Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
10-28-2011, 03:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinii
An idea would be to give KDF Marauding exp for their marauding missions - the repeatable ones that they have. Maybe only for the missions themselves, maybe only for completing the optional objectives, maybe for both. I don't know. Point is, Fed side has the Diplo missions from the Ambassador and the Breen daily that give Diplo exp.. Giving repeatable missions to the KDF for Maurauding exp seems like it would be a no-brainer.
I think that's already the plan.
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-28-2011, 03:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfrider
Rebalancing diplomacy is the least of the Klingon faction worries, rebalancing marauding to a reasonable level is more appropriate. First, the Federation side has had since July 2010 (i did the grind on my Fed toons) to accumulate the 1,360 diplomatic points for tier 4. Second, the RA's are not going to last forever and while the Federation side with the granting of diplomatic immunity have been able to enter OL since the start, the Klingons have not been able to complete 2 of the accolades because of no marauding title. When f2p goes live as it stands now, we start with 0 marauding have to get 100,000 cxp to enter sirius sector before the RA's are discontinued. I'm not trying to be combative, but somewhere common sense needs to come into play. I appreciate the work you have done and enjoy the Doff system, but taking the hard way to rebalance diplomacy instead taking the easier path and rebalancing marauding to reasonable levels is for lack of a better word stupid. We may be only 12% of the STO population, but we are probably some of the most loyal players out there. Instead of throwing barriers up at every turn, how about give us a small break and rebalance marauding to reasonable levels, so we can enjoy the same benefits as the Federation side of the house.
This.
Its not the Diplomacy that should match Marauding, its Marauding that should match Diplomacy.
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-28-2011, 03:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walshicus
I think that's already the plan.
Oh, is it? That's good then. I didn't see where it was mentioned, but I really haven't kept up with all the KDF info either. It was just something rolling around for a while. I'm glad to see someone thinks like me.
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-28-2011, 03:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilarium View Post
I don't mind the fact that Klingons can only get Marauding XP via the DOff system...
Here's an idea. Remember all those "shoot 5 things" missions where the fed would have "scan 5?". If they get Diplomatic XP we should get Marauding? Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfrider
When f2p goes live as it stands now, we start with 0 marauding have to get 100,000 cxp to enter sirius sector before the RA's are discontinued.
That is a really good point. Even with focused marauding leveling you are not going to do that in few weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBFLordKrueg View Post
Yeah, I'm seeing maybe something...
My Fed Capt is at T2 Diplomacy and well on his way to 3, while my Lt Gen Klingon is less than halfway to 2 Marauder. Hard to keep track of the type of missions I'm doing/getting on each side, however, for comparison..
My latest Fed is 200 points from Ambassador and is Commander 8 or 9. How's that for comparison? Of course new players from F2P launch are not going to get it that easily.
Lt. Commander
# 25
10-28-2011, 05:30 AM
You guys realize that the diplomacy system will be rebuilt from scatch so that it fits the other commedation categories?

Sure, it has been around for a while on the Fed side, so there is a certain advantage for (older) Fed toons. But I fail to see what you gain from complaining about the past of the system - especially when a change to bring both sides to (almost) equal terms is in the pipeline.

Also keep in mind that not all elements of the DOFF system are already implemented. And that there still is testing going on that will change things - Heretic has done an examplary job when it comes to listenning to feedback and (constructive) criticism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBFLordKrueg View Post
Kinda like when you buy a ship on the Fed side and you put new improved gear on it, you can sell the stock stuff for Energy credits to a vendor.
On the Klingon side, all the stock gear has a value of zero and all you can do is discard it.
That's simply not true. Fed standard gear doesn't give any energy credits anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 26
10-28-2011, 06:09 AM
Im pretty sure its both been confirmed Diplomacy is "getting nuked" and completely rebuilt AND Marauding is going to get XP from other missions within the game like Diplomacy does. So it should be okay, but like anything klingon it will probably take ages.

Im STILL waiting on the Klingon Swordmaster Coat for LGs.
Lt. Commander
# 27
10-28-2011, 10:04 AM
Heretic. Ever thought of having Second Star to the right becoming a daily raid with a Maurading XP allocation per day of 30 with each individual part of the Pi Canis raids giving 30? yeah Feds get just 10 per mission but KDF has significantly fewer missions and this saves you from having to make new missions.
Lt. Commander
# 28
10-28-2011, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
Heretic. Ever thought of having Second Star to the right becoming a daily raid with a Maurading XP allocation per day of 30 with each individual part of the Pi Canis raids giving 30? yeah Feds get just 10 per mission but KDF has significantly fewer missions and this saves you from having to make new missions.
We probably aren't going to have time before launch of the duty officer system to add new missions just for this, so something like this is in fact a possibility.