Lt. Commander
# 11
10-28-2011, 08:59 PM
There was no need for this thread because if you haven't been listening they do have cups now and have hired new staff like Jeremy to make sure the coffee cups stay hot and full to keep them awake. Although I heard from the grapevine that they are hiring a sausage biscuit Lead to make sure everyone gets their proper healthy breakfast and another T-Bone Steak Lead to make sure lunch is taken care of too. Also the afternoon snack before nap time is being negotiated for hiring. Overall I hear Cryptic Studios is like Kindergarten and going to a Country Club and getting paid for it Its about as awake as you can get
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-28-2011, 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maschinengeist View Post
I have stuck with this game for nearly two years. Even with this F2P stuff going on, and the near-complete lack of listening Cryptic is doing, I had planned to wait and see.

But, with all the things this game needs so desperately, you take the existing Gekli model, stick it onto the coding for the in-game pets, and put it up for sale? Get a grip. We don't want any more of your stupid pets, costumes, and other useless junk. We want CONTENT. We've already paid for it; we're waiting for YOU to DELIVER.

Furthermore, with the lack of dev blogs, we have been told that the devs are too busy to blog. Oh, really? Too busy to keep us informed, but not too busy to put more useless crap on the C-store, I see. Not that this is anything new around here, mind you.

Thanks for letting me know where your priorities are, Cryptic. I feel like an idiot for wasting nearly two years of my life playing STO, and I have been a Star Trek fan for the past 20 years. Do yourselves a favor and give your customers a reason to log back on.
This pretty well sums up my feeling on the topic.

Any bets on a Dev or Mod response?
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-28-2011, 09:04 PM
Dear Cryptic,

I don't want items in the c-store. As such, nobody wants them and you shouldn't sell them.

Signed, people in this thread
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-28-2011, 09:06 PM
The Gekli, like so many things recently, suffered from a case of 'right thing, wrong execution and bad timing.'

A Gekli pet is fine, but charging for it, and especially releasing it as a pay-for item at this exact moment, were very poor decisions.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-28-2011, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack-NZ
Umm I also believe I said I agree with the rest of his post, you forgot that part... Also Re: The rest of your post, you don't have to play the game...
I know. I was not dissing you, merely reinforcing the fact that they make stuff the minority want (which took minimal effort anyway due to the creature model already existing), but do nothing for what the majority want

And yes, I can stop playing, but it is the only Star Trek game around, and I am a huge Star Trek fan. I am also a lifer. Stupid mistake that was, but at least my subscription has already been paid for
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-28-2011, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_collective View Post
I know. I was not dissing you, merely reinforcing the fact that they make stuff the minority want (which took minimal effort anyway due to the creature model already existing), but do nothing for what the majority want

And yes, I can stop playing, but it is the only Star Trek game around, and I am a huge Star Trek fan. I am also a lifer. Stupid mistake that was, but at least my subscription has already been paid for
If a game causes you this much stress, have you thought about some time off?

http://i.imgur.com/dC9Nr.png
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-28-2011, 09:11 PM
I was going to pass on the Gekli, until I read this thread..

Edit: See! Now it's following me everywhere..
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-28-2011, 09:20 PM
Quote:
Price elasticity of supply and demand.

In other words, nobody is going to pay over price for an under-powered computer today because there are many acceptable substitutes.

On the flipside, people tend to pay any amount of cash for gasoline because its all controlled by one source, and other substitutes are still expensive, limited, or prototypical.

We are stuck in the latter category; EG getting hosed because if what you want is a Star Trek MMO, there are no acceptable substitutes.
So we can't simply stop playing unless things become so terrible that STO is outright unacceptable in and of itself.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-28-2011, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post
Price elasticity of supply and demand.

In other words, nobody is going to pay over price for an under-powered computer today because there are many acceptable substitutes.

On the flipside, people tend to pay any amount of cash for gasoline because its all controlled by one source, and other substitutes are still expensive, limited, or prototypical.

We are stuck in the latter category; EG getting hosed because if what you want is a Star Trek MMO, there are no acceptable substitutes.
So we can't simply stop playing unless things become so terrible that STO is outright unacceptable in and of itself.
+1 to this, definitely
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-28-2011, 10:23 PM
Quote:

Infinate Space is coming soon hehehe but cool mate, no issues