Lt. Commander
# 11
11-03-2011, 08:45 PM
Logan has a desk, maybe we should petition to get him a comfortable executive chair with arms and a cup holder?
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-03-2011, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
Actually, our cubes are pretty nice. Even have doors.
Did you know that minimum-security prison cells are often bigger and more comfortable than the average middle-management and technical services offices and cubicles? And that minimum-security prisoners often have TV with Cable, indoor Gyms, and, in general, more freedom than someone working in a Corporate office for anything over eight hours a day?

That little nugget is going to infest your every moment sitting in your cell at work from now on.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-03-2011, 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
Actually, our cubes are pretty nice. Even have doors.
I'm familiar with the corporate inner workings... First you have your cubicles with the doors, then they remove the doors saying that you will look more approachable. Then you will see a person with measuring tape that will tell say you have too much space. The person with measuring tape will come with his/her crew dismantling your cubicle. After this these same people will stick all your colleagues into a shoebox until they remodel for downsizing. When you all crawl out of your shoebox you will have to all interlink your elbows to fit into your seats. The shoebox is what they put you in so when you are elbow to elbow that you can say at least we are no longer inside a shoebox.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-03-2011, 11:17 PM
I'll be his minion..
and personal cheering section!
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-04-2011, 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
Did you know that minimum-security prison cells are often bigger and more comfortable than the average middle-management and technical services offices and cubicles? And that minimum-security prisoners often have TV with Cable, indoor Gyms, and, in general, more freedom than someone working in a Corporate office for anything over eight hours a day?

That little nugget is going to infest your every moment sitting in your cell at work from now on.
Yes...But on the other hand....The Cubical Dwellers don't get locked up in that cage at night...aren't subject to random violating searches, and they get to leave the facility at night...as long as they aren't working overtime.

Can't count "conjugal visits" because well...I don't really need to explain why not, do I? heheh
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-04-2011, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sural_Argonus
Yes...But on the other hand....The Cubical Dwellers don't get locked up in that cage at night...aren't subject to random violating searches, and they get to leave the facility at night...as long as they aren't working overtime.

Can't count "conjugal visits" because well...I don't really need to explain why not, do I? heheh
Man, workplaces would be so much better if you got conjugal visits....

ahem, I mean.....

Seriously though. I feel sorry for the guy who developed the cubical concept. He develops a team and devots huge amounts of time and resources into researching and developing a better system for office enviornments, and creates a system that provides for better office community interaction, affords more personalization, greater customization, greatly increased adaptation, removes the old feelings of being cramped and confined, and generally creates a better office enviornment; then most businesses take that and turn it into the modern much derided cubicle farm.

Alas, poor fellow.

Not that I am saying Cryptic has a sterile and stifling cubicle farm, I am sure they use cubicles properly I have just never seen their offices....

Maybe they should offer a tour so we can all be assured that they aren't running a soul crushing corporate monstrosity...
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-04-2011, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sural_Argonus

Minimum Security Prisons are actually much more like a job than you might imagine, the only time they must stay in their cells is the 8 hours after lights, kind of like the 8 hours you spend in a cubicle..

The rest of the time they're free to roam about the common areas. The key word here is Minimum Security.

Gotta love The Learning Channel.
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-04-2011, 08:11 AM
You guys do realise that by cube they mean BORG cubes!!!! Then again all those drones would get annoying...doing all their drone stuff....around your alcove....for no good reason....the workplace it the same everywhere isn't it.
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-04-2011, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
Minimum Security Prisons are actually much more like a job than you might imagine, the only time they must stay in their cells is the 8 hours after lights, kind of like the 8 hours you spend in a cubicle..

The rest of the time they're free to roam about the common areas. The key word here is Minimum Security.

Gotta love The Learning Channel.

Depends...Some facilities offer more privileges to inmates then others....All depends on the class of people put in there...the richer they are, the more privileges they get.

Some Min Sec prisons really don't even have any actual fences. the "inmates" sign an agreement that they won't walk off the property...They can do basically whatever they want...whenever they want. But even they are watched 24/7....At least in the Cubical World...most places let you have privacy when you have to go pee.
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-05-2011, 02:07 PM
How about a regenitive alcove so captian logan dosnt waste time on sleeping at all

BTW: Capt i have loved every ship you have done, except for the Vulcan lawn dart......