Lt. Commander
# 1 Various bugs
10-02-2011, 03:26 PM
Here are some bugs I've been noticing:

1. My mail indicator keeps blinking even though I have no new mail (this is a persistent problem.)

2. I didn't get my promised level appropriate item a while ago for exploring the Aruchanis Arm. I did, however, get it for Delta Volanis last night.

3. When I was in the Sirius Sector Deep Space Encounters just a few minutes ago, my shield indicators on my HUD kept going blank. I knew my shields were up, but the indicators weren't there showing me strengths, it looked like the shields were down. The first time, it was starboard and aft. I changed instances and it was fore. I changed instances again and it was fore and starboard.

4. I keep getting an annoying *beep* after I transfer maps that sounds like I'm opening a window but I'm not. It happens every time about 30 seconds to a minute after the map transfer, long after my HUD has loaded, so it can't be related to that.

This isn't a bug but a nitpick: Why can't we skip through storyline missions anymore? I know the "new approach" to missions is intended to promote a more storyline driven game play, but some of us don't like that. Some of us like to pick and choose our missions and maybe leave some of the storyline missions that are more difficult for later (when we have higher rank and better ships.) The old system allowed this, the new one doesn't. Why? What was wrong with the old system? Don't tell me it was confusing, because it wasn't.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-03-2011, 12:13 AM
I figured out what causes #4, it's the "New Mail" beep for the mail that I don't have. So, fix the 1st bug and it will fix that one.
Lt. Commander
# 3 Various other bugs
11-05-2011, 02:59 PM
Last night my Klingon character kept landing on the roof of the Klingon Academy when I warped in. It took about half a dozen tries to get into the Academy.

Today, I had threeTribble Klingon Duty Officers go AWOL. I had two that I'd gotten from mission rewards and five that I bought at the C-Store. When I tried to put them on my roster, only four of them transferred. The other three just disappeared.

I REALLY wish that we could simply report these bugs in the normal way, rather than having to spend an hour going through the Bug Forum looking for a related thread to report them on. Even then, I can't really belive that staff is taking the time to read these reports. There are now sixty-seven pages of them and no indication that they are accomplishing anything.