Lt. Commander
# 1 Just a thought on retrofits.
11-06-2011, 01:53 PM
I was going through the available ships today, in game and C Store, and a thought hit me. Why do we only get three retrofit class ships? Why not give us the ability to retrofit out own ship? Here's my idea. Instead of having a galaxy, intrepid, and defiant as the only top three end game ships for feds, why not allow us to pick one of the ships we already own, and retrofit it. Give us a list of powers, abilities, stats, ect ect, and let us choose what how we load out our ship. I know that Cryptic wants to stay close to canon, but this takes place forty years from what we all know back in nemesis. Surely, by then, star fleet has been able to incorporate ablative armor into other ships, as well as cloaking. Why not have a sovereign use ablative? Or the nova have cloaking? Im sure there's would need to be a lot of work thrown into this, but i think it would let the players who are given this choice the feeling that 'Hey, this is MY ship.' Not one that's just there on a list that we need to choose. Personally, I think it would be great to see a Nova with the ablative armor ability. It would add more spice to the game. Any thoughts or feed back?
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-06-2011, 03:10 PM
well this is basicly due to lack of art support at the moment.

Thats why the retrofit powers being consoles does not make sense at the moment, as they only work on the ship they come on.

In the future however, you never know if they'll get around to making these powers work on other ships.