Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
11-02-2011, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanTom View Post
Can it be like..this weekend?
No escort should ever ever carry extend shields, especially in all escort tourney. U guys really amaze me sometime. Extend shields..escort! LOL
unfortantly i wont be able to this weekend and i think its short notice. so i put it next weekend lol
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
11-02-2011, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
i dont see anyone else trying to keep everyone together. so you can go **** yourself.
Well no one voted you community leader... no offense. I like you dude. Just "TSI" run anything has pretty much always turned into compete UNFUN.

How about you drop the competitiveness quotient down about 5 notches... and simply say Hey where (Meaning you and your friends) are getting together this/next weekend and where going to go at each other in nothing but escorts... just to get the "gang" back together for at least one day of fun. Everyone is welcome to join... all escort no commander Sci or Engi in the bops... everyone meet up in OPvP and we'll set up some 1 on 1s... 5 on 5s and what ever else we have the room for. (If enough people are around and they want to do a quick 4 or 5 team eliminator, go for it)

Quite frankly I will never have anything too do with anything competitive organized by TSI ever again. If I am not doing anything, and if I believed it was really about fun... hey I might join in. I made a lot of friends in STO and shooting at each other on afternoon in that manner would be fun sure. Organized battles, sorry won't be around. The last time it felt like the game was about to collapse you guys where nice enough to try to organize a "fun" day... and guess what EVERYONE came with half backed ideas... flying the wrong faction, ect... we really did come to have fun... and we all had fun as long as we where not playing with the TSI guys...who came to win. Nothing wrong with wanting to win.... just not sure the dwindling game pop needs that type of "fun" right now. Sorry for the wall of text. Good luck if you get some response.

- Ivan... ya I could see TSI running 5 fleets with extends... I doubt they would pull the Extend escort gimmick twice, ya just never know though. lol
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
11-02-2011, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
Well no one voted you community leader... no offense. I like you dude. Just "TSI" run anything has pretty much always turned into compete UNFUN.

How about you drop the competitiveness quotient down about 5 notches... and simply say Hey where (Meaning you and your friends) are getting together this/next weekend and where going to go at each other in nothing but escorts... just to get the "gang" back together for at least one day of fun. Everyone is welcome to join... all escort no commander Sci or Engi in the bops... everyone meet up in OPvP and we'll set up some 1 on 1s... 5 on 5s and what ever else we have the room for. (If enough people are around and they want to do a quick 4 or 5 team eliminator, go for it)

Quite frankly I will never have anything too do with anything competitive organized by TSI ever again. If I am not doing anything, and if I believed it was really about fun... hey I might join in. I made a lot of friends in STO and shooting at each other on afternoon in that manner would be fun sure. Organized battles, sorry won't be around. The last time it felt like the game was about to collapse you guys where nice enough to try to organize a "fun" day... and guess what EVERYONE came with half backed ideas... flying the wrong faction, ect... we really did come to have fun... and we all had fun as long as we where not playing with the TSI guys...who came to win. Nothing wrong with wanting to win.... just not sure the dwindling game pop needs that type of "fun" right now. Sorry for the wall of text. Good luck if you get some response.

- Ivan... ya I could see TSI running 5 fleets with extends... I doubt they would pull the Extend escort gimmick twice, ya just never know though. lol
i never said this was a tsi event does this mean anything i ever try to do in this game will be automatically assumed to be TSI? this is a mai event.... just like the last time around i have no intention of participating and i cant control how people decide to play in the rules. sure i could say "keep it fun" but then what is "fun" for one may not be fun for another and short of not allowing teams to partake what can someone REALLY do?

this is just how i've done things because it keeps it simple and organized.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
11-02-2011, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
i never said this was a tsi event does this mean anything i ever try to do in this game will be automatically assumed to be TSI? this is a mai event.... just like the last time around i have no intention of participating and i cant control how people decide to play in the rules. sure i could say "keep it fun" but then what is "fun" for one may not be fun for another and short of not allowing teams to partake what can someone REALLY do?

this is just how i've done things because it keeps it simple and organized.
This is my point... man your not our organizer. Drop the I am organizing so I am not playing crap... get in your escort and say I WILL be on Saturday November 11th... 1pm Central Standard... I would love if we could all jump in our escorts and go at it with out any of the BS skills and have some fun.

