Lt. Commander
# 41
11-07-2011, 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
The answer was always situational awareness. Tricobalts are quite squishy and have a long cooldown. We are talking about significant opportunity cost. They gimped a perfectly legitimate tactic for no good reason.
Torpedoes that you can target are no longer squishy.
Lt. Commander
Since I have been playing from day 1, I have been around to see some good ideas roll out, I even forked over the 300 USD for a life time. I have 2 fleets of my own ( 1 klink 1 fed) and am still in my original fleet the 52nd Vanguard. From a total of 1,167 player we are down to around 40 active ones, counting our weekend warriors.
I have spent way over 1,500 not counting my lifetime for c-point for myself and other fleet mates, as a fleet we have even paid for other members to play durring hard times.
So we do support the game and then some.
The tmobile comercial the pokes fun at att, were the guy is stand with out a shirt and is told he has to pay more for less is a great example of what direction the game is going. Dilthium for one is a pain; now for what used to cost 30 or so emblems a player has to give up the comparative sum I ton dilthium that would equal to 45 emblems. We have to give up dilithum to craft on top of the mats, now the skill tree is ok in the way of you do not have to spec into ur ship or weapon type, but the things u need to spec into cost 2 times more, so a half *** spec is what u get in space and no points left for ground.
The a lot ment of dilithium for life time & pay to play..what I have read is around 4 pr 500..so pay 15USD OR 300 for a life time and get ruffly about $5 USD worth of dilithium; ow yea that's worth it..NOT!
I am with the guys from jupiter force and many from my fleet who @ this point plan to take our money els where inless cryptic does something to support us, the guys who have & will continue to spend thousands & bring paying players to the game. I see why to go free to play with swtor coming out & all but let's face it if u had kept the content updated & coming as u promised, the game would not have lost so many people in the first place.
Ow yea..the AOE affects on torps and mines..u all are right ..it is a non issue, infact it makes pvp combat that much more fun..
But u guyz know..there are a lot of people (or so we are told) that complain about, affects,weaponds and ships, so things get nerfed instead of people just learning how to play better....
Gee..maybe cryptic is just listening to the wrong people? Ya think....
Lt. Commander
# 43
11-07-2011, 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
Who was complaining about tri cobalt bombers exactly ?

It was legit game play to fire them as close as possible... because fired from any distance it iwill 100% get shot down..... A completely 1000% useless change.

On the plus side no one will have to deal with stupid rifts... trics are the worse torp you could run now.... even plasmas are better... they at least have the cool down to keep em going...

Another pointless change, for no reason.
This agreed 100%, I will have no reason to keep a Tric on my ship with this now if I'm going to kill myself at close range. Did they seem to forget about the FAW spammers out there? Apparently. Pointless change except to kill PvP even more. Beating the dead horse with the Nerf stick again guys?
Lt. Commander
# 44
11-07-2011, 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ally_of_the_Force View Post
This agreed 100%, I will have no reason to keep a Tric on my ship with this now if I'm going to kill myself at close range. Did they seem to forget about the FAW spammers out there? Apparently. Pointless change except to kill PvP even more. Beating the dead horse with the Nerf stick again guys?
You do realise that torpedoes on Tribble that you can target now move much faster and have a much higher defence bonus right?

Even from 10km away there's a good chance that even with a team of 5 opposing players spamming FAW, they wont take down your Tric without concentrated fire.
Lt. Commander
# 45
11-07-2011, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
In that case I'd rather it was just rolled back to how it is on Holodeck. The fact that friendlies were not effected by things like Warp Plasma made those powers seem unrealistic. Now friends aren't going to be effected again, so what is the point? It's still going to be unrealistic. Having the splash effect yourself is just annoying, if a fully realistic change isn't going to be in.

Here's an idea: Only enable friendly fire on the higher difficulties. Normal: No splash damage whatsoever. Advanced: Splash damage for self only. Elite: Full friendly fire splash damage. That way those of us who want a more challenging and realistic experience can get one, without making life harder for everyone else.
I agree with this^. No reason to dumb down the game again becuase of some children at ESD.
Infact I really like the Normal, Advanced and ELite setting ideas in this post.
Lt. Commander
# 46
11-07-2011, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
You do realise that torpedoes on Tribble that you can target now move much faster and have a much higher defence bonus right?

