Lt. Commander
# 11
11-09-2011, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanshi View Post
Indeed. The media and podcasts (well, most of the podcasts, anyway) are turning on Cryptic in a bad way. The half-baked, poorly thought out, inexcuseable changes to crafting need to be UNDONE until they have the "real" fix in place.

100% Agree. I can live with everything else but this. The anomalies are a grind. The rare particle traces are a real grind. Adding dilithium on top is just insane. you want to add dilithium then put a vendor at memory alpha selling rare traces for dilithium.

People sometimes have to wait months to get the rares they need to craft an item. And if they need to make say 8 phaser arrays and need 8 or 16 of those rare traces it could take over a year to craft a full set. Then of course you need those same rares to craft other items.

The grind is already bad enough Dilithium needs to be removed entirely or atleast added as a vendor to actually help us. As it is right now my crafters are all shelved.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-09-2011, 08:58 PM
As it currently stands...the whole Dilithium thing is just not winning me over at all.

I understand WHY they are doing it. I just don't agree with it.

I am not going to craft at all if this is how they want to do it.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-10-2011, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sural_Argonus
As it currently stands...the whole Dilithium thing is just not winning me over at all.

I understand WHY they are doing it. I just don't agree with it.

I am not going to craft at all if this is how they want to do it.
Which is what they are counting on so more people will just buy dilithium with cryptic points and then buy the weapons off the vendor instead of paying for these items with energy credits from the market. They do not want you to craft.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-10-2011, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsabonayev
Which is what they are counting on so more people will just buy dilithium with cryptic points and then buy the weapons off the vendor instead of paying for these items with energy credits from the market. They do not want you to craft.
If they really didn't want you to craft, they wouldnt' be going to the effort of coding in new mechanics, such as the crafting blocks created with dilithium. This way you can trade the crafting blocks, making fleet and alt crafting viable again. If they REALLY didn't want you to craft, I doubt they would be creating more work for themselves to appease some of the crafters.

Think it through a little bit.