1) We don't need a score keeper to have fun.

2) I doubt your idea of fun is Organizing Spread Sheets (If it really is perhaps you should develop the Spreadsheet wars MMO... it could be the ultimate Game for accountants, and hey those guys have deep pockets... your CStore can feature vanity pocket protectors and calculators)

3) If the idea really is too have fun... no one will be showing up with 5 extend shielding Fleet Escorts... because believe it or not most people are not douche bags... and if there is one douche bag and he convinces 4 other people to be douche bags with him I think they would just have to accept the hate they would get from the non-douche bags in the game.

4) I might want to shoot at you.

Seriously Mai... I am not trying to PvP with you on the forum. Your a good guy and I think you mean well. We just sort of went through this dance before... and shortly after another 2 or 3 of my friends DeSubbed.. (Thats Craptics fault not yours)... I'm just saying at this point FUN is GOOD... Hard Core competition, when we already want to kill each other, is likely not going to go over well.
Let me know when your planning too have fun... (I hope you will by flying as well) So we can all shoot at each other... I might get ya you might get me... I'll have fun either way. lol
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
11-02-2011, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
i dont think banning extends is a good idea personally. [...] if this is a deal breaker for you then i'm not sorry.
Have fun. /10char
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
11-02-2011, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
This is my point... man your not our organizer. Drop the I am organizing so I am not playing crap... get in your escort and say I WILL be on Saturday November 11th... 1pm Central Standard... I would love if we could all jump in our escorts and go at it with out any of the BS skills and have some fun.

1) We don't need a score keeper to have fun.

2) I doubt your idea of fun is Organizing Spread Sheets (If it really is perhaps you should develop the Spreadsheet wars MMO... it could be the ultimate Game for accountants, and hey those guys have deep pockets... your CStore can feature vanity pocket protectors and calculators)

3) If the idea really is too have fun... no one will be showing up with 5 extend shielding Fleet Escorts... because believe it or not most people are not douche bags... and if there is one douche bag and he convinces 4 other people to be douche bags with him I think they would just have to accept the hate they would get from the non-douche bags in the game.

4) I might want to shoot at you.

Seriously Mai... I am not trying to PvP with you on the forum. Your a good guy and I think you mean well. We just sort of went through this dance before... and shortly after another 2 or 3 of my friends DeSubbed.. (Thats Craptics fault not yours)... I'm just saying at this point FUN is GOOD... Hard Core competition, when we already want to kill each other, is likely not going to go over well.
Let me know when your planning too have fun... (I hope you will by flying as well) So we can all shoot at each other... I might get ya you might get me... I'll have fun either way. lol
i understand man, but an organized event needs someone to organize it, its not a matter of spread sheets and stuff, but someone has to say team 1 vrs team 2, keep the different teams from continually running into each other etc etc etc. and it looks like that not banning extends already has one guy not comming :/
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
11-02-2011, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
i understand man, but an organized event needs someone to organize it, its not a matter of spread sheets and stuff, but someone has to say team 1 vrs team 2, keep the different teams from continually running into each other etc etc etc. and it looks like that not banning extends already has one guy not comming :/
I understand as well... if you want to run a one day turny with team 1 vs team 2... go for it. I really don't mean this to sound bad, but with everything going on (or not going on) in the game, and the past experience people had with one day fun days... I don't think your going to get enough people to have 4 or 5 teams. Really a one day competition with only 2 teams isn't really going to work. (I could be wrong and perhaps 30 people are down for this, and then so be it)

Right now everyone is on edge and would just as soon yell at each other, then report wins and looses to the overmind. So why not drop the idea of team 1 vs team 2... and just say lets all get together for an afternoon of Escort battles. We don't need set teams... we don't need, rounds... we don't need BS. I would gladly jump in an escort for the afternoon (Hell I can pretty much always be found in one anyway) and shoot at people... I would accept challenges... I would jump in and be a 4th or 5th man for a team that needs... point is we can have an afternoon that really honest too god is fun... if we drop the "TEAM 1 WINS!!!" Stuff... frankly I think where all done with it for now.

