Lt. Commander
# 11
11-01-2011, 02:25 PM
I think I've spent my last RL money on the C-Store. I have a lifetime account and I was happy to pay a little extra for neat stuff, but if it becomes required to compete or make the game bearable, then forget it. I've already been seriously underwhelmed by the response to a number silly bugs and basic unresolved problems. I thought I'd at least be happy when my captain could sit in her chair, but they screwed that up too (feet through the floor, broomstick up her butt).

Don't get me wrong, I want STO to succeed and I know game developing is hard, but it seems like the focus is on raking in new players instead of making the existing player base happy. So many little things have been pushed to the back-burner in favor of rearranging everything for Free To Play... I can see it now; chat will be filled with newbies wondering why the game seems so unfinished.

Nitpicking here, but how long did it take them to get the warp-in and warp-out animations right? To get transporter effects that didn't look funny? Why is BOFF pathing still screwy? Why do random exploration missions give nonsensical scenarios? How come I have to spend a few minutes rearranging my UI buttons every time I swap a kit or a crew member? Why do BOFFs use powers at random, even out of combat? And what about the caitains' HAIR???

The only reason I come on these forums regularly is to check the Release Notes, hoping to see something I've been waiting for for over a year...
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-01-2011, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape_Mario View Post
I couldn't agree with you more. I've haven't played any of the PWE games well because I've heard that most of them are crap. I Hope that someone in the main office realize that the same model that works in one part of the world wont work everywhere.

I enjoy Star Trek its sad to see where its going.
Most of their games are crap, insane grinds to dizzying level caps with precious little to do even if you spend money, which they'll try and get you to do at every turn.

In their beta for Rusty Hearts, they're actually trying to make you spend real money in that game, it's in BETA for pete's sake and they still try to nickel and dime you.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-01-2011, 02:59 PM
This is a great list. I'd like to add:

1) They will likely remove "Mission Replay" so you cannot repeat missions to gear up you and your boffs:
2) If they DO leave that feature in, thye will change everything from "Bind on Equip" to "Bind on Pickup" or "Unique"

3) Pretty much logging in will force you to use dilithium.

4) The fist new missions (Weekly Series or Featured Episodes) will be rehashes of things already out, such as Children of Khan and the like.

5) ECs made utterly useless due to the new economy.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-01-2011, 03:26 PM
Is there a way to email CBS's trek powers to voice our concerns?
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-01-2011, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Mink
But is SWG going down because LA pulled the license? The only news I've heard of that is that Sony is saying that it's time and they're ready to stop supporting what they consider a dead game.
The license expires early next year, so apparently LucasArts and Sony Online Entertainment have "jointly" decided not to seek a renewal and to shut the game down on December 15 of this year.
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-01-2011, 07:59 PM
STOP IT!!!!!! You're scaring the children!!!! MOOOOOOOOMMMMMYYYYYYY!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-01-2011, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavilier210 View Post
Is there a way to email CBS's trek powers to voice our concerns?
well if there is let me know i will join you in this.......
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-01-2011, 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavenji View Post
Why do random exploration missions give nonsensical scenarios?
Nonsensical? I seem to recall an episode of Voyager where Janeway helped 7 of 9 locate artifacts from the Borg's third dynasty.*

* That actually probably would have been better than at least half of the episodes of that show.
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-01-2011, 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinkuu_Akagan View Post
Customer Service will be strictly reserved for billing issues.
May as well be already.
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-02-2011, 12:18 AM
EDIT: I gotta stop posting late at night...

I wanted to give people a good chuckle, but I can't think right now.