Lt. Commander
# 1 Diplomatic Mission Rewards....
11-09-2011, 04:31 PM
This should be pretty obvious, but now that Diplomacy has been rescaled, it requires the completion of 10,000 diplomatic investigations to reach Ambassador in the current state. With the old system it only required 136 missions..... I assumed that this would have been corrected with the rescaling, but apparently it wasn't.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-09-2011, 09:02 PM
no remember they want to slow things down so probably why its so high
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-09-2011, 09:11 PM
There's a huge difference between "slowing things down" and "making things so grindy, that you would rather slit your wrists than spend the weeks doing mind numbing tasks to succeed".

They probably increased it since Diplo XP is also rewarded through the DOFF system(in greater quantities than we get actually doing missions). I would love if we had more diplo missions, though.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-09-2011, 10:30 PM
There's a post....stating that they will be scaling the Diplo rewards.....They seem to have gotten a bunch...but not all yet.....

From this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Known issue. We're working as fast as we can to identify all the Diplomacy missions and adjust them as appropriate.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-09-2011, 11:02 PM

It feels as if the "we don't want you to level any other way than what we did" crowd has affected Cryptic. These last doff tweaks are taking a fun, amazing alternate leveling system and clubbing it down. Please don't nerf the hell out of doff, it's been the only system that was amazing from the get-go.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-10-2011, 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenEricII

It feels as if the "we don't want you to level any other way than what we did" crowd has affected Cryptic. These last doff tweaks are taking a fun, amazing alternate leveling system and clubbing it down. Please don't nerf the hell out of doff, it's been the only system that was amazing from the get-go.
I have no problem with the DOff system, just the diplomatic investigations missions that send you running around on planets for a while and did not have their rewards rescaled with the commendation cap, so they give you only 0.01% of what you need for Ambassador. It sounds like it's getting fixed though, so I'm not worried