Lt. Commander
# 11
10-27-2011, 10:48 PM
Yay! What a great way to spend development time! I've been wanting for one of these for um, never! Please give cryptic your unworthy donations for this useless thing you mighty rp'ers! Show them the power of your purchasing awesomeness by making this the best selling piece of uselessness ever.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-27-2011, 11:02 PM
I can't decide which is worse. This after months of no content, or getting an attack Horta before an attack targ.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-27-2011, 11:43 PM
On the bright side they already had the art assets and space noncombat pet AI there, i doubt this took one dev longer than 30 seconds to make and throw on the c-store.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-27-2011, 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormoran View Post
On the bright side they already had the art assets and space noncombat pet AI there, i doubt this took one dev longer than 30 seconds to make and throw on the c-store.
This is most likely true. It doesn't take super long to take a huge model, press the rescale buttons and change the size =P
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-28-2011, 01:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askray View Post
This is most likely true. It doesn't take super long to take a huge model, press the rescale buttons and change the size =P
"Control-F"

"Find... "Delta Flyer Pet"

"Search -> Replace... Delta -> Gekli"

"SetPrice = Too many C-Store Points"

"File -> Save As"

Upload through CMS.

Done.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-28-2011, 01:40 AM
Seriously? A Gekli?

With enough long-term and/or fun-killing bugs to choke a horse on Holodeck, and about 10 times that many on F2P, which is probably perilously close to going live...they waste the time creating a GEKLI?

Let me tell you how my night with STO started:

* Did Traelus, got decloaked AGAIN by the BO "Here come True Way ships" message (BUG #1).

* Experienced stuck-Alt-Key Syndrome on the map, meaning I couldn't use any keyboard shortcuts until I cleared it, by which time I was down to about 50% hull (BUG #2).

* Ended up doing Zaria shortly after that (as part of the Deferi daily run) and struggled with still more of the same old "press a button, see it activate, hear the activation sound, and look back to see it didn't activate" problem that's been in the game since launch. Died as a result, as my Large Hypo didn't kick off the first 2 times I used it (BUG #3).

* Decided to do a bit of RPing, and beamed down to Starfleet Academy only to find that all of a sudden, I'd lost the ability to speak in the Local channel. This has apparently been happening for a while, but being fairly new to RP on STO, I didn't know this until tonight. (BUG #4)

This was all in the first 20 minutes after I logged on. I cussed extensively, logged off, and read a book for the next hour.

And you give me a Gekli.

Lovely.

The game is doomed.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-28-2011, 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genxcraig View Post
Yay! What a great way to spend development time! I've been wanting for one of these for um, never! Please give cryptic your unworthy donations for this useless thing you mighty rp'ers! Show them the power of your purchasing awesomeness by making this the best selling piece of uselessness ever.
Better this sells well than Pay-To-Win ships!

I just hope it didn't take time of CapnLogan's schedule to make the new Skin available on all ships.

Or whoever poor systems guy is now forced to figure out how to fix Torpedo Spread.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-28-2011, 01:54 AM
Yeah, another waste of time item ..... might as well have put this Gekli in the c-store
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-28-2011, 02:03 AM
Cant say im overly excited to see that in the C-store, or in game behind people their ships. But hey... Whatcha gonna do about it eh ?

At this point i just want the doff system and dig my head inthere so deep i can ignore the buttons that ask you to buy stuff on the C-store that are prob gonna pop up with F2P
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-28-2011, 02:18 AM
Guys... We have content... Calm down...

We just recived a new content item, so there is no content drought, that much should be obvious to anyone...

It's not like we would like missions... That's not content. Items are... lots and lots of items... Can never have enough of that content.