Lt. Commander
Whenever I have beam into a ground map playing on advance difficulty while exploring space, it seems on some maps the NPC's are impossible to beat.

Suspecting maybe it was due to bad player combat skills, I held the missions and came back as a high rank character with better equipment and same result as before. The enemy units killed all my away team in one or two shots. Sometimes they would kill all five members of the away team with one hit.

How should we file the bug reports for these maps?

How do we know if it is a system error or player error?

Thank you
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-06-2011, 07:43 PM
What kind of weapons were they using? Races that use dual pistol spam, full auto rifles and, to a lesser extent, blast assaults can blow you away in the manner you describe on advanced and elite.

I think everyone knows about the dual pistol issue that's been with us for a long time (was supposedly fixed in some patch ages ago) and wasn't helped with the crossfire nerf to health and shields. The best defense against such things are lots of turrets, generators, drones, security teams, damage debuffs like dampening field and supressing fire.

Set up your stuff, set rally points for your boffs behind your little base (chroniton mine barriers may help too) then pull the group yourself with a sniper shot from 45m then...... run away! Let your toys absorb the mob alpha.

If none of that works, then perhaps there is an issue somewhere.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-06-2011, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BitterScotsman View Post
What kind of weapons were they using? Races that use dual pistol spam, full auto rifles and, to a lesser extent, blast assaults can blow you away in the manner you describe on advanced and elite.
The best defense against those is excessive use of mines. 4 layers of mine barrier 3 will kill anyone except the 3-4 bar minibosses. What I'm having most problems with is some of the 4 bar final bosses, especially Remans though a Hirogen Alpha can sometimes be a real pain in the behind too. Also abusing Cover Shields and their stupid AI usually helps.