If 4 months from now this game is still alive PvP wise and guys like heretic have made organized PvP fun again with less of... you can't bring X Y or Z or combos of X with option B from the team selection wheel... sorta stuff. Then hey perhaps that would be the time to say let... me get a spreedsheet going... and everyone needs to name a Captain... bla bla bla.

Just trying to break it nicely... NO one in my estimation anyway (I could be wrong), is wanting to have some competitive mini turny. Agreeing too all show up in OPvP one afternoon, everyone rocking escorts... wanting to get a fight club going... now that perhaps could be a lot of fun. However Fight club needs a few rules... and I think Everyone fights should be rule one. ;0 lol
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
11-02-2011, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
I understand as well... if you want to run a one day turny with team 1 vs team 2... go for it. I really don't mean this to sound bad, but with everything going on (or not going on) in the game, and the past experience people had with one day fun days... I don't think your going to get enough people to have 4 or 5 teams. Really a one day competition with only 2 teams isn't really going to work. (I could be wrong and perhaps 30 people are down for this, and then so be it)

Right now everyone is on edge and would just as soon yell at each other, then report wins and looses to the overmind. So why not drop the idea of team 1 vs team 2... and just say lets all get together for an afternoon of Escort battles. We don't need set teams... we don't need, rounds... we don't need BS. I would gladly jump in an escort for the afternoon (Hell I can pretty much always be found in one anyway) and shoot at people... I would accept challenges... I would jump in and be a 4th or 5th man for a team that needs... point is we can have an afternoon that really honest too god is fun... if we drop the "TEAM 1 WINS!!!" Stuff... frankly I think where all done with it for now.

If 4 months from now this game is still alive PvP wise and guys like heretic have made organized PvP fun again with less of... you can't bring X Y or Z or combos of X with option B from the team selection wheel... sorta stuff. Then hey perhaps that would be the time to say let... me get a spreedsheet going... and everyone needs to name a Captain... bla bla bla.

Just trying to break it nicely... NO one in my estimation anyway (I could be wrong), is wanting to have some competitive mini turny. Agreeing too all show up in OPvP one afternoon, everyone rocking escorts... wanting to get a fight club going... now that perhaps could be a lot of fun. However Fight club needs a few rules... and I think Everyone fights should be rule one. ;0 lol
hmmm ill have to think on this....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
11-02-2011, 07:58 PM
PS... the more I think about it... why don't we just get 10-20 people into a big challenge match... and we can all just sit around and watch people go at it one on one. (At one time the odd Kerrat Fight club would break out for the evening and it was FUN... I remember fighting the escorts from OOV back in the day one on one for hours, back when we where all supposed to hate each other.) Honestly I think that would be better for community moral right now then pitting teams of us against each other)

Trying to organize it through OPvP can be boring for those not fighting... I don't want to watch fights on U Tubby 2 days later. I want to sit there in my escort parked and watch the show. lol
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
11-02-2011, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
PS... the more I think about it... why don't we just get 10-20 people into a big challenge match... and we can all just sit around and watch people go at it one on one. (At one time the odd Kerrat Fight club would break out for the evening and it was FUN... I remember fighting the escorts from OOV back in the day one on one for hours, back when we where all supposed to hate each other.) Honestly I think that would be better for community moral right now then pitting teams of us against each other)

Trying to organize it through OPvP can be boring for those not fighting... I don't want to watch fights on U Tubby 2 days later. I want to sit there in my escort parked and watch the show. lol
this is why there needs to be more pvp options in general :/
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:16 PM.