Lt. Commander
# 41
11-09-2011, 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinii
While I feel bad that you don't have a thumb on your left hand, you can rebind the Fire All key to something you *can* reach (like the = key with your pinky or something on your mouse) and put your weapons on Autofire.

Is it *optimal*? Maybe not. Is it *different* than what you're used to? Yes. But either way, you *can* play the game without the UI fire all, *and* without having to hit the Space Bar.

Again, I'm going to say that I can see how not having a thumb on your left hand would complicate a lot of things, but since I found out the weapon fire keys are *fully* rebindable, it's less of an actual excuse as to why you can't play, and just a case of stubborness in not wanting to change *one key-bind* until they fix the issue.

Also, current mouse may not have enough buttons for remapping? Try this. And if that's still not enough...
I've tried the key-binds to other keys around the WASD keys (2,3,Z,X) but due to the limiting factor of the damage to my left hand (there's more to it than just missing a thumb), I end up missing the key most of the time unless I continually glance at the keyboard (not a good defense strategy in a battle with multiple enemy vessels shooting at ya).

It's not much fun getting constantly nailed by plasma torps cause I didn't get my finger to the right key in time while trying to also glance at the UI to click on the right BOff defense...

Look, I'm not really trolling for sympathy here, just a bit of attention from the right Dev to address this particular problem/BUG for me (and probably others like me).

Thank you for the link to cooler mouse devices, but my budget at this time, precludes any entertainment purchases beyond my love of food, gas in the car and warmth in my apt.

I can still play the game on Holo, but you have to admit that for someone like me who's been playing the game since launch, it's just a bit beyond boring at the moment...

On Tribble I was able to try new stuff and enjoy the Space Battles again, till this BUG hit...

I'm still fiddling with the DOff system, so I am getting some enjoyment for my money.

I just hope to Hell this particular BUG does NOT get ported over to Holodeck.
Lt. Commander
# 42
11-10-2011, 01:47 AM
as stated once again rebinding to a dif key hasnt worked for me, weapons still wont fire. Useing the spacebar to shoot doesnt work cause weapons wont fire. Right clicking a target in space to shoot doesnt work cause weapons wont fire. All suggestions to (Correctly play this game) havent worked. And really suggesting to someone to shell out 80-129 dollars for a mouse to play a game. A Game that worked perfectly fine till the company patched it and broke a main feature is a bit much to ask.
Lt. Commander
# 43
11-10-2011, 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenement
as stated once again rebinding to a dif key hasnt worked for me, weapons still wont fire. Useing the spacebar to shoot doesnt work cause weapons wont fire. Right clicking a target in space to shoot doesnt work cause weapons wont fire. All suggestions to (Correctly play this game) havent worked. And really suggesting to someone to shell out 80-129 dollars for a mouse to play a game. A Game that worked perfectly fine till the company patched it and broke a main feature is a bit much to ask.
1) I don't know what to tell you about the space bar. I use autofire and pressing the space bar once makes all my weapons fire and then continuously fire without me needing to press it again.

And 2) the guy has an issue with a missing digit. The links I provided for multi-button gaming mice would help him in *all* games, as they might make it easier for him to map things to the mouse, again, in *any* game he plays. Not knowing whether he is aware or unaware of such devices, I wanted to bring them to his attention as something he could use to help with his play, not just in STO, but in any game he wants to play. Forgive me for wanting to help him out.

You know, I'm only going to say this one more time. Does the bug need to be fixed? Yes, it's a bug. And I really hope it gets fixed before the push to Holodeck. But the game is still playable via alternate input methods for almost everyone (especially if they have advanced gaming equipment, which many gamers do) but a very small minority with this bug existing.
Lt. Commander
# 44
11-10-2011, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinii
1) I don't know what to tell you about the space bar. I use autofire and pressing the space bar once makes all my weapons fire and then continuously fire without me needing to press it again.

And 2) the guy has an issue with a missing digit. The links I provided for multi-button gaming mice would help him in *all* games, as they might make it easier for him to map things to the mouse, again, in *any* game he plays. Not knowing whether he is aware or unaware of such devices, I wanted to bring them to his attention as something he could use to help with his play, not just in STO, but in any game he wants to play. Forgive me for wanting to help him out.

You know, I'm only going to say this one more time. Does the bug need to be fixed? Yes, it's a bug. And I really hope it gets fixed before the push to Holodeck. But the game is still playable via alternate input methods for almost everyone (especially if they have advanced gaming equipment, which many gamers do) but a very small minority with this bug existing.
And I appreciate your attempts...

But, it sounds like with your last thought, that you are dismissing something that's important for folks like me, to be able to Fully enjoy the game on Tribble.

I'm going to assume that you didn't really mean it that way though.

Anyway...,

I'm also going to thank you for posting in this thread, it does help to keep it somewhat in the spotlight.

Perhaps a Dev will eventually make a comment.

Lt. Commander
# 45
11-10-2011, 02:28 PM
The fix for this issue is being upped right now in this very Thursday big patchy build! Yayness.
Lt. Commander
# 46
11-10-2011, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marika.shran View Post
The fix for this issue is being upped right now in this very Thursday big patchy build! Yayness.
That's excellent. Now everybody can at least play. Now to find other bugs that need fixing.