Lt. Commander
# 371
10-31-2011, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadoom
Why are they taking away a reward for having levelled all the way to the top, from subscribers who've kept the game afloat while it has had no new content in 7 months? They're forcing us to pay for yet another thing, ontop of keeping the damned game afloat. Slap in the face. The fact that you're OK with this change, which flies in the face of "nothing will be taken away from subscribers" speaks volumes as to the crap you're prepared to take from Cryptic.
I take no crap from anyone and I thought i explained the 7 month thing?
and the removal of the VA token is so that your ship has a spechal ability that not avalable through in-game methods but don't forget the C-store stipended and you can more c-points form the c-point exchange your not realy loosing anything and this what we are playing with is for the free players not the golden players that's what the test is about the free part of the game that's why cryptic said "nothing will be taken away from subscribers" cause they're not they're rearageing a few things but nothing is being taken away just a little bit shuffled
Lt. Commander
# 372 disheartened
10-31-2011, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
So, this change really only affects those who make the purchase of these items after the transition to F2P is completed. Those of you whom have already purchased, earned as a reward, or do purchase, these items on Holodeck before the transition to F2P will retain the unlocks the way you have now.
Thanks for the reply StormShade. It is good to know that account wide purchases made before F2P won't be pruned, but it sounds like after F2P there will not be any more account wide items available for purchase. For me, this is a serious problem. I will stop using the c-store and let my annual subscription lapse. I don't say this as a threat, but a concern. I want to spend money at the c-store, but I won't for one-time-use or single-character purchases.

I'm a die hard STO fan, but I find this more disheartening than the recent content drought.
Lt. Commander
# 373
10-31-2011, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havraha View Post
So let us all get this straight --

Players who haven't yet bought all the tribbles they want need to hurry up and buy them now or have to buy them 10 times over in the future? Sounds like a money grab.
It may be, but this is the first time there has been a c-store sale and I haven't made a purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havraha View Post
What makes you think selling $20 ships PER CHARACTER versus account is even financially beneficial? Who's going to buy something like that over and over again? Who's going to buy it AT ALL if they can't reclaim it!?:
I certainly won't. Keep up the good fight Hav!
Lt. Commander
# 374
10-31-2011, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Yes.

I'm working on answers for some of the broader questions you've all brought up as well.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Thank for the clarifications on this.
IMOHPO however...Even tho I understand it's not your call...
It's still kinda cheap on Cryptic's part.
the pets just aren't all that.
Lt. Commander
# 375
10-31-2011, 03:25 PM
Well then, I guess (if we are still here when it goes f2p) we will be telling new players to not bother buying from the c-store....
Lt. Commander
# 376
10-31-2011, 03:29 PM
im pleased to know they stay account unlocks if they have already been bought, although its s little disappointing that it would suggest any future pets/tribbles or things of this nature will be single purchases.

i just dont think its a change thats needed. are people going to buy these things per character? maybe if they were super cheap, like 20-30 points or something?

id just keep it as it is.
Lt. Commander
# 377
10-31-2011, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soriedem View Post
StormShade, thank you for clearing that up. Which leads me to the next question. Will future rewards be unlocked account wide as well? I'm think about the doffs that we are to get for reaching certain milestones during testing.
Account wide unlocks aren't "grindy" enough, therefore they don't fit into the current business model. Look for the special rewards to be character based only.
Lt. Commander
# 378
10-31-2011, 03:34 PM
Good to know I won't have to spend my stipend on any pets now that they are per toon.

I expect after STO goes F2P we'll see blog posts about how failure to understand the market place is what resulted in the failed launch of STO 2.0.

At that point I would expect promises of a re-revamped STO 3.0. And how this time they'll get it right. Bring on the F2P. I want to get this transition over with so Cryptic can see how Silvers won't stick around with the game in its current state.
Lt. Commander
# 379
10-31-2011, 03:36 PM
I just heard back from the team, and there are no plans to be making any other massive changes like this to the Store, at this time. Ships will definitely be remaining as account wide unlocks. They will not be turning into per character unlocks.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 380
10-31-2011, 03:38 PM
Quote:
at this time
That sorta kinda ruins any confidence I might be able to muster that you guys aren't going to pull the rug out from under us.
Again.
Closed Thread