Lt. Commander
# 11
10-26-2011, 09:59 AM
Never finishes "loading" for me so I can not test.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-27-2011, 06:36 AM
Is the Console fun?
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-27-2011, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Never finishes "loading" for me so I can not test.
Just buy it from the C-Store and it will go to your avaiable ships list.

Quote:
Is the Console fun?
As much fun as expelling things from your behind usually is. EXTREMELY.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-27-2011, 11:40 AM
Lol its not OP versus a player. As for PVE, its just as powerful as every other good ability in the game.... Play on elite for a challenge.

If anything I find the console balanced but the cooldown a bit long. I wish I could use it every fight, but in its current state, I only get to use it every other fight.

NPCs dont avoid hitting it, and dont try to get out. That isnt an OP console, its a dumb AI. Using it properly against NPCs will make sure it gets its full effect off and thats pretty strong. But again, compare to many other abilities and its really no big deal.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-28-2011, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Is the Console fun?
Hell! Yes it is... But it (and I hate to use that term) prety OP.

But if you see some guy named... oh we are not allowed to post character names... lets say named like a known german dictator who died 1945... going ito kerrat and are able to take out is souvereign ca 15 times in a row withing seconds without getting a scratch... and see him crying like a baby in zone chat... well yes then its REALLY funny to have an OP-weapon.
I'm usually not that mean but with that kind of person... I really enjoyed it. It almost made STO fun again...
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-28-2011, 05:13 AM
I have that console on my Guramba atm...its a blast !!!
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-28-2011, 05:46 AM
OP how? I was under the impression this console ability is a variation of Eject Warp Plasma basically.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-28-2011, 06:04 AM
Quote:
OP how? I was under the impression this console ability is a variation of Eject Warp Plasma basically.
It has a shield and crew drain, and that is a little to massive.
Testet this with a fleetmate using a fed star cruiser... his ENTIRE crew was gone within 2 seconds (=extremly lowered hull heal) and his shields were gone after about 3-4 seconds ENTIRELY.... I thing that is a little too much.

And... well since that thing can be equiped on BOPs its prety hard to just evade it.... With the most manuevarable ship ingame + cloak i just can decloak directy infront or even above the enemy and float it into the enemys face... I wouldnt know how to deffend against that. May be with tractor beam repulsor... but until that is activatet the enemy is probably already covered with the stuff...
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-28-2011, 07:48 AM
This is basically a self-stacking drain ability? Didn't the Borg Assimilated Tractor Beam from the Borg set have a similar issue when in testing - rapidly draining away all enemies energy?

Probably someone wrote a code line like this:
drain += drain + drainBase;

instead of
drain = drain + drainBase

or

drain += drainBase

Maybe it's more complicated than that, but it is probably something behind the scenes like that.
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-28-2011, 08:17 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
It has a shield and crew drain, and that is a little to massive.
Testet this with a fleetmate using a fed star cruiser... his ENTIRE crew was gone within 2 seconds (=extremly lowered hull heal) and his shields were gone after about 3-4 seconds ENTIRELY.... I thing that is a little too much.
EWP drains hull in a similiar fashion and as quickly at times, but this console may be over the top. I look forward to testing it later today.
Also the Crew disapeering so fast may have a lot to do with crew being ignored primarily in STO so the crew retaining/healing/buffing counters are a little old and ineffective.

Quote:
And... well since that thing can be equiped on BOPs its prety hard to just evade it.... With the most manuevarable ship ingame + cloak i just can decloak directy infront or even above the enemy and float it into the enemys face... I wouldnt know how to deffend against that. May be with tractor beam repulsor... but until that is activatet the enemy is probably already covered with the stuff...
Same tactic is possible and has been used by the Defiant-R thanks to its great turnrate and even the Gal-X can do it if one hits EVM first to get that great turnrate and speed.
So the style in which this ability console is used is of no concern to me though its twin drain may need tweaking.