Lt. Commander
# 331
10-31-2011, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
I should be happy and show gratitude over being screwed over and short changed and having my subscription devalued futher every week?
Thats a new one on me.

Is this what I should show gratitude about?

- Removal of VA ship tokens.
- Removal of true in-game method of obtaining c-store ships.
- Increased C-Store prices.
- Removal of free respec through merits/honor.
- Turning normal Tier 3 ships into C-Store exclusive ships.
- Removal of some of the T5 Excelsior's transwarp powers.
- Implementation of a game economy dependant on REAL MONEY.
- Dilithium refinement is time-gated.
- Forcing Crafters to grind for and refine time-gated dilithium or buy it for real money, aka C-Points.
- Removal of playable Content.(Delta Flyer Crafting missions and "reward")
- Removal of emblems from 500 day veteran rewards.
- No new real playable content for 7 months and counting.
- C-Store items nerfed from Account unlocks to single item purchases.

We insist on complaining because we as "paying customers" have legitimate grievances with Cryptic Studios/Perfect World.
It sounds like your just afraid of a little work and the content droubt was because of Atari selling Cryptic it ain't their fault!
Lt. Commander
# 332
10-31-2011, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maquis View Post
It sounds like your just afraid of a little work and the content droubt was because of Atari selling Cryptic it ain't their fault!
And you obviously ignored the entire post.
Lt. Commander
# 333
10-31-2011, 02:10 PM
It's only a matter of time now... C-store subscription fees! BUY NOW! One Tribble, just one easy payment of 160 C-points! And 10 C-points per unlock per month for as long as your account exists. If you run out of C-points before the end of the month, Cryptic_JudeLaw will come over and repossess all your clothes, your Borg Boff's implants (all of them) and your Caitian captain's DNA.

/sigh

I used to be so sure I wasn't going to play TOR...
Lt. Commander
# 334
10-31-2011, 02:18 PM
Hi folks,

I want to apologize for the delay in getting you all an answer. Here's the deal:

If you have already purchased one of these items as an account wide unlock, it remains an account wide unlock, and the item will not be changing, so it will still be bound to your character, etc. It remains the same as it is now.

If you earned one of these items as a reward (such as testing on Tribble), or received it as a "pre-order" bonus item, it will also not be changing. So, it's still an account wide unlock, bound to your character, non-tradeable, etc.

If you have earned the items in either way mentioned above, you may still reclaim the item for free, just like you can now.

However, once the transition to free-to-play is completed, the items will become available in the new method you see on Tribble now, and the ability for those who have not purchased the account wide unlocks to purchase those will be disappearing.

The fact that you can not purchase some of these items more than once on your account on the Tribble server (i.e. Tribble of Borg) is a bug, and will be remedied soon.

So, this change really only affects those who make the purchase of these items after the transition to F2P is completed. Those of you whom have already purchased, earned as a reward, or do purchase, these items on Holodeck before the transition to F2P will retain the unlocks the way you have now.

Thanks for your patience while I worked to get the information on this for you all, and I am sorry this was not more clearly communicated when the changes were made on Tribble.

If you have any questions regarding this information, please feel free to ask them in this thread. I'll be checking back in on it.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 335
10-31-2011, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post

- Removal of VA ship tokens.
- Removal of true in-game method of obtaining c-store ships.
- Increased C-Store prices.
- Removal of free respec through merits/honor.
- Turning normal Tier 3 ships into C-Store exclusive ships.
- Removal of some of the T5 Excelsior's transwarp powers.
- Implementation of a game economy dependant on REAL MONEY.
- Dilithium refinement is time-gated.
- Forcing Crafters to grind for and refine time-gated dilithium or buy it for real money, aka C-Points.
- Removal of playable Content.(Delta Flyer Crafting missions and "reward")
- Removal of emblems from 500 day veteran rewards.
- No new real playable content for 7 months and counting.
- C-Store items nerfed from Account unlocks to single item purchases.

We insist on complaining because we as "paying customers" have legitimate grievances with Cryptic Studios/Perfect World.
+1, thanks for this list!
Lt. Commander
# 336
10-31-2011, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Hi folks,

I want to apologize for the delay in getting you all an answer. Here's the deal:

If you have already purchased one of these items as an account wide unlock, it remains an account wide unlock, and the item will not be changing, so it will still be bound to your character, etc. It remains the same as it is now.

If you earned one of these items as a reward (such as testing on Tribble), or received it as a "pre-order" bonus item, it will also not be changing. So, it's still an account wide unlock, bound to your character, non-tradeable, etc.

If you have earned the items in either way mentioned above, you may still reclaim the item for free, just like you can now.

However, once the transition to free-to-play is completed, the items will become available in the new method you see on Tribble now, and the ability for those who have not purchased the account wide unlocks to purchase those will be disappearing.

The fact that you can not purchase some of these items more than once on your account on the Tribble server (i.e. Tribble of Borg) is a bug, and will be remedied soon.

So, this change really only affects those who make the purchase of these items after the transition to F2P is completed. Those of you whom have already purchased, earned as a reward, or do purchase, these items on Holodeck before the transition to F2P will retain the unlocks the way you have now.

Thanks for your patience while I worked to get the information on this for you all, and I am sorry this was not more clearly communicated when the changes were made on Tribble.

If you have any questions regarding this information, please feel free to ask them in this thread. I'll be checking back in on it.

Thanks,

Stormshade
heh. So glad I took up tea drinking now. :p
Lt. Commander
# 337
10-31-2011, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Hi folks,

Thanks,

Stormshade
Thank you Stormy, that makes me feel much better.

Now the important question that's still left is:

Will this type of change be applied to other, non-Tribble items as well? Will the VA ships become per-character unlocks? The P2W TX.5 ships? Is this a sign of the C-Store philosophy going forward?
Lt. Commander
# 338
10-31-2011, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
Thank you Stormy, that makes me feel much better.

Now the important question that's still left is:

Will this type of change be applied to other, non-Tribble items as well? Will the VA ships become per-character unlocks? The P2W TX.5 ships? Is this a sign of the C-Store philosophy going forward?
I'm betting this applies to all account unlocks, but I could always be wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 339
10-31-2011, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Hi folks,

Thanks,

Stormshade
Well that's good to know at least....but why the change? CO never went through that sort of change to character based unlocks instead. I'm intrigued on the WHY this happened to be honest, it seems like money grabbing and I'd like to believe different but so far struggle. It's another take from Cryptic/PWE without a Give so far...
Lt. Commander
# 340
10-31-2011, 02:28 PM
Im not sure what to think of this.
Closed Thread