Even from 10km away there's a good chance that even with a team of 5 opposing players spamming FAW, they wont take down your Tric without concentrated fire.
I have seen that it moves faster. I have never been able to shoot off a Tric from that far out and make a hit, at least on a player. Iíve had mine shot just as it leaves the torpedo bay. There is always somebody looking out for that lone Tric. But I'm not going to risk disabling or blowing up my own ship to get in close and make that hit. Like others in here have said, they have nerfed a legit tactic.
Lt. Commander
# 47
11-07-2011, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ally_of_the_Force View Post
I have seen that it moves faster. I have never been able to shoot off a Tric from that far out and make a hit, at least on a player. Iíve had mine shot just as it leaves the torpedo bay. There is always somebody looking out for that lone Tric. But I'm not going to risk disabling or blowing up my own ship to get in close and make that hit. Like others in here have said, they have nerfed a legit tactic.
Cryptic never intended for that to be a tactic, the reason this has happened is because the intent was always for players to shoot these types of torps off from a reasonable distance, Cryptic never wanted players getting in that close to use them but due to the original mechanics of the beast, players created this tactic.

Basically, the principle point is that players will find their way around almost any game design to be or become the best at what they do, but what Cryptic want's you to do, is think before you fire in a "calm and constructive manner". lol that's a joke...

I mean getting in at close range and firing off a tric takes some thought, and it is a tactic, but it doesn't really take that much thought and it's not really that tactful, but where's the line drawn? What's the final goal? Why am I even rambling on about all this non-sense?

/Carry on
Lt. Commander
# 48
11-10-2011, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiteWingNYC
Since I have been playing from day 1, I have been around to see some good ideas roll out, I even forked over the 300 USD for a life time. I have 2 fleets of my own ( 1 klink 1 fed) and am still in my original fleet the 52nd Vanguard. From a total of 1,167 player we are down to around 40 active ones, counting our weekend warriors.
I have spent way over 1,500 not counting my lifetime for c-point for myself and other fleet mates, as a fleet we have even paid for other members to play durring hard times.
So we do support the game and then some.
The tmobile comercial the pokes fun at att, were the guy is stand with out a shirt and is told he has to pay more for less is a great example of what direction the game is going. Dilthium for one is a pain; now for what used to cost 30 or so emblems a player has to give up the comparative sum I ton dilthium that would equal to 45 emblems. We have to give up dilithum to craft on top of the mats, now the skill tree is ok in the way of you do not have to spec into ur ship or weapon type, but the things u need to spec into cost 2 times more, so a half *** spec is what u get in space and no points left for ground.
The a lot ment of dilithium for life time & pay to play..what I have read is around 4 pr 500..so pay 15USD OR 300 for a life time and get ruffly about $5 USD worth of dilithium; ow yea that's worth it..NOT!
I am with the guys from jupiter force and many from my fleet who @ this point plan to take our money els where inless cryptic does something to support us, the guys who have & will continue to spend thousands & bring paying players to the game. I see why to go free to play with swtor coming out & all but let's face it if u had kept the content updated & coming as u promised, the game would not have lost so many people in the first place.
Ow yea..the AOE affects on torps and mines..u all are right ..it is a non issue, infact it makes pvp combat that much more fun..
But u guyz know..there are a lot of people (or so we are told) that complain about, affects,weaponds and ships, so things get nerfed instead of people just learning how to play better....
Gee..maybe cryptic is just listening to the wrong people? Ya think....
Hello,
Yeah i think the same way, it good stuff coming in the patch, but the transit to F2P came with a lot of stuff, where i cant agree.
I mean i can it understand in a company view that there are some thinks are to chance for money but in the end a company needs the coustomers too.
A hapyy coustomer pay willingly but a unhappy coustomer close up his pocket.

And the skillsystem isnt this in the end i was hope for.
Yeah its nice that you arent to force the use Disruptor/Phaser and Photon/Quantumtorpedos anymore, if you want to have points over for other things.
But in the end the prices for the Skillspoints are so high, that you can really skill things like Groundcombat.
Maybe it would be the best to hold on the newskillsystem until the Groundskills are ready too, and then take a new try with it.
I dont can believe that the system will in 3 weeks ready for a push on Holodeck.

but back to topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
In that case I'd rather it was just rolled back to how it is on Holodeck. The fact that friendlies were not effected by things like Warp Plasma made those powers seem unrealistic. Now friends aren't going to be effected again, so what is the point? It's still going to be unrealistic. Having the splash effect yourself is just annoying, if a fully realistic change isn't going to be in.

Here's an idea: Only enable friendly fire on the higher difficulties. Normal: No splash damage whatsoever. Advanced: Splash damage for self only. Elite: Full friendly fire splash damage. That way those of us who want a more challenging and realistic experience can get one, without making life harder for everyone else.
Yeah sounds good.
I mean the idea is normal of Friendly fire logical, but we are in the Game and theres often then stuff, like the people have already same as the idea came up, like griefing and killing other peoples.
I think in the PVE and for the PVP would this be a good thing.
You can choose if you want to have FF actived or disabled.
But for PVP there should be an vote out or an rouge options.
If you kill you teammates to often you getting for them Red or you kicked out.

Have a nice Day