Lt. Commander
# 21
11-03-2011, 06:34 PM
2 dev blog in two days. That's really cool. And needed after the silence of the last week.

Best thing yet. The ship slot is acount wide. I was assuming it was for one single char only.

Now, despite of the very enlightening post on the blog, I still have some doubts:
  1. I levelled one character from ensign to VA. I get only the title plus ship slot, or get ship slot plus title plus dilithium plus XP Boost?
  2. A question similar to the above, but with the DOff system. Supose I got with a fresh character (not a transfered one) at diplomacy tier 3. Do I receive only the purple DOff with unique abilitie, or I receive this DOff plus the other purple plus the blue one? (I'm assuming that by "completing at least one tier 3 commendation", diplomacy is included).
  3. Does Federation and Klingon Rewards Stack? So if I get a klingon to VA, I will get two ship slots? Or the ship slots are restricted by faction? (level up one fed and get one ship slot on all feds, but not on klingon side)
  4. Will it be possible to claim the account wide itens later(ship slot and purple doff)? I mean, suppose I have two characters at the time the reward is released. I claim the ship slot for both. Then create another. Will I be able claim the ship slot on this character also? (Same question for Purple Doff)

Don't get me wrong on this. I'm not asking to be one way or another. And some questions I'm only asking to be sure (althougt some of them I really don't have a clue about).

Oh, and I didn't have heard about the tribble. I think this is the first thursday in a month where I receive good news . Now, it wouldd be cool to receive any update about the VA ship token, dilithium on crafting and the abusive c-store prices (sorry about this. But these things are really bothering and I will be an annoying guy until I hear good thing about these)
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-03-2011, 06:43 PM
I am just wracking my brain trying to figure out what "Higher End Klingon game play" is supposed to refer at...

I really don't see it. Beyond the missions (and bugs) that already existed on Holodeck, the KDF Academy, some lower tier ships (which' release was timed very poorly) and the Marauding assignments, there's nothing new that's uniquely KDF in there, is there? Certainly nothing that qualifies as high end, I'd have thought... unless, and I dread saying this, Cryptic's lowered the bar somewhat dramatically? All that would qualify would be the STFs, and I don't see it making much of a difference, whether it's a Klingon or a Fed testing them.

So... just make a list, okay? Tell me what exactly you need tested and II'll see what I can do... but after levelling a Gorn to 51 so recently, I can't say I have been very keen on repeating the same missions on the Orion I had to create just to try out a lower tier ship or two.

(It got to level 45 so far on mostly Doff assignments. That patrol cruiser looks very nice and all, but it has fired hardly any shots in anger so far... And when you guys cut the effectiveness of longterm missions, the rate of leveling actually picked up cause now I've been collecting about 1/3rd of the usual XP in give or take 1/10th of the time it took before. So first you cut the XP so people don't level through the doff system... and then you encourage them to do the short-term assignments, turning your past efforts basically into a waste of time. Worse yet, juggling doff assignments on multiple characters now effectively leaves you without time to do anything else. If you take 15 minutes for each character, with 30 to 45 minutes toward assignments completing, you can juggle 2 or 3. I much preferred the assign and forget approach of the longterm ones tha have been made basically worthless now. I do hope no one spent too much time groaning at a calculator on that one.)
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-03-2011, 06:55 PM
There's...still not a whole lot to test for the KDF. If you want KDF testers, put something on there to test.

Same missions as the holodeck, and most of them are the tweaked Featured Episodes that everyone played already on their Fed chars.

The DOFF system isn't getting quite the same attention as Fed (Suprise, suprise), with several areas simply not hooked up to give missions (Q'onoS, Rura Penthe, etc).

Players are limted to testing one or two of the new ships, since they all require Cpoints, rather than being added to flesh out the faction as the community's asked for since launch.

Crafting's still broke.

No changes to PvP to test, except the Pay-to-win ships and consoles.

The incentive for cluster grinding is gone (Badge rewards, or the new Dilithium equivilent), and Clusters are the same as Holodeck anyway

So, again I ask...why do you need KDF testers, when there's nothing for them to test?
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-03-2011, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitain Wilhelm
2 dev blog in two days. That's really cool. And needed after the silence of the last week.

Best thing yet. The ship slot is acount wide. I was assuming it was for one single char only.

Now, despite of the very enlightening post on the blog, I still have some doubts:
  1. I levelled one character from ensign to VA. I get only the title plus ship slot, or get ship slot plus title plus dilithium plus XP Boost?
  2. A question similar to the above, but with the DOff system. Supose I got with a fresh character (not a transfered one) at diplomacy tier 3. Do I receive only the purple DOff with unique abilitie, or I receive this DOff plus the other purple plus the blue one? (I'm assuming that by "completing at least one tier 3 commendation", diplomacy is included).
  3. Does Federation and Klingon Rewards Stack? So if I get a klingon to VA, I will get two ship slots? Or the ship slots are restricted by faction? (level up one fed and get one ship slot on all feds, but not on klingon side)
  4. Will it be possible to claim the account wide itens later(ship slot and purple doff)? I mean, suppose I have two characters at the time the reward is released. I claim the ship slot for both. Then create another. Will I be able claim the ship slot on this character also? (Same question for Purple Doff)

Don't get me wrong on this. I'm not asking to be one way or another. And some questions I'm only asking to be sure (althougt some of them I really don't have a clue about).

