Lt. Commander
# 361
10-31-2011, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
If they say, reduce the prices of pets, ships and so on from what is now on C-Store to 1/3 of that and make them all character specific unlocks, I'd be fine with that. (Not that I care about the pets, but I care about the ships.)

I think costume and uniform unlocks should generally still be account-wide. (That is actually the part where ships become difficult, because they are both. But hey, I told you already I'd be happier if Cryptic stopped selling ships with unique stats and visuals and just sold us pure costumes. I bought the Tier 5 Fed Ship Costumes with no issues, despite them being probably the weakest that were delivered since launch.)
They're actually making pets into tradeable items so it's a little different that just to a per character change, but yes the price has gotten steep. Don't see ships or costumes going tradeable so this change would never seem to apply, but other as yet unseen change ?.
Lt. Commander
# 362
10-31-2011, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
That's not entirely clear. Will we still be able to claim those rewards on New Characters after F2P or will we only have them for characters that already claimed them?

To clarify further:

LTS/Gold Member + New Character = can still Claim Pets/Items bought as Account Wide after F2P?

Please say yes.

"So, this change really only affects those who make the purchase of these items after the transition to F2P is completed. Those of you whom have already purchased, earned as a reward, or do purchase, these items on Holodeck before the transition to F2P will retain the unlocks the way you have now."

This says yes to me. By these words, those who own the current unlocks will not be affected. The most reasonable way to interpret this is that our current unlocks persist along with reclaiming methods, they are just not purchasable by new players.
Lt. Commander
# 363
10-31-2011, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
That's not entirely clear. Will we still be able to claim those rewards on New Characters after F2P or will we only have them for characters that already claimed them?

To clarify further:

LTS/Gold Member + New Character = can still Claim Pets/Items bought as Account Wide after F2P?

Please say yes.

Yes.

I'm working on answers for some of the broader questions you've all brought up as well.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 364
10-31-2011, 02:55 PM
StormShade, thank you for clearing that up. Which leads me to the next question. Will future rewards be unlocked account wide as well? I'm think about the doffs that we are to get for reaching certain milestones during testing.
Lt. Commander
# 365 I have a question.
10-31-2011, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Hi folks,

I want to apologize for the delay in getting you all an answer. Here's the deal:

If you have already purchased one of these items as an account wide unlock, it remains an account wide unlock, and the item will not be changing, so it will still be bound to your character, etc. It remains the same as it is now.

If you earned one of these items as a reward (such as testing on Tribble), or received it as a "pre-order" bonus item, it will also not be changing. So, it's still an account wide unlock, bound to your character, non-tradeable, etc.

If you have earned the items in either way mentioned above, you may still reclaim the item for free, just like you can now.

However, once the transition to free-to-play is completed, the items will become available in the new method you see on Tribble now, and the ability for those who have not purchased the account wide unlocks to purchase those will be disappearing.

The fact that you can not purchase some of these items more than once on your account on the Tribble server (i.e. Tribble of Borg) is a bug, and will be remedied soon.

So, this change really only affects those who make the purchase of these items after the transition to F2P is completed. Those of you whom have already purchased, earned as a reward, or do purchase, these items on Holodeck before the transition to F2P will retain the unlocks the way you have now.

Thanks for your patience while I worked to get the information on this for you all, and I am sorry this was not more clearly communicated when the changes were made on Tribble.

If you have any questions regarding this information, please feel free to ask them in this thread. I'll be checking back in on it.

Thanks,

Stormshade
What if I make a new character? I'm talking about on the same account that has already purchased these items pre-F2P. Currently, every new character I make can claim these items. After F2P will I still be able to get them free the first time on a new character?

As a bit of feedback: I really don't buy per-character items. When you guys release the next Exocomp or Gelki, I would normally line-up and buy it as a general supporter of the game and collector of things Trek. But this was knowing I could buy it once and have it on all characters now and going forward. I really don't have interest in per-character items. I don't want to re-buy something 20 times.

Check out my CO account. Yeah, I bought one or two items to try out. But there are about a dozen more (rather expensive, transformation devices, basically that games version of Ships) that I simply won't touch. Why? Per character == No thanks.

If they were account-wide unlocks. I'd have probably purchased all of them (just has I had with the STO ships).

Thanks for reading.

Edit: I see my question was already answered in the positive. Thank you. But please, consider my additional feedback. I assume you guys are going to make new items and will want my money too.
Lt. Commander
# 366
10-31-2011, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Hi folks,

I want to apologize for the delay in getting you all an answer. Here's the deal:

If you have already purchased one of these items as an account wide unlock, it remains an account wide unlock, and the item will not be changing, so it will still be bound to your character, etc. It remains the same as it is now.

If you earned one of these items as a reward (such as testing on Tribble), or received it as a "pre-order" bonus item, it will also not be changing. So, it's still an account wide unlock, bound to your character, non-tradeable, etc.

If you have earned the items in either way mentioned above, you may still reclaim the item for free, just like you can now.

However, once the transition to free-to-play is completed, the items will become available in the new method you see on Tribble now, and the ability for those who have not purchased the account wide unlocks to purchase those will be disappearing.

The fact that you can not purchase some of these items more than once on your account on the Tribble server (i.e. Tribble of Borg) is a bug, and will be remedied soon.

So, this change really only affects those who make the purchase of these items after the transition to F2P is completed. Those of you whom have already purchased, earned as a reward, or do purchase, these items on Holodeck before the transition to F2P will retain the unlocks the way you have now.

Thanks for your patience while I worked to get the information on this for you all, and I am sorry this was not more clearly communicated when the changes were made on Tribble.

If you have any questions regarding this information, please feel free to ask them in this thread. I'll be checking back in on it.

Thanks,

Stormshade
The question is, why? with marked up prices, and the fact that they've been requested on even more item types. you'd make more money off Account Wide Unlocks, it only makes sense to provide an account wide option, even if its at a slight additional unlock for convenience.
Lt. Commander
# 367
10-31-2011, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Yes.

I'm working on answers for some of the broader questions you've all brought up as well.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Thank you, StormShade.

Lt. Commander
# 368
10-31-2011, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Yes.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Does.. Does this sudden loquacious turn mean the non-Logan, non-Heretic Devs are on speaking terms with the playerbase again?

Please?
Lt. Commander
# 369
10-31-2011, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
And now you need to make the upcoming changes to the T5 Excelsior work the same way. Since you obviously have the tech to make the distinction.
Seconded!!!!!
Thirded.

Or

I have a nice solution to the Excel that lets us keep the existing T5 and makes the T3 a valuable item worth buying (and yes, I'd buy one too):
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho....php?p=3836539

More Feedback:
If you guys are going to go ahead with what I personally think is a bad idea of making per-character items. Then please make it like your CO brothers do with some of their devices and you can transfer them between characters on the same account. For instance, I bought a Super-Magnifier device for my "giant" character. If I want, I can send that to another one of my characters. I still need to buy multiple copies if I don't want to play swapsies, but I at least have the option to share.
Lt. Commander
# 370
10-31-2011, 03:09 PM
This is definitely not a positive change. While we can pick up the current pets as account wide unlocks (and I have done just that) it doesn't bode well for future releases (of pets or anything else). I'm really beginning to worry where this game is headed.
Closed Thread