Lt. Commander
# 121
11-06-2011, 03:47 PM
---EDITED---

Sorry, didn't realize I posted this here as well... Guess I must have been asleep.
Lt. Commander
# 122
11-07-2011, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Orig_Jean_Luc_Picard
I have 2 questions...

Does this mean we just need to unlock tier 3, or complete it and unlock tier 4? Does the diplomatic tier count for this?
the diplomatic tier counts, yes.
Lt. Commander
# 123 Sad.
11-08-2011, 06:28 AM
It wasen't until I read the #19 blog to see that Cryptic was shafting existing players that reach 600 days that I bothered to make a forum post. I like Star Trek, thats why i'm here. If I wanted to play an MMO for the sake of the MMO I sure as hell wouldn't have picked this one. Cryptic have made it clear that KDF Tribble testing is going slowly, give us some content and we will test it, don't repackage existing STFs, chop them up into smaler peices and make us do them 20-30 times before we can get any gear our of it, because thats not "brag-worthy", that "stupidity".

I orginally was going to post a question here asking if we needed to make a new toon on Tribble to be elegable for the doff rewards, but after reading 7 pages of loyal gamers saying/asking the same thing as I was thinking for the last few months, I really can't be bothered to find out anymore.

Fact is Cryptic - If you want players to stay and play your game - make it worthwhile and don't insult us.

Anyone fancy some The Old Republic?
Lt. Commander
# 124
11-08-2011, 09:43 AM
Not sure if this has been asked already but will one character be able to claim both dilithium rewards?
Lt. Commander
# 125
11-09-2011, 05:22 AM
I know the rewards aren't being distributed til the build goes to holodeck, but does that mean I still have time to level my character? I only had time to level him up to 31 a couple of weeks ago.
Lt. Commander
I am seriuosly wondering if this post will be ever be of consequence. Consequence to the game, to Cryptic or to the community. My hopes for the latter are at least existent. I took the time to read every single post this thread. NOWHERE is a post of a Cryptic member to find.

There is a link to the forum in the blog. So Cryptic expects at least someone to go to the forum and give his feedback. And then - it feels like posting and noone cares.

I am with the game from day 1 on. I am with Star Trek since my early childhood. I was happy to have the illusion, that there was a company, willing to design a game not only for profit (what is totally legitimate for me, since every human needs a job and needs to be paid for it) but as a tribut to all Star Trek fans out there. I felt, I was in good hands. My hopes where high and I sponsored Cryptic with buying a lifetime membership without even testing the game! Insane, I know - but dedicated to give that game a chance to survive against all those other MMO's on the market which have been around for so many years. I played the game, but I didn't rushed trhough it. I loved the story missions, cause they gave me the feeling to be a "real" part of Star Trek. They have been creative, motivating and thrilling. The game grew over the years and lots of changes and modifications came along with it. Mostly good ones. Some you had to get used to it. But everything felt like it will be the best possible in the long term. I experienced all of it as a Federation Captain, I started a Klingon only recently and I do understand everyone who is discouraged of playing a Klingon. It defenitly bores you to death if you have to do repeated mission all the way to General. It is not playing it is leveling. And then what?

I was afraid to hear that STO goes F2P. Cause F2P is often considered as the point of death of an MMO, cause not enough people don't want to pay for it anymore and the community would die otherwise. That it can be a different model of doing business I have learned in the past month. And I was hoping again. But seriously, I read that Cryptic did it cause they wan't us old community players to have more people to play with. That sound logical - but - what do we play with them? Repeating all those old missions where we are hopelessly overequiped and are spoiling the challenge for every new player? And then doing what? Repeating missions, STF's, PvP, PvE again and again? I don't think this will work for long. When you are paying for a game - you often log in cause you think otherwise it would be a waste of money. And then you suddenly start to have fun playing those magnificent featured episodes and you hardly can wait for the continuation next week. I hoped for cryptic to bring in more "real" content. The DOFF for season 4 was great, and I was again disappointed when it was not live by then. I do not want to blame Cryptic for what they have done or not done. They heared (or read) that often enough. But I wanted to tell you that I am sad. Frightened and worried. Sad to realize that your primary agenda may not be to make us player happy. Frightened of STO to be a dying game. And worried to have spent a huge amount of money and time and beeing rewared 0 know for it. Compared to someone new to the game who is F2P.
Thats how I feel. I hope, someone out there cares.
Lt. Commander
# 127
11-13-2011, 11:04 PM
Do I need to earn the unique duty officer rewards on ONE character to unlock them for BOTH Federation and Klingon characters, or do I have to earn them separately per faction?
Lt. Commander
# 128
11-14-2011, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklinaar
Do I need to earn the unique duty officer rewards on ONE character to unlock them for BOTH Federation and Klingon characters, or do I have to earn them separately per faction?
You need to unlock them on each Faction.
Lt. Commander
# 129
11-14-2011, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Lord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklinaar
You need to unlock them on each Faction.
Where do you get that info Phoenix? The way I've read the dev posts/blogs, there's only a single set of DOff rewards and you only have to reach T3 on any one character to unlock the DOff rewards for all your toons:

Quote:
Duty Officer Rewards
One unique blue quality Duty Officer for completing at least one tier 1 commendation in the Duty Officer system. This is a unique, bound item that can be claimed on every character on the account.

One unique purple quality Duty Officer for completing at least one tier 2 commendation in the Duty Officer system. This is a unique, bound item that can be claimed on every character on the account.

One unique purple quality Duty Officer with a unique ability not available anywhere else in the game for completing at least one tier 3 commendation in the Duty Officer system. This is a unique, bound item that can be claimed on every character on the account.
Lt. Commander
# 130
11-22-2011, 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
Where do you get that info Phoenix? The way I've read the dev posts/blogs, there's only a single set of DOff rewards and you only have to reach T3 on any one character to unlock the DOff rewards for all your toons:
I have a question on that matter as well:

I'm in the unfortunate circumstance that I chose to go with Military to rank up to Tier 3, as it was the commendation category I had the most points in. However, ever since the chances for getting particular assignments has been redistributed, I now find I have trouble getting enough assignments to fill even just half of my roster. In retrospect, I would have been better off taking Trade or Science or even Exploration to get Tier 3 in, I would probably already have reached it, as these are given much more frequently, plus the CXP for it is rewarded in the Tour the Galaxy event.

Will this be taken into consideration when rewards are handed out? Meaning, if players fail to get to the 50k CXP mark because the Tier they are ranking up in doesn't get offered enough to do so, will they still get some lenience and earn the rewards anyway? They did, after all, test your content and spent time trying to get these assignments.

I already posted some remarks on the issue in the Tribble forum as well, but since this deals specifically with the rewards, I thought I'd ask here.