Lt. Commander
# 1 Path to F2P Dev Blog #21
11-09-2011, 02:12 PM
Stephen talks about the month before F2P launches in today's entry on the Path to F2P.

Link to the Article
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-09-2011, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Stephen talks about the month before F2P launches in today's entry on the Path to F2P.

Link to the Article
Stormy and the rest of the Dev team,

Thank you. At least now we dont have to wait until 1/17 for the changes on Tribble to be live. Please tell me that with this annoucement, the DS9 FE will also be hitting Holodeck before the office F2P launches? I think that would go a long way to appease those in the community (not me btw) who feel short changed.

Matt
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-09-2011, 02:16 PM
So in about a month subbers really WILL be paying to test F2P.

The stipend is nice but I'm assuming that with the Tribble rollout to Holodeck in December that C-$tore prices will increase as well? Oh well. I can always trade them for Dilithium.

Z
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-09-2011, 02:17 PM
Wait, so the doff system will be live on holodeck in 3 weeks?
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-09-2011, 02:18 PM
Seriously? They plan to bring it to Holodeck early December? I still think there are quite a few bugs and issues that need resolved.

1. Doff System math is still messed up. There are other issues too. However, I think this system could be ready.
2. Economy. The conversion to Dilithium still seems out of balance to me.
3. Threaded Missions. All my characters are on Skirmish, which I just did not feel like playing and have gone no further even though they are admirals.
4. Crafting. Still sucks having Diltiihum involved in needing build materials.

Don't get me wrong, there is a lot of cool stuff in the F2P stuff, but there are still enough issues that December seems rushed to convert Holodeck.

Thanks,
Duncan
Lt. Commander
# 6
This is very good news guys.. keep it coming

-Cohas
Lt. Commander
# 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMiracle
Thank you. At least now we dont have to wait until 1/17 for the changes on Tribble to be live.
1-8 December!?

Good god! I thought I had until January to get my affairs squared away!

Respectfully, isn't it a bit rich to implement the F2P economy so far ahead of the actual F2P launch? I know I've asked it before, but I'll ask it again

What are we paying for? There won't be any F2P players before January, so why are we throwing our money at them before they've even arrived!
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-09-2011, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zordar View Post
So in about a month subbers really WILL be paying to test F2P.

The stipend is nice but I'm assuming that with the Tribble rollout to Holodeck in December that C-$tore prices will increase as well? Oh well. I can always trade them for Dilithium.

Z
No, subbers have already been paying to test f2p since they announced it, thuogh if you really want to be technical, they've been paying to test f2p ever since the game first came out since it was intially meant to be f2p anyways. Which would also make the constant denying that they wanted to be f2p lies, also validate everything most of us have come to learn about the c-store and the game in general.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-09-2011, 02:21 PM
How much of it is real content though?

It's still rehashes of the same STFs and FEs we've done for the past two years. And while the DOffs are nice, they're nothing more than a minigame/Pokemon in space.

What is there to keep people logging in, other than checking in every so often to check on their DOffs?
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-09-2011, 02:21 PM
That is way to soon.

The devs will need to work overtime to get all the bugs sorted out before it goes to Holodeck or else we will have a repeat of Season 2 disaster heading our way.