Lt. Commander
# 11
11-06-2011, 03:49 PM
With the civil discussion going on, and the lack of a dedicated thread, I thought I'd drop my two cents here.

I haven't had a lot of time to play with the numbers, I just respec'd my main (transferred previously from Holodeck) just to get a rough idea.

Without reposting all the numbers I have, I discovered that for the most part my numbers have gone up. Science team, engineering team, aux to SIF, and EPtS all showed increased values, as well as increased hull and shields. Hazard emitters (which is my favorite/primary heal) is showing decreased numbers. Power levels are all higher except for aux (which went down by only a couple, but still). I'm sure I could tweak skills to get more in line with what I want.

I run with a Eng in a Science Vessel, and for the most part it continues to work, though I am seriously considering a cruiser to get more Engy consoles. For me, the biggest thing about this is that it amplifies the weirdness of Hazard Emitters being a science power instead of an engineering power. Stuff that buffs my other heals doesnt affect Hazard Emitters.

I like the simplification. I'm concerned about skill point cost increase (might be too much) and which powers are what tiers. But overall, I think it's a step in the right direction.