Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
11-04-2011, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelus
I agree that teamwork should be rewarded however in this case teamwork is part of the issue. This is because of the speed of the attack.

Example: You have 2 BoPs decloak and focus fire. One of them uses photonic shockwave immediately after decloaking. Unless you screw it up you're guaranteed a kill almost every time because the victim is dead before they or their teammates can respond.
It's called being aware of your surroundings and quick reaction times. It's not hard to retarget a teammate and give him a tac team / tss / extend. If you've seen the veteran pvp cruiser captains who actually know how to support and sustain fire, then you'll have a hard time alpha striking his teammate.

Yes, this goes for both pug play and team play.

I'm guessing you fly fed most of the time? There's a lot of zombie cruisers out there that only care about themselves. They don't know how to function in group play.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
11-04-2011, 07:45 AM
I haven't seen any voice comm ingame but that doesn't mean there isn't one. It could be buried somewhere. I've never heard anyone promote it ingame though.

Also Ramone when you say the alpha is doomed do you mean the attacker of the target?

Because I almost never die in my BoP unless I get careless. Whenever I alpha strike it's obvious within a few seconds if it's successful. If it's not I simply use polorize hull, evasive manuever, and engage battle cloak. Then I circle around and repeat.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
11-04-2011, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelus
Also Ramone when you say the alpha is doomed do you mean the attacker of the target?

Because I almost never die in my BoP unless I get careless. Whenever I alpha strike it's obvious within a few seconds if it's successful. If it's not I simply use polorize hull, evasive manuever, and engage battle cloak. Then I circle around and repeat.
H.Ramone is one of the pilots in RE, and they often field a defensive setup that's annoying to break in pvp. It's a battle of attrition against them, and they will tractor / shockwave / cpb / FOMM & beta you as you cloak up.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
11-04-2011, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelus
I haven't seen any voice comm ingame but that doesn't mean there isn't one. It could be buried somewhere. I've never heard anyone promote it ingame though.

Also Ramone when you say the alpha is doomed do you mean the attacker of the target?

Because I almost never die in my BoP unless I get careless. Whenever I alpha strike it's obvious within a few seconds if it's successful. If it's not I simply use polorize hull, evasive manuever, and engage battle cloak. Then I circle around and repeat.
tac team = failed alpha (well, maybe not failed alpha but you don't insta kill him) ..

edit: or omega + evasive, good team support through ext. shields + tss + hull heal. although that's nearly impossible in a pug because most puggers don't heal team mates
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
11-04-2011, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx4th View Post
It's called being aware of your surroundings and quick reaction times. It's not hard to retarget a teammate and give him a tac team / tss / extend. If you've seen the veteran pvp cruiser captains who actually know how to support and sustain fire, then you'll have a hard time alpha striking his teammate.

Yes, this goes for both pug play and team play.

I'm guessing you fly fed most of the time? There's a lot of zombie cruisers out there that only care about themselves. They don't know how to function in group play.
My main is KDF Sci flying a carrier. I also play a KDF Tac captain flying a BoP, and a FED Engie flying a dreadnought. I tend to split time between my KDF Tac and the FED Engie. I find the KDF Sci carrier setup too easy so I haven't been playing it lately because when I do I feel guilty.

I've repeatedly used the alpha strike/photonic shockwave tactic with my BoP and seen how effective it is. It's an I-Win if you use it right especially in coordination with another player. Generally targets are dead before they are anyone near them can react. Sure, if you're an good healer with lightning fast reflexes you can sometimes keep your teammate alive but in my experience most people can't or don't.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
11-04-2011, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelus
... but in my experience most people can't or don't.
then they should get better
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
11-04-2011, 08:11 AM
If Fed Tac Escorts could use this ability I think you'd feel very differently.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
11-04-2011, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelus
Sure, if you're an good healer with lightning fast reflexes you can sometimes keep your teammate alive but in my experience most people can't or don't.
You haven't flown against good feds have you?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
11-04-2011, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelus
If Fed Tac Escorts could use this ability I think you'd feel very differently.
actually the mvam can.

and i know what i'm talking from .. while i'm normally flying a fed escort i do have a tac bop .. so i've seen it from both sides.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
11-04-2011, 08:17 AM
MVAE can run shockwave I but granted its not as good as running shockwave III on a BOP.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:06 AM.