Oh, and I didn't have heard about the tribble. I think this is the first thursday in a month where I receive good news . Now, it wouldd be cool to receive any update about the VA ship token, dilithium on crafting and the abusive c-store prices (sorry about this. But these things are really bothering and I will be an annoying guy until I hear good thing about these)
I believe it's been said that the rewards are cumulative, but it can't hurt to clarify again.

Anything described as "account-wide" applies to later created characters, since it's tied to the title/accolade, same as the ship-slot and other rewards that're unlocked for the Veteran's rewards.
Lt. Commander
# 25 Deadline
11-03-2011, 07:18 PM
A deadline needs to be posted
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-03-2011, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
We've upped the limit on character transfers to our test server, Tribble, and put out a call to arms for the Klingon Defense Force in today's entry on the Path to F2P.

Link to the Article
Will the Doffs be rewarded include if we transfer a character from Holodeck and they have their diplomacy already maxed out and they start with tier 3 commedation on tribble?
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
I'm very glad you've upped the Tribble Transfer Limit, now I can see just how much buying power I lose when you update them to the Dilithium Economy and use Conversion rates designed to screw me over.

I'm so excited to finally be able to test out the upper-level KDF-exclusive content that doesn't exist rather than the Faction-Neutral Content I've already done dozens and dozens of times.

I cannot express how happy I am that you're giving me a 'pebble' of refined Dilithum large enough to almost buy four Admiral/General level Ship Weapons from the Dilithium Vendor, knowing that hours and hours of my game time doing your QA work for you is worth so little to you truly warms my little heart.

I am nearly euphoric about the way it's apparently absolutely necessary for you to put a bullet in the brain-pan of Fleet Crafting, in spite of the dozens of recommendations in P2F2P DB #14, STO Discussion, General Content Feedback, Tribble Economy Feedback, and nearly every other feedback route that include links to the Dilithium Economy and paths to the C-Store preserving your oh-so-important monetizing of every possible activity in the game.
*pushes his personal Goddess of Empathy off the bridge and into a cargo bay*

Katic does have some good points, if any devs are listening...

I would honestly test a KDF character if I thought it was worth it (i.e. I'd get something out of it for my time in doing so). Sadly, I don't think there's enough for Klingons to do today on Holodeck to do that same amount of nothing on Tribble.

I'm also not at all convinced that I'm going to get the DOFF bonuses just for leveling up 4 ranks with DippyXP, vs. still not getting beyond Rank 1 in a few categories for the other DOFF tracks, esp. after the DXP changes; I really can't log in every hour to cycle short term DOFFing vs. the long term mishs...Daddy has to pay the rent and other bills to keep the lights and Internet on to log in to grind for Dil & DOFFs in the first place.

I think if more KDF players are needed, more of a gagh-on-a-stick bonus would be a good idea...of course, if you gave people a higher reward for power-levelling a Klingon, there'd be an outcry about that, but it might get you more data.
That, or auto-levelling up some existing Klingons to get them to end game content...but people have groused about the Minions of Gozer early on when Tribble testing first started.

Today is not a good day to die (as a Klingon on Tribble); tomorrow may be booked too.
Lt. Commander
# 28
11-03-2011, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
Maybe because there's nothing to do? even less than there is on the Fed side at high end? Or maybe its the completely blatant lack of content thats so bad that even with the increased EXP right now and starting at Commander you can't get to endgame without grinding and replaying missions?
Toss in that they want to slow the progression rate. Does that not mean that we will have to grind without KDF content that much more?

And I thought the bunk in my quarters on my BoP was hard.
Lt. Commander
# 29 uh oh...
11-03-2011, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
I'm very glad you've upped the Tribble Transfer Limit, now I can see just how much buying power I lose when you update them to the Dilithium Economy and use Conversion rates designed to screw me over.

I'm so excited to finally be able to test out the upper-level KDF-exclusive content that doesn't exist rather than the Faction-Neutral Content I've already done dozens and dozens of times.

I cannot express how happy I am that you're giving me a 'pebble' of refined Dilithum large enough to almost buy four Admiral/General level Ship Weapons from the Dilithium Vendor, knowing that hours and hours of my game time doing your QA work for you is worth so little to you truly warms my little heart.

I am nearly euphoric about the way it's apparently absolutely necessary for you to put a bullet in the brain-pan of Fleet Crafting, in spite of the dozens of recommendations in P2F2P DB #14, STO Discussion, General Content Feedback, Tribble Economy Feedback, and nearly every other feedback route that include links to the Dilithium Economy and paths to the C-Store preserving your oh-so-important monetizing of every possible activity in the game.
Looks like someone has a case of the Mondays!
Lt. Commander
# 30
11-03-2011, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reave View Post
I am just wracking my brain trying to figure out what "Higher End Klingon game play" is supposed to refer at...
My guess would be they mean playing the "new" STFs using a klingon character. Calling it "Higher end klingon content" probably is easier than saying "we need more people to test the STFs on the klingon side" :p