Lt. Commander
# 1 Miranda class still useful?
11-02-2011, 01:43 AM
So i started playing this game about a week ago, got myself to commander and using my new Nebula class. The thing is my favorite ship is the miranda class and for PvE want to know if its still able to take on the harder missions down the line and what would be the best setup for this thing?
Lt. Commander
# 2 well technically.....
11-02-2011, 01:55 AM
You could use the beginner ship at higher levels if you really wanted to.....you may explode alot which happens when in a ship like that...but it shouldnt halt any progression into the upper tiers....I do it from time to time just for giggles.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-02-2011, 03:23 AM
Pitiyfully its not really usefull.
I like the Mirranda class, too, and I'd also like to use the NX class now and then.... and the TOS Constitution is the most requestet ship at endcontent i guess.... but the tier system doesnt allow that...
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-02-2011, 05:26 AM
i think this comes down to the usual request for a ship levelling or upgrade system to make any tier of ship be used at any tier. it would be easy enough to implement but i doubt it will happen. Even though it makes sense. a ship of the line going through its career and upgrading or retrofitting it for new generations. like the enterprise d going from galaxy to galaxy-x. one can dream but im sure they'll not listen
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-02-2011, 05:58 AM
The Miranda was more or less phased out during the mid 24th century as it was nothing more then a freighter before being retrofitted and recalled for service during the dominion war and even then, they were begin cut to shreds, left right and center.

If anything, the Oberth and Miranda should of been quickly retired coming to the 25th century along with the Centaur. But strictly by CBS's contract which i must assume, that these ships were added to keep some trek realism going.

There is no way i can see the Miranda being taken to battleship status, it would be nice with a C-Store upgrade in order to deversify the Federation fleet, but the truth is, these frigates are well past their sell by date.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-02-2011, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xautos
The Miranda was more or less phased out during the mid 24th century as it was nothing more then a freighter before being retrofitted and recalled for service during the dominion war and even then, they were begin cut to shreds, left right and center.

If anything, the Oberth and Miranda should of been quickly retired coming to the 25th century along with the Centaur. But strictly by CBS's contract which i must assume, that these ships were added to keep some trek realism going.

There is no way i can see the Miranda being taken to battleship status, it would be nice with a C-Store upgrade in order to deversify the Federation fleet, but the truth is, these frigates are well past their sell by date.
Excelsior isn't much older, was torn apart during Wolf 359 and the Dominion War just as much, yet it currently holds "battleship" status as a T5 (among the best, I might add).

While logically what you say makes sense, the existence of the Excelsior and its current status kinda makes it a bit contradictory.

I believe the general population, those few here being the exception, are so fed up and sick of the Miranda after how weak and inferior it performs by comparison to ships they are used to, that they automatically brand the ship with hate.

I know - I'm one of them.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-03-2011, 02:34 AM
With right setup and skill you could continue use Miranda as long as you want, just other day I did cure space on trible with my fighter for giggles, only blew up once, now with the point defense system available(c store)
The Miranda can get some new love, the suixes(sp?) is basically a Miranda that was retrofitted with new armour, cannons and a point defense turret at the end of the 23rd century while federation was still at war with Klingons, one of my fave ships of all startrek after the defiant, if not sure what ship I mean, episode of tng with Kelsey Kramer when enterprise gets stuck in time loop, the ship commanded by Kelsey Kramer that was stuck in the loop for 80 years.

U.S.S. BOZMEN
http://www.startrek.com/legacy_media...ss/320x240.jpg

http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars...sheet-48-s.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-03-2011, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchstick101 View Post
So i started playing this game about a week ago, got myself to commander and using my new Nebula class. The thing is my favorite ship is the miranda class and for PvE want to know if its still able to take on the harder missions down the line and what would be the best setup for this thing?
burried somwhere around here is a very nice thread on an updated class hull that is more of a hybrid of sorts. IMHO that is where an updated Miranda would be. Just the same .. Several of us on this forum discussed it. IMHO it is really needed. But with all of the changes that are more negative than anything else it highly unlikely that we will see the newer class ship (the Seawolf class) ever happen.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-03-2011, 07:29 AM
The Miranda class is small, easy to build, it's cost effective (not money wise but ship building meterial wise) and has a good complament of weapons for a ship it's size and the missions starfleet assigns it to such as patrol missions frees up larger vessles, like the Excelisor, Akira and Defiant for more dangrous missions and that frees up the galaxy, sovereign, promeatheous and Galaxy class Mark 2 and 3's (Venture class and Galaxy-X respecfuly) for missions that require ships to have big guns plus the Miranda has around 139 nine years of proven history to justafy and upgrade of tecnolagey and continued production, that's why the real world U.S.S. Enterprise (the aircraft carrier) is still is service 50 years after she was comissioned
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-03-2011, 07:37 AM
I totally regret getting rid of my Miranda so long ago and a stronger version would be welcome. Like I have said in other threads tho-I still use my Connie to do the Eta Dailies, and generally in tandem with my photonic fleet I usually manage to make it through them without death. Its all about the best weapons, shields, deflector you can buy.