Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
11-04-2011, 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Well, thats not true. SOME people definitely will, but I dont think the majority will. However this is the very reason I think they need to abolish the dailies altogether and just have every mission grant DL. If you can only refine 8k per day then people should be able to earn it they way they enjoy the most.
Amen. Since you already limit the amount of "emblems" we can get why not let us earn it the way we want?


Quote:
Originally Posted by reon View Post
I remember reading the same thing when TBC came out for WoW but I'm pretty sure 90%+ of the population still went out to The Isle to do dailies and grind every single day.
I REALLY doubt that number. But still, WoW has/had a daily quest cap of 25 and a lot more possible dailies than that. Technically you didn't have to do the same things over and over.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
11-04-2011, 03:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Well, thats not true. SOME people definitely will, but I dont think the majority will. However this is the very reason I think they need to abolish the dailies altogether and just have every mission grant DL. If you can only refine 8k per day then people should be able to earn it they way they enjoy the most.
Exactly. This is what I want. They just need a way to actually measure time invested instead of just measuring by "dailies". It can't be so hard to determine average play-through time and actuall play-through time for missions, and give a reward based on that?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
11-04-2011, 06:24 AM
Auto refining was the most important issue the entire system created, hands down. I've posted to death on the reasons why, so I won't repeat walls of text. Suffice it to say that long term the game would have been ripped apart by the gaming populace if there was no way around it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
11-04-2011, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philoso_Raptor
What non daily dillithium rewarding activities are there? How is somsone going to earn a pile of excess ore that they cant refine in one day? The only non daily I can think if is the Doff missions, but they award a very small amount and only the few missions you had going when you left would actually finish while you werent there for a few days. At most that would earn you a couple hundred dillithium.
At the moment it might be tricky to get more than the cap in Dilithium Ore, but we're not seeing the whole picture. There will be more and more sources of Dilithium added all the time. This is to help those of us who can play for a long time at the weekend, but don't have the time to log in during the week.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
11-04-2011, 06:33 AM
You can make an absolute killing in the events if you get on at the right times. I can do three fed mirror events in the space of the hour they're up, and end up with about 4500 dilihium.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
11-04-2011, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel


I REALLY doubt that number. But still, WoW has/had a daily quest cap of 25 and a lot more possible dailies than that. Technically you didn't have to do the same things over and over.
I was refering to when the daily system was first introduced and the cap was raise from 15 to 25 with the Isle, and the Isle was the first center location people could go to knock all of them out in one area. Certainly now, gold rewards are everywhere (expect PvP ><) that you really dont have to do dailies to maintain 3,000 gold. Also, w/ the Isle in TBC, the entire server had to unlock things (similar to the AQ Event) and I was just using WoWRealms data from Spirestone that showed 89.9% of activity during the Isle's opening through Phase 2 with the opening of the Alchamey Lab, certainly after all the perks were unlocked, I'm sure alot of the heavy raiders stopped working on them. I'm not sure if the world PvP'ers even bothered to pick up the quests...

I'm using this as an example with Star Trek Online, because this is basically the same issue. Dilithium is being added to a small area, ie Exploration Dailies, that require people's active attention. Now over time (sooner better than later IMO) they should certainly open up more areas and apply the Dilithium Daily Reward to more things, it will just take time.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
11-04-2011, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr1983 View Post
You can make an absolute killing in the events if you get on at the right times. I can do three fed mirror events in the space of the hour they're up, and end up with about 4500 dilihium.
Which is what this is all about. People want to play on their own terms.


Quote:
Originally Posted by reon View Post
I was refering to when the daily system was first introduced and the cap was raise from 15 to 25 with the Isle, and the Isle was the first center location people could go to knock all of them out in one area.
I know. I was playing at the time.

But it was still a high level zone and as we know from various comments from various games most people are nowhere near the level cap. When they first talked about the borg ground zone I immediately thought of Isle of QQ.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
11-04-2011, 07:58 AM
The auto-refining is not just cool, but critical for people who can't log on every day. Consider that if you can only log on every other day, your effective refining rate was only 4000 - basically a week for a single high level weapon!

Plus, now there is a real incentive to subscribe.

I'm glad to see they picked up on this idea that was floated on Stoked.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:18 AM.