Lt. Commander
# 61
10-31-2011, 10:40 PM
The Halloween sale is over? But it's still Halloween. I thought I still had until midnight at least.

Lt. Commander
# 62
11-01-2011, 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
The Halloween sale is over? But it's still Halloween. I thought I still had until midnight at least.

Yeah, no doubt. After reading about the Excel getting fixed, I was considering a purchase or two, but when I checked the store (this was a couple hours ago, now) the sale was over.

Meh.

Lt. Commander
# 63
11-01-2011, 08:55 AM
could have been worse, I bought the excel on thursday for 1200 and then it was dropped to 960... suck city
Lt. Commander
# 64
11-01-2011, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
Yeah, no doubt. After reading about the Excel getting fixed, I was considering a purchase or two, but when I checked the store (this was a couple hours ago, now) the sale was over.

Meh.

Yeah, I was considering unlocking the Defiant and the B'rel Refit, since we won't get VA tokens to get those any more and their price during the sale was about half of what it will be after F2P.

Oh well. Guess I'll have to grind some characters up to get the tokens before the change.

Lt. Commander
# 65
11-01-2011, 11:54 AM
Eh. Black Friday will probably have a sale.
Lt. Commander
# 66
11-01-2011, 01:27 PM
My problem with buying C-store items right now is that some of these items are about to altered or some being made free when it goes F2P. Why would I want to buy a C-store item right now?
Lt. Commander
# 67
11-01-2011, 02:00 PM
But if they alter a product I've already bought, shouldn't that said product come with a disclaimer.

"This product is subject to be changed and may soon no longer be the product you have paid for. Thank you for buying from Cryptic. You never know what you will get."
Lt. Commander
# 68
11-01-2011, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simale
But if they alter a product I've already bought, shouldn't that said product come with a disclaimer.

"This product is subject to be changed and may soon no longer be the product you have paid for. Thank you for buying from Cryptic. You never know what you will get."
DO I even need to give a real answer for that???
Lt. Commander
# 69
11-01-2011, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simale

There is a disclaimer in the click-through agreement which basically says that you do not own anything you pay for and that Cryptic can alter their game even after you have paid for it.

Now, a click through agreement is not a binding contract and even if it were, courts are not obligated to enforce contracts in all cases, but it does give Cryptic some leverage to alter your purchases.

But, they have already stated that the Excelsior is basically staying the way it is, more or less, for those who bought it prior to F2P. A lot of people thought they were splitting its transwarp power into the tier 3 ship and forcing you to buy that to keep it as is.

However, Cryptic has confirmed that they will not be doing this for existing purchasers (probably by allowing free access to the T3 ship for those who bought the T5). This is a good business practice and a good legal liability practice and helps alleviate the concern that they are going to alter previous purchases solely for the purpose of encouraging you to make a new purchase.
Lt. Commander
# 70
11-02-2011, 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer View Post
DO I even need to give a real answer for that???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakarak
There is a disclaimer in the click-through agreement which basically says that you do not own anything you pay for and that Cryptic can alter their game even after you have paid for it.

Now, a click through agreement is not a binding contract and even if it were, courts are not obligated to enforce contracts in all cases, but it does give Cryptic some leverage to alter your purchases.

But, they have already stated that the Excelsior is basically staying the way it is, more or less, for those who bought it prior to F2P. A lot of people thought they were splitting its transwarp power into the tier 3 ship and forcing you to buy that to keep it as is.

However, Cryptic has confirmed that they will not be doing this for existing purchasers (probably by allowing free access to the T3 ship for those who bought the T5). This is a good business practice and a good legal liability practice and helps alleviate the concern that they are going to alter previous purchases solely for the purpose of encouraging you to make a new purchase.
I was 100*% serious when I wrote that. NOT