Lt. Commander
# 21
10-30-2011, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartzilla2007 View Post
What I am saying is that THERE SHOULD BE NO DILITHIUM COST IN CRAFTING AT ALL
And what i am saying, minus the caps, is there should ;P

At least for high end, blue & purple gear. Whites, greens, well you've already seen my post about how i think it should be.
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-30-2011, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green117 View Post
And what i am saying, minus the caps,
This assumes their planning to remove the cap have they said anything that indicates this.

Quote:
At least for high end, blue & purple gear..
Again sometimes the only way you can craft an even piece of gear is if its blue.

Quote:
Whites, greens,
This reminds me have you actually ever tried crafting or look at the R&D menu? Becuase there are no common white items for crafting. In fact you can't buy white common even items at all anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-30-2011, 01:39 PM
Quote:
This assumes their planning to remove the cap have they said anything that indicates this.
I was referring to your over use of the caps lock...

Quote:
This reminds me have you actually ever tried crafting or look at the R&D menu? Becuase there are no common white items for crafting. In fact you can't buy white common even items at all anymore.
I'm finding it very difficult talking to you. Look at my post (yet) again...

Quote:
Whites - Anomalies
Greens - Anomalies, Trace Particles
Blues - Anomalies, Trace Particles, Dilithium
Purples - Anomalies, Trace Particles, greater amount of Dilithium compared to Blues
This is what i think they should do. I am fully aware of the set up currently on Tribble. Do you understand?
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-30-2011, 01:48 PM
Quote:
I was referring to your over use of the caps lock..
So basically what your saying is that taking a month just to outfit a ship is a good thing?

Quote:
I'm finding it very difficult talking to you. Look at my post (yet) again...
Hey how do you thin I feel having the only answers to my questions being basically keep the crafting changes the same except add the trash odd mk items in too.

Quote:
This is what i think they should do. I am fully aware of the set up currently on Tribble. Do you understand?
And I'm saying your ide is WORSE not better.
Lt. Commander
# 25
10-30-2011, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Good, because i don't want a system in place where i can do it all in one day. Where is the fun and journey in that? Where is the value in a reward when it feels like clicking your fingers and getting it.

The system on Tribble works well as a business model for new players. Isn't that the point in what they are going for - the grind so people will spend money. Yet those playing now, and over a period of time have bank fulls of things. I know i do, and i haven't even played for a full year yet (nearly though). This system is fine for me and so many others, even the ones that don't even realise it yet, or just choose the doom and gloom option.

And it really isn't work. The main difference is instead of kitting yourself out over a day, it may take a few weeks or months. And why shouldn't it. Maybe because i use to play Wow and spent time earning my gear, crafting this and that, pvp sets etc, i assume that things should take time to acquire. It seems so much of the complaints is because people are loosing the ability to out gear themselves completely in the shortest time possible.
well in reality if you look at the shows it never took them months to get new gear etc. In stories it does not take them weeks or months. The problem being people who have been here since day 1 are used to playing a certain way. The Tribble beta is beginning to be a waste. They have not put anything new on there for a week and are behind on the skill revamp also. People have a right to feel upset, lied to, used etc etc that is what we are as humans we have a right to voice our opinion are they right who knows maybe, maybe not. I am not into the doom and gloom unless it is proven.
Do I agree with everything being done hell no as its changing the game completely to suit these so-called new players that they do not even know will arrive. They are pusing all the players who have been here off to the side in favor of the new player. So yeah there are alot of hurt feelings as should be,
I will agree some games that have gone F2P are doing alot better than before but it does not mean STO will fit that area. What if something goes wrong and they do not get the people they thought then all the "old"players they turned their backs on will not be there.... then what?
I paid for lifetime because I believed in this game and the people behind it, then came the promises and not following through which some i can understand others i can not.
When Dan left we were promised the game would not change if any and gold members would not loose anything. Well then comes the new guy and erases all that and does exactly the opposite so yes alot of people are upset. HE is not as transparent as Dan was and seems to be hiding out and letting others talk to us....and then that is sparse. So remember the people who complain might have legit reasons and do not attack them so readily...
Lt. Commander
# 26
10-30-2011, 02:05 PM
Quote:
So basically what your saying is that taking a month just to outfit a ship is a good thing?
I don't think it is a bad thing. Are you so in a rush?

Quote:
Hey how do you thin I feel having the only answers to my questions being basically keep the crafting changes the same except add the trash odd mk items in too.
The problem is, is that you want something and i want something. You want no changes to a broken system, where by it is so easy and quick to out gear a character and ship. Where is the reward, the effort, the sheer value in this system?
Allow players to craft all versions of such and such an item, but allow better versions of these items available to those who wish to go that extra bit. Its all about rewarding those players who wish to put in the time and effort against a system that essentially is wellfare epics.

Quote:
And I'm saying your ide is WORSE not better.
Oh i can do that too. Your idea is worse not better ;p
Lt. Commander
# 27
10-30-2011, 03:42 PM
yes the idea of crafting is that you work for good items by gathering paricle traces instead of buying them whit dilitium!

NOT DO BOTH!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 28
10-30-2011, 03:53 PM
It took me over 3 weeks to get close to enough Dilithium to Craft 1 Higher Level Ship Item.

With my 7 or 8 Toons on Holodeck, I estimate around 1 to 1 1/2 years to Outfit each Ship with the Higher Lever gear in this new set up. If this goes live with the present number set up, I will probably go on with my real life rather than put that kind of time into that.

I seriously hope they edit the Crafting numbers down to a reasonable level.
Lt. Commander
# 29
10-30-2011, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Yes, they have killed the broken system that was crafting on Holodeck.

I never could understand how a game would allow players to craft amazing gear out of hardly anything, this never made any sense to me. Yet of course we all loved that we could create everything we wanted, not just for our mains, but our alts, our opposing faction alts, even friends and fleet members. It was a broken system that affected the economy as a whole, resulting in items that should have held some form of value to being as expensive as vendor trash.

I like the idea of adding Dilithium to high end gear. It represents what players would have had to do if Emblems had been the only way to acquire such items. The Tribble system does need tweaking though.

Whites - Anomalies
Greens - Anomalies, Trace Particles
Blues - Anomalies, Trace Particles, Dilithium
Purples - Anomalies, Trace Particles, greater amount of Dilithium compared to Blues

The way it is on Tribble currently is not this mountain/molehill grind people say it is. A few dailys/exploration missions and you can be crafting. I just think we need to move away from the mentality of the old system, because it was simply too easy to acquire, and that gear wasn't represented in value or worth, resulting in a very poor economy indeed.
The problem is they added 60% of your daily limit of refined Dilithium to even GREEN gear. It is a waste to even attempt to craft gear for your self until you can use the MX 11 gear.
Lt. Commander
# 30 ... oh boy
10-30-2011, 04:12 PM
It'd be interesting to see how many players craft, if these changes go live.

I have a feeling that players would still do it. I don't think the changes are all that bad. =)