Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-01-2011, 02:25 PM
I think I've spent my last RL money on the C-Store. I have a lifetime account and I was happy to pay a little extra for neat stuff, but if it becomes required to compete or make the game bearable, then forget it. I've already been seriously underwhelmed by the response to a number silly bugs and basic unresolved problems. I thought I'd at least be happy when my captain could sit in her chair, but they screwed that up too (feet through the floor, broomstick up her butt).

Don't get me wrong, I want STO to succeed and I know game developing is hard, but it seems like the focus is on raking in new players instead of making the existing player base happy. So many little things have been pushed to the back-burner in favor of rearranging everything for Free To Play... I can see it now; chat will be filled with newbies wondering why the game seems so unfinished.

Nitpicking here, but how long did it take them to get the warp-in and warp-out animations right? To get transporter effects that didn't look funny? Why is BOFF pathing still screwy? Why do random exploration missions give nonsensical scenarios? How come I have to spend a few minutes rearranging my UI buttons every time I swap a kit or a crew member? Why do BOFFs use powers at random, even out of combat? And what about the caitains' HAIR???

The only reason I come on these forums regularly is to check the Release Notes, hoping to see something I've been waiting for for over a year...