Lt. Commander
This week Elijah and James have a great talk with Star Trek Online's Community Manager, Stormshade, ask some tough questions, and get some great answers about where Star Trek Online is headed.

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-28-2011, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
This week Elijah and James have a great talk with Star Trek Online's Community Manager, Stormshade, ask some tough questions, and get some great answers about where Star Trek Online is headed.

Link to the news article.
..talk about tooting yer own horn... <chuckle>
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-29-2011, 12:48 AM
We are discussing it over here already: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=238738.

Regards,
Rachel
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-29-2011, 08:38 AM
Hey Stormy, thanks for all the answers to Priority One's questions and I'm happy to hear you're OK after the car accident (I know how scary that can be) and I wish you a swift recovery.

In response to your answer "we want to slow down crafting", it takes time to earn dilithium and it takes A LOT of time to earn crafting materials, unless you have a lot of EC or spend A LOT of time on DOff assignments.

SO doesn't the time to gather dilithium for expensive store gear vs. the time to gather dilithium for inexpensive crafting gear plus the time to gather crafting material required for that gear...

...Balance each other out?

It sounds like it would take about the same amount of time to acquire the resources for both store and crafting gear.

If Cryptic want's to slow down crafting, why not simply increase the amount of experience required to get up the crafting ladder or increase the amount of data samples required?

Allowing players to trade dilithium, directly or via their fleet bank I imagine will only cause problems.

Can you share any of the other ideas Cryptic has discussed which could resolve this issue without the requirement of dilithium please?

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-29-2011, 08:52 AM
Stormy's voice is so deep, wow, you could easily do the Sarastro part in the Magic Flute.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-29-2011, 01:07 PM
Stormy, I think you should edit that to be "Priority one talks with <me>" since they are talking with you.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-02-2011, 07:54 AM
I think they have to speak in press release language.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-02-2011, 01:31 PM
I agree 100% stormy that people shouldnt get personal in there post but you said why should devs work as hard if people are flaming personaly at them well simply because they are paid too, so i beleave that attitude is wrong also, and two wrongs dont make a right. I have worked jobs before that the boss would cuss you out and well i was still expected to do my job because i was paid to do my job. But as i said people souldnt get personal at any dev, and state how you feel like an adult in an adult manner.