# 28
10-27-2011, 10:03 AM
WHAT ABOUT CRAFTING COST?????? hey its to much to make items in crafting
Lt. Commander
# 29
10-27-2011, 10:05 AM
i do understand that changes about dilithium in crafting takes time, but a response on thoses matters SHOULD be in a post by dev team. With not any evocation of it , we do have right to get upset.
So please, even if you not abble to restore things or changes things : you ask our advices, we did react acordingly to your querriers. now we need a reaction from you !

(excuse my english but i'm not an english speaking player )
Lt. Commander
# 30
10-27-2011, 10:05 AM
While the minor boost in CXP for the appropriate shipboard missions will appeal to grinders, I'm not really digging the loss of the meager buffs we got for performing diagnostics on our starships or training with our officers. It gave us something to do with our ships and crew that felt like it directly impacted the effectiveness of both. There was a certain satisfaction in seeing that string of temporary buffs which represented our stringent devotion to making sure our ships and crew are performing above expectation, and made a player (or at least me) feel more in the role of a captain governing their crew than just sitting in a chair flying around.

With this new patch, I see far less reason to use the 'Shipboard' tab in the Duty Officer window.

If those buffs are still attainable in other missions, I have yet to see it. Though I'd love to know if they are.

As a side note, I'm kind of miffed at the effect of the point rollback on in-progress missions. I don't know if it was possible to separate them from available-yet-unattained missions or not, but going to bed waiting for a slew of 1d/2d 9-to-12-CXP Diplomacy missions to finish only to wake up this morning and see a shrunken 8 CXP reward for them (among other neutered CXP rewards altered while they were in-progress) was pretty grump-inducing. But I'll get over it.