Lt. Commander
# 11
11-08-2011, 04:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Impressive... you managed to help out a user in a single post, seconds after you read it...

You might want to apply for a job at a unnamed support center.

Tbh I have worked in customers services for a very long time. I have yet to see an acceptable standard from any game. Blizzard even lacks at times and their team is immense.

However, I am always happy to help if I can. The added bonus is that you get a smile from me
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-08-2011, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaLion View Post
Tbh I have worked in customers services for a very long time. I have yet to see an acceptable standard from any game. Blizzard even lacks at times and their team is immense.

However, I am always happy to help if I can. The added bonus is that you get a smile from me
As have I.

Perhaps we should ask Cryptic to create some support roles for those of us who have such experience to help out other players
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-08-2011, 05:13 AM
There are "very helpful members" in this forum, marked as such. You should apply to be one of them.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-08-2011, 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaLion View Post
As the transactions will not have been completed, due to the "please try again" message and lack of email receipt, you will normally find that the transaction will effectively time out. This can take up to 5-10 working days.

Alternatively you can contact your bank/card supplier and explain this to them. They will be able to release the funds.
Once I had to wait over 3 weeks...

I'll just echo DaLion's comment. Call or visit your bank.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-08-2011, 06:17 AM
In the words of Nelson from The Simpsons...

HA HA!
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-08-2011, 06:25 AM
Just call your bank's customer service, and inform them that they are duplicate charges for a single purchase. Your bank will be able to inform you of their policies, and how to ensure those charges do not actually come out.
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-08-2011, 07:02 AM
The moral of the story is: Never spam buttons during transactions. Hope things work out for you via billing.
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-08-2011, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik
The moral of the story is: Never spam buttons during transactions. Hope things work out for you via billing.
Quote:
Kept telling me to try again later.
And NEVER trust what the page says. Same thing if you get timeouts during transactions. A friend ended up buying 3 months of STO subscription instead of 1 because the system didn't accept his credit card at first.
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-08-2011, 10:05 AM
As suggested by other community members, please contact billing support. You should even be able to reach them via live chat right now on our support site: http://www.startrekonline.com/support.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-08-2011, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik
Definately wasn't spamming the button... It said try again later for two days. So I did