Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
# 101
10-16-2011, 12:57 PM
Ok...been loving this tool, and definitely plan on using it when I make a trailer for my Foundry Mission. HOWEVER, I discovered this thread while away from home on my 5 year old laptop. When I got home and had access to my brand new desktop, I immediately downloaded this tool and rendered a demo sequence...however, after that one use, the tool will no longer launch. I have it on my desktop, double click to start, and I see the splash screen. Then, nothing. I get the Demo Launcher Icon on my start bar, but attempting to maximize it does nothing. I deleted it and redownloaded, same problem. Are there any files that get stored in the system that I can try deleting as well? Has anyone else had this problem before? Thanks for any help and for developing this program Rachel!
Lt. Commander
# 102
10-30-2011, 02:37 AM
Hi,

try the following:
  • Open Windows Explorer
  • Type in "%AppData%
  • Open "StoDemoLauncher"
  • Delete the config.ini

The problem might be that you have been switching screen resolutions. the tool remembers the window position in absolute coordinates. If the screen resolution was reduced since last use, it might have ended up "outside" of your screen.

Regards,
Rachel
Lt. Commander
# 103
10-31-2011, 06:30 AM
thx it was the rez
Lt. Commander
# 104
11-01-2011, 02:20 PM
Ok, I updated StoDemoLauncher to prevent this behavior from happening in the future:

- If location and size stored in config.ini would place window outside the screen, it is repositioned to fit within the primary screen desktop.

I also found an additional bug in the auto-update system, immediately after 2.9.5 was released, so here comes:

- Fixed a bug where the auto-update system would display a wrong download version number.

Regards,
Rachel

P.S.: Please tell me if this causes any issues with multi-monitor setups (because I can't test that on my one-monitor machine).
Lt. Commander
# 105 Demo record error message
11-03-2011, 01:11 PM
Fatal Error: Failed to record data from map: the crc or version number of the data on disk does not match what the code is expecting.

I got this error trying to use demo record launcher. Could I be doing something wrong?
Lt. Commander
# 106
11-03-2011, 03:47 PM
Just in update I tryed playing it through the command line and i got the same thing
Lt. Commander
# 107
11-06-2011, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWY777
Just in update I tryed playing it through the command line and i got the same thing
As you have figured out, it is not a StoDemoLauncher bug, but something that is wrong with certain maps.

Add your bug information here: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=238100

Regards,
Rachel
Lt. Commander
# 108
02-19-2012, 04:00 AM
Awesome function and awesome tool. Thank you very much for creating this.

It was fun recording my new character's first PvE fleet battle at about level 6 or so

http://youtu.be/wPdwGp8wSRU
Lt. Commander
# 109
02-24-2012, 07:02 AM
Hey guys!

that's a really great tool and stuff... but I have a little problem. I can't find a way to turn off the demo player's interface to make a pure video using Fraps. Could u give me a clue what button is this?

thanks a lot.
Lt. Commander
# 110
02-24-2012, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpt.Stark
Hey guys!

that's a really great tool and stuff... but I have a little problem. I can't find a way to turn off the demo player's interface to make a pure video using Fraps. Could u give me a clue what button is this?

thanks a lot.
If you using fraps you'll have to crop the video. Alternatively export the demo as screen shots using the demo player, then create a video from those. Screen shots = no demo ui