Lt. Commander
# 41
11-03-2011, 11:49 AM
I think a mountain is being made out of a mole hill here. The C-Store or C-points aren't a new thing, existed since the beginning. Yet, this whole thread reads like it's just being introduced. Not much will change, those of us who buy c-points will still buy c-points, those of us who don't won't. It's really that simple. What Cryptic is banking on is those of us who do buy will want something that costs dilithium, but don't want to wait 100 days to get it, and of course the non-buyers want that special ship but refuse to pay for it, here's where the economy will explode.

I'll continue to buy C-points, and I'm sure I'll have extra that I'm willing to sell, and I'll always under cut the lowest price to ensure I sell tham, and I'm sure someone will under cut me.
Lt. Commander
# 42
11-03-2011, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
...or not.

IMO This whole thing is just another version of a Madoff Ponzi Scheme...

The only people who are going to make out with this mess, is PWI & Cryptic.

There may be a few players who strike it rich..., but most folks are just going to get ripped-off.

Can't wait to see the Threads when this thing hits live... talk about rage...

I certainly don't want to see this Trek Game become a C-Point Clearing House.
Hmmmmm I've honestly look..... I cannot find any definition of f2p that contains the terms not for profit. so why would you believe that all these changes are not profit centerred?
Lt. Commander
# 43
11-03-2011, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKRider
Hmmmmm I've honestly look..... I cannot find any definition of f2p that contains the terms not for profit. so why would you believe that all these changes are not profit centerred?
I think what he's referring to is that these changes are solely for profit. No one begrudges Cryptic a decent bottom line, but when the only real content we're going to get in about a year is intended to milk players for every dime they can get to the detriment of gameplay and existing subbers, that's when people have issues with it. If you don't have problems with STO's F2P thus far, more power to you. You will undoubtedly make a better F2P player than I will.

Z
Lt. Commander
# 44
11-03-2011, 12:21 PM
I don't have a problem with Cryptic making money thats what they are here for bottom line.

What I have a problem with is them sqeezing the life out of every $TO player they can get there greedy paws on. I have bought c-points befor I'll admit that. But they are going the way wrong way with that Ship unlocks for only one charctor ya right FAIL. Char unlock for pets FAIL. Char unock for bank and inventory slots LIL FAIL. This is where they get there horns from with greedy lil grins on there face saying noobs. Well I have spent my last c-points on stupid stuff. I will not Repeat will not buy a single Cpoint pack with RL or dilithium period I will take my monthy stipend. Ya 400 cryptic points yeppy not. Another slap across the face.
Lt. Commander
# 45
11-03-2011, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus92 View Post
The C-Store or C-points aren't a new thing, existed since the beginning.
wrong good sir the c-store came in after launch, a few months after launch.

my issue is with them forcing a value on c-points that is far more favorable for cryptic than the players may want. if you set the cap at 500 then the chain will fall and you will see it go down to 490 then 480 then some turd drops a 450 and the war begins. all this is doing is making c-points have a higher value then they are really worth. remove the cap all together and see what results you get, im betting you would see a ratio in the range of 1c-point per 1000 dilithium at minimum. what there doing is saying yes you have an open player driven economy yet were gonna nudge it in a better direction so that it makes you spend more real world cash.

thankfully i have yet to buy one stupid c-point, i got some free points for taking a survey when they first released the c-store and i bought a uniform and a bridge pack. since then i have not spent any more of those free points and i will not. I have no interest in spending any of my laughable life time stipend nor will i sell it on the exchange. i will not allow cryptic to see any of my points fall into there store just so they can say the store is doing great lets raise the prices more... oh yeah and lets make every thing per character unlocks.

47 more days until TOR baby.
Lt. Commander
# 46
11-03-2011, 06:42 PM
Hey folks, please direct your feedback on this blog to the official discussion thread in the Federation News Network.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Closed Thread