Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
11-09-2011, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
It's a wonderful little boost for Scis.

The reason I wanted to point out that it's a damage boost vs a -dmgres buff is because the damage boost applies to all of the targets your weapons hit. So anyone getting hit by FAW, Torp Spread, CSV, or a Dispersal Pattern (please don't) will get hit for more damage.

10 stacks for Sensor Analysis really helps Beam Overload 2 shine, almost to Beam Overload 3 levels IIRC. Coupled with APA/GDF/TacFleet, it's quite potent.
That RSV is really looking interesting now. I occasionally level in a Sci ship but never use them at VA, I might have to give one a try as they sound interesting. The last time I used one at VA I was still using EPtS as a shield heal so probably wasn't getting the most from it...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
11-09-2011, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakaishin
On an escort you can equip 2x Target Subsystem for nice effect without having to gimp your DPS.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the Target Subsystems abilities available only to upgrade beam attacks only? I was unaware that they could be applied to cannon shots. If this is correct, somebody please let me know, because if so I have some tinkerin' to do with my Prometheus Retrofit.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
11-09-2011, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentaurus_Daystrom
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the Target Subsystems abilities available only to upgrade beam attacks only? I was unaware that they could be applied to cannon shots. If this is correct, somebody please let me know, because if so I have some tinkerin' to do with my Prometheus Retrofit.
All escorts should be running a DBB to take advantage of BO. If they're not, they're retarded and making themselves out to be easy prey for the rest of us.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
11-09-2011, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentaurus_Daystrom
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the Target Subsystems abilities available only to upgrade beam attacks only? I was unaware that they could be applied to cannon shots. If this is correct, somebody please let me know, because if so I have some tinkerin' to do with my Prometheus Retrofit.
No, Target Subs are only on Beam weapons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakaishin
All escorts should be running a DBB to take advantage of BO. If they're not, they're retarded and making themselves out to be easy prey for the rest of us.
Not entirely accurate, some of the best Escort pilots in the game run with 4 DHCs or 3 DHCs and a torp.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
11-09-2011, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
No, Target Subs are only on Beam weapons.



Not entirely accurate, some of the best Escort pilots in the game run with 4 DHCs or 3 DHCs and a torp.
Some of the best also run with 1DBB, 3DHC or 1DBB, 2DHC, 1Torp.

But to each their own.

They're still 1-shot explosions for me. lol
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
11-09-2011, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakaishin
All escorts should be running a DBB to take advantage of BO. If they're not, they're retarded and making themselves out to be easy prey for the rest of us.
Wait..sacrifice a forward escort alpha strike DPS slot with a 90 degree dual beam weapon?

Are you serious? Nah, you were probably joking.

Now a rear beam array, maybe.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
11-09-2011, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakaishin
All escorts should be running a DBB to take advantage of BO. If they're not, they're retarded and making themselves out to be easy prey for the rest of us.
If you say so. I don't think others who I have taken out would agree. Man, I really want to see you in a match.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
11-09-2011, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentaurus_Daystrom
Wait..sacrifice a forward escort alpha strike DPS slot with a 90 degree dual beam weapon?

Are you serious? Nah, you were probably joking.

Now a rear beam array, maybe.
Alpha Strike would be enhanced by an 800% burst beam on a short CD.

The burst would outweigh the loss of a single DHC.

Arc means nothing on an escort, would imagine you'd know that by now.

Purely the amount of burst damage potential. DHC might have a slight advantage (and not even a great one over a DBB) in sustained DPS over a long period of time, but pales heavily in comparison to burst damage with BO.

In STO, damage over time is a non-factor and far too easy to recover from.

Burst damage however stands as the most reliable way to kill anything.

But yes, I'm obviously joking. Clearly, doing 1,000,000 damage in the span of an hour is better than 250,000 damage in ten minutes.

I wonder where my math was...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
11-09-2011, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsonoa View Post
If you say so. I don't think others who I have taken out would agree. Man, I really want to see you in a match.
I would as well, hence I ended with, "to each their own".

I know many good escort pilots who swear by BO with DBB. I know others that just want cannons and turrets. I know others still who like to mix torpedoes in there somewhere (and a variety of different types).

Hell, I know some that even like the occasional mine.

All of these pilots are actually very good at what they do.

Just preference.

My statement was in reference to MY preference. I don't see logic in sacrificing burst power over that of damage over time.

Others do.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
11-09-2011, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakaishin
Alpha Strike would be enhanced by an 800% burst beam on a short CD.

The burst would outweigh the loss of a single DHC.

Arc means nothing on an escort, would imagine you'd know that by now.

Purely the amount of burst damage potential. DHC might have a slight advantage (and not even a great one over a DBB) in sustained DPS over a long period of time, but pales heavily in comparison to burst damage with BO.

In STO, damage over time is a non-factor and far too easy to recover from.

Burst damage however stands as the most reliable way to kill anything.

But yes, I'm obviously joking. Clearly, doing 1,000,000 damage in the span of an hour is better than 250,000 damage in ten minutes.

I wonder where my math was...
That's fuzzy math at best. Who are these fictional escort captains you "know" who split their dps potential by speccing into both beams and cannons for one weapon system on cooldown? Where is this 1 mil /250k damage proof? who are these magical escort captains in this wonderland of yours?

Lotsa made up stuff. Look I know you were trying to contribute, and that’s adorable, but the rest of us here were clearing up a question about a Boff space ability—it wasn’t an invitiation for your inevitable “Me leet pvp badass anyone not do what I say is ****** soz” diatribe.

There’s a PVP forum for that.

Now that you know what context is, just run along back over into fanboi Cruiser-land, where you belong.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:24 PM.