Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Bug Reports
Login

Lt. Commander
... cannot be resolved. I had a disaster outcome and the mission is tuck in my list. I have emptied my complete inventory, and i still can collect the 12 tribbles i msupposed to collect. This is on KDF
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-10-2011, 08:29 AM
I had this mission and have yet to fulfill it, what the outcome suppossed to be?
as it sounds very fun and interesting.

Fun with Klingon science.

FredriQ Vun FranQenstine hands his buxxom assistant InQa the needle of genetic material. Then he grabs an electrical plug, connected to a "Auxillary battery indicator," and plugs it into two small slits in one of the electrodes in the Tribbles body... as you would plug in a lamp. He reads the indicator.

FredriQ, " Soon, all the genetic secrets of this beast shall be mine! "

InQa, "Oh, FredriQ... you're not only a great scientist, you're a great... you're almost a...

FredriQ, " a god? "

InQa, " Yes! "

FredriQ, " I know. "

A CRACK OF THUNDER!

I-Qor, FredriQs humped back servant, comes down a small, spiral staircase from the roof.

I-Qor, " You'd better hurry the storm reaches its peak! .....and I think its going to rain."

FredriQ speaking sideways to InQa, " All Right.... Elevate me! "

InQa, " Right here? " , looking a little self conciuosly around the room.

FredriQ, " Raise the platform, hurry! "

InQaI, OH! the Platform! Yes, Doctor "

She turns a giant wheel on the wall. The platform rises towards the opening in the ceiling, with Freddy and the Tribble on it.

(as he is going up)
FredriQ, " The ancient scientists promised impossibilities and performed nothing. We shall penetrate into the recesses of nature. We shall ascend into Stovokor, mimic the earthquake and even mock the feds world with its own shadows!!!!"

I-Qor, "Tonight???"

FredriQ, "Yes! When I give the word -- throw the first switch! "

I-Qor, "You've got it, master. "

LIghtning crashes, thunder rolls by like a giant

The platform rises higher and higher. RAIN starts to come down on FredriQ.

FredriQ, "Get ready! "

The platform nears the opening.

FredriQ, " Get set! "

The platform rises through the opening and then stops. Now
FredriQ is out in the open air, on the roof.

A BOLT OF LIGHTNING and a CRACK OF THUNDER!

FredriQ, "Go!"

Down below in the labratory I-Qor throws the first switch.

SPARKS fly, CURRENTS jump in electric majesty, DIALS flicker and whirl to capture the eyes.

back up top FredriQ is getting drenched. He tries to check the "battery indicator" plugged into the Tribble

FredriQ (shouting down), " Throw the second switch!"

I-Qor (throwing the second switch), This guy means bussiness!"

I-Qor looks up in awe.

MORE LIGHTNING AND THUNDER

FredriQ, " IT's not enough. More! MOre, do you hear me?"

I-Qor, " What?"

FredriQ, " More! "

I-Qor, " What? "

FredriQ, " Throw the third Switch!"

I-Qor,(throwing the switch and mumbling under his breath), " Wait till he sees the bill. "

The Laboratory is an electrical circus of sparks, whirring dials and clanking machinery

FredriQ, " All right -- turn everything off and bring me down! "

InQa turns the giant wheel the other way.

I-Qor throws back the three switches.

THE LIGHTS RETURN TO NORMAL.

InQa and I-Qor watch FredriQ and the platform descend.

When it reaches the floor, FredriQ stands soaked to the skin.

ALL EYES ARE ON THE Tribble

FredriQ, " Nothing! "

They all stare at the smoking fried remains of the Tribble

Thank you Mel Brooks for the genius that is Young Frankenstien
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-10-2011, 08:57 AM
The Gene-splicing assignments are supposed to be 'short-cuts' along the Tribble breeding process, if successful.

It sounds like a disaster results in uncontrolled breeding of hordes of Tribbles. Which is awesome!

I'll look into the issue today, see if I can find an answer to why it won't let you complete it. Are you getting no pop-up text as a warning? Was your inventory full the first time you went to complete it?
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-10-2011, 09:08 AM
I love the idea of the disaster outcome of this being a hoard of low level tribbles. It sounds about right.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-10-2011, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorticusCryptic
The Gene-splicing assignments are supposed to be 'short-cuts' along the Tribble breeding process, if successful.

It sounds like a disaster results in uncontrolled breeding of hordes of Tribbles. Which is awesome!

I'll look into the issue today, see if I can find an answer to why it won't let you complete it. Are you getting no pop-up text as a warning? Was your inventory full the first time you went to complete it?
There was stuff in my inventory when i first tried to resolve it, but i thought i had 12 slots available. the text goes something like this:
"Cannot resolve Mission XYZ, make sure you have enough available space in your inventory"

Thanks for the quick response, and may the prophets protect us

LOL @Roach You da man
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-10-2011, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorticusCryptic

" MAD scientist rule # 365.03 states you must cackle wildly when making such a pleasant but chaotic discovery. Further flaunting of the articles of Union rules will see a reduction in your MAD scientist credit rating and a loss of two assistants "
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-10-2011, 03:16 PM
so this is fixed after the last patch,

i beamed out into sector space...still couldn't resolve, but after i used the replicator i could resolve the mission, now lets bake some tribbles