Lt. Commander
# 1 So...no more dev blogs huh?
10-28-2011, 12:37 PM
We havent had a dev blog in a week, and I cant help but think it has to do with the outrage they received over #14. I cant blame them for not wanting people to be upset at them, but stopping the communication is the wrong way to do it. The right way to do it is not to have terrible ideas that mess up the game.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-28-2011, 12:45 PM
No new Dev blog? We had a Dev blog just last - oh look! A Gekli pet!
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-28-2011, 12:52 PM
maybe they have nothing relevant to say at this exact time, or maybe they are too busy trying to fix all the stuff people dont like, or maybe stephen is on holiday or out sick or maybe he just hates all of us and is plotting our doom.

there could be many reasons.

i guess it would be nice to know if there will be more soon.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-28-2011, 12:57 PM
first the weekly episodes
now the daily dev blog

Lt. Commander
# 5
10-28-2011, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
first the weekly episodes
now the daily dev blog

I wouldn't be surprised if they're just too busy to post....

...I also wouldn't be surprised if they just got tired of us giving them very angry (but very justified and correct) feedback.

...Or if they intend to do something they know will be a huge firestorm very soon and this is the calm before the storm.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-28-2011, 02:03 PM
The devs are pretty busy right now, and sadly haven't had a chance to get us a blog this week. They've been working really hard on making changes for Tribble right now. We'll have more blogs for you soon.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-28-2011, 02:07 PM
I think that the blogs served two important purposes. They gave us an area to focus our testing and an understanding of the system's goals. Most importantly they gave us some feedback that things were changing or testing was progressing based on our actions.

Surprisingly, without this small carrot, testing gets old.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-28-2011, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
The devs are pretty busy right now, and sadly haven't had a chance to get us a blog this week. They've been working really hard on making changes for Tribble right now. We'll have more blogs for you soon.

Thanks,

Stormshade
I certainly do hope that the things being "worked really hard on" are the removal of Dilithium as a requirement in crafting, the return of the VA token for gold members, and a rework on the forced mission progression.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-28-2011, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
I certainly do hope that the things being "worked really hard on" are the removal of Dilithium as a requirement in crafting, the return of the VA token for gold members, and a rework on the forced mission progression.
Hear, hear!

Regards,
Rachel
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-28-2011, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philoso_Raptor
We havent had a dev blog in a week, and I cant help but think it has to do with the outrage they received over #14. I cant blame them for not wanting people to be upset at them, but stopping the communication is the wrong way to do it. The right way to do it is not to have terrible ideas that mess up the game.
Julio Torres has been put in charge of them Philoso_Raptor. Didn't you know that? eh? eh? eh?