Lt. Commander
# 161
11-05-2011, 04:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlBuzzard
ya know folks .. the three of us have been around for a while. We'ver trie to be as supportive as we can. Sometimes we've dissagreed ... but as a general rule we've tried to see the better part of things. IMHO this thread should be a clear cut message to someone. Not because 3 people are saying the same thing .. BUT because of the message it self.

The test server feed back is less than promissing more and more players who have toughed it out for 2 years (waiting paitently I might add) are becomming disillusioned. The business model that is being projected for the future of STO raises even more questions of serious doubt. And lastly one of the most important topics oc "content" seems to be ignored.

IMHO it would be in everyones best interest if someone inside of Cryptic or ( on the board of directors) would reorganize and restructure some priorities to gain the confidence of the player base that already exists. There is something to be said about respect for those who have and are currently the customer base who are more directly affected.
If there was a "complaint box" for STO, I'd print this out put it in an everlope and throw it in there with the envelope marked URGENT
Lt. Commander
# 162
11-05-2011, 04:55 AM
There is a Complaint Box for Cryptic. Click on the GM-Support-Ticket Link in my Signature, and Log In on that site. Follow the support links to the Game, Or Community or what ever other complaint specific you have, and submit your requests or information.
Lt. Commander
# 163
11-06-2011, 10:12 AM
Here are some of my ideas to 'add grind':

1. Charge dilithium for all Duty officers. Hey, we're going to use them to gain our whopping 50 dilithium per day. At that rate, we should charge about 500,000 dilithium per DOFF.
2. Add in DC charges not only for each ship, console, and weapon, but also every color change and paint job style, windows, doors, and seats on the ship. We'll be generous and keep the charge at 1k per window. We're going to add windows to each ship, however.
3. Give us a token for all trophies at the end of major series. Charge us dilithium to actually claim it from the trophy vendor. 25k DC seems about right. There will also be a 25k fee to place it on a hook.
4. Charge at least 100k for each skill point we earn. That'll certainly encourage leveling up.
5. Charge 10k DC every time we hear a door go 'swoosh' in game.
6. Charge 30k DC for every quest opportunity.
7. Charge DC every time someone uses the "KHAAAAANNNN!!!!" emote. We should go for at least a million DC per emote use there.
8. There should be a fee for each breath that a toon takes. Of course, the respiration animation rate will be increased from the normal 14 per minute to approximately 256. Per second.
9. Extract a departure fee of 500 billion DC for each person leaving the game. That will ensure that they never can leave, because as we all know, one of Gene Roddenberry's great ideals in Star Trek was indentured servitude.
Lt. Commander
# 164
11-06-2011, 10:49 AM
The one thing sto had that i liked that really annoyed me in previous games is that the grind felt right.
For players who play every night for 8 hours fair enough but surely a longer grind can be replaced with more end game content rather than punishing the casual player.
Lt. Commander
# 165
11-06-2011, 11:29 AM
I said it in another thread, but Cryptic should realize through how many log on as KDF more than once in a blue moon that turning this game into a major grind will be a colossal flop.
Lt. Commander
# 166
11-06-2011, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanshi View Post
I said it in another thread, but Cryptic should realize through how many log on as KDF more than once in a blue moon that turning this game into a major grind will be a colossal flop.
Well, it might even out the sides a bit... *sigh*
Lt. Commander
# 167
11-06-2011, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
Well, it might even out the sides a bit... *sigh*
Sad, but true.
Lt. Commander
# 168
11-07-2011, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
From my old deleted thread. Relevant, I think, to the discussion here. Evidently something Cryptic DIDN'T learn from the failings of Galaxies.
The primary point of difference is that SWG never went F2P nor even a hybrid model. I believe Cryptic/PW may be looking at LOTRO for the hybrid model. In a hybrid model, the MTs are strategically supposed to generate more rev than a $15/mo sub (in our case this is further compensated for by gold members getting 400cp a month, which is "worth" $5 a month). In addition, the game costs nothing up-front now (client is downloadable), and all the preorder awards are in the c-store. And unlike LOTRO (or SWG for that matter), expansion packs don't cost money (of course on the flipside it also means we've had have no content expansion except for the occasional FE). But finally, lifetimers can not really complain about F2P since your game would have paid for itself by the 600 day award (less so if you got the lifetime preorder which gave you another 3 weeks "for free") - feel free to complain about lack of content to your heart's content, but talking about "getting shafted" by an overhaul of the mechanics earns no sympathy from the cold hard reality of the industry.
Lt. Commander
# 169
11-08-2011, 11:33 AM
Crytic, you need to leave the rate of progression as it is. You did the same thing in CO just hours before you released that game by nerfing both defensive powers and the rate of advancment without providing enough content to fill in gaps resulting in major outcry from that community.

It didn't work out to well for you then did it?