Lt. Commander
# 11
10-31-2011, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallout23 View Post
Shall we set an over/under when a dev will respond to this thread? I'll start by guessing never...

Well I take that back, it seems stormshade is now ganking our "I quit" pages now. My guess is that will probably be the response to your question. Two weeks

Now if I go on a long tangental rant about the pathetic moderation on these boards and that the devs only use this game to cash a paycheck I am sure I could get them in here in an hour.

It is disgusting though that not all customers are created equal, if I treated customer A who only supplies $1000 of income a month to my employer different than Customer B that supplies $100000 I would get fired. What I mean different is I ignore $1000 a month for the $100000 a month.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-31-2011, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
Now if I go on a long tangental rant about the pathetic moderation on these boards and that the devs only use this game to cash a paycheck I am sure I could get them in here in an hour.

It is disgusting though that not all customers are created equal, if I treated customer A who only supplies $1000 of income a month to my employer different than Customer B that supplies $100000 I would get fired. What I mean different is I ignore $1000 a month for the $100000 a month.
You live in a land of lollipops and rainbows... don't you.

"Greed, for lack of a better word, is good. Greed is right. Greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures, the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed, in all of its forms; greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge, has marked the upward surge of mankind and greed, you mark my words, will not only save Teldar Paper, but that other malfunctioning corporation called the U.S.A" - The Fictional GG

Seriously why follow through on Previous Plan A... B.... C.... or D..... when the new Plan E can make you more money. Cryptic I am sorry to say is doing pretty much exactly what any M&Ad company did in the 80s.... slash and burn. I hate to say we might be on the wrong end of their quick cash solution.
Lt. Commander
# 13 Unwanted Behavior.
10-31-2011, 09:53 AM
Flaming, Trolling, Haxing, Griefing, its all here.

For that reason I have to ***** this thread.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-31-2011, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marctraider View Post
Flaming, Trolling, Haxing, Griefing, its all here.

For that reason I have to ***** this thread.
Wishy is that you
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-31-2011, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
You live in a land of lollipops and rainbows... don't you.

"Greed, for lack of a better word, is good. Greed is right. Greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures, the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed, in all of its forms; greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge, has marked the upward surge of mankind and greed, you mark my words, will not only save Teldar Paper, but that other malfunctioning corporation called the U.S.A" - The Fictional GG

Seriously why follow through on Previous Plan A... B.... C.... or D..... when the new Plan E can make you more money. Cryptic I am sorry to say is doing pretty much exactly what any M&Ad company did in the 80s.... slash and burn. I hate to say we might be on the wrong end of their quick cash solution.
i likes what your saying here, and i have actually thought quite fond of greed my entire life. greed is good, when good people put it to good use. it can also be horribly destructive when an uneducated, devisive or ill-informed person misuses it.

also, when has Trek ever been a quick cash scheme? dude people are addicted to this stuff for a lifetime. if there is a producer somewhere in the cryptic office who thought a get rich quick and get out scheme would work for this particular licensed property, they are most likely uneducated, or have been misinformed. which makes me wonder how that person got their job anyway. example: Star Wars. Lucas didnt do everything right, but i gotta admit, as far as building a sci-fi empire goes...i gotta tip my hat to him.

the smart thing to do is put forth a solid game from the start. didnt happen. next you solicit feedback from those who have played the game the most, which they dont. (and i dont mean playing the mishes over and over, you know what im talking about) then refine / re-tool what as it comes, releasing slow, and thoroughly tested, solutions to the environment. another round of feedback needs to be solicited again..rinse repeat, respawn.

as a person with 2 degrees in business and the surrounding strategies that are applicable in such a discussion, i challenge anyone on the cryptic team to formulate a response to this thread.

/off soapbox

-have fun kill bad guys (hopefully)

-horizon
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-31-2011, 02:26 PM
To the devils advocate that is roaming this thread. There has been some very well thought posts with very little vitriol (at least interwebz standards) and all they have drawn is crickets from the Devs. These threads have a very Pavlovian response theme. The only time things got fixed is when we press the nuclear option button and scream so loud the PvEers try and troll and get flambasted. We have always tried to be civil becuase every couple of months a dev steps in and says if you behave will giver you a lollipop and 99 out of 100 times we are the only suckers to be seen. If you look everywhere on the forums the squeaky wheel gets the grease and the key is to squeak the loudest.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-31-2011, 05:55 PM
Hmm.. Perhaps there needs to be Talk of F2P or Dilithium in addition to the questions to get Dev response beyond Stormy charging in on his white house and Spear of Thread Closing. Right?

So.. How would you make Refined Dilithium worth while in PVP beyond what they already are trying to do for Weapons and Gear?

And Do you think they should release PVE maps as C-store Purchasable PVP variation Maps in F2P?
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-31-2011, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilawpilath View Post
Hmm.. Perhaps there needs to be Talk of F2P or Dilithium in addition to the questions to get Dev response beyond Stormy charging in on his white house and Spear of Thread Closing. Right?

So.. How would you make Refined Dilithium worth while in PVP beyond what they already are trying to do for Weapons and Gear?

And Do you think they should release PVE maps as C-store Purchasable PVP variation Maps in F2P?
Now, go ask this question in a F2P thread and link it to this one, maybe then it will get read. Or maybe someone could report this thread for being too civil Anyway, all kidding aside. I do hope someone at Cryptic takes the time to read this entire thread.... maybe even look at the rising frustration levels throughout the PvP boards, instead of writing it off as flaming. Genuine discourse could have gone a long way in head all of this off at the pass. So far the only PvP mention I've heard from Cryptic is contained in my signature. Grabbed that about 2 weeks ago from a PvE thread
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-31-2011, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmr1580 View Post
So far the only PvP mention I've heard from Cryptic is contained in my signature. Grabbed that about 2 weeks ago from a PvE thread
Yeah I think I've seen that message before.

I guess that does beg another question..

If PVP is so important, why has it been delayed, and is still being delayed, for soo long?
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-31-2011, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilawpilath View Post
Yeah I think I've seen that message before.

I guess that does beg another question..

If PVP is so important, why has it been delayed, and is still being delayed, for soo long?
Because as important as pvp is, finally making money is more important. They can't move forth without stealing every last disposable dime from everyone's pockets. They'll get to ours last.