Lt. Commander
# 21
11-11-2011, 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sural_Argonus
In a casual game...Friendly fire has no place. HOWEVER...with the difficulty system the game has...I'd say put Friendly fire on Elite....in missions only.
i do agree with this as it adds a level of dificulty that a lot of threads/posts have been askiing for over the past two years.
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-11-2011, 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
At some point we must up the skill level of STo and expect some common sense of social ettiquite from the players as a whole.
Oh, Roach... Sweet, naive Roach..

This is teh Intarwebs. It's the rare person that has a sense of social etiquette when they're anonymous. I wish it weren't true, but many people feel they can do things they'd never do in real life (such as annoy or grief people) because they feel it somehow empowers them to act like a jerk behind the keyboard.
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-11-2011, 03:37 AM
Quote:
YOU MEAN CHILDREN MAY ABUSE THE LOGICAL ?

SILLY CHILDREN.

I AGREE WITH THE OP, FRIENDLY FIRE MAKES SENSE ON CERTAIN POWERS.
Quote:
I remember. Though they should restrict the use of FF tiems in the social areas but not the whole game.
Any place without combat should be considered a social area.

Otherwise the use of FF is up to the maturity of the user, which I could handle personaly.
If I team with someone who's lazy with thier FF then I will not team again.

At some point we must up the skill level of STo and expect some common sense of social ettiquite from the players as a whole.
Its really really scary to agree with Roach.

Some powerfull abilitys should be "friendly fire" I believe....

Abilitys like... Tykens rift, gravity well, Warp plasma, Antimatter spread make sense to be "friendly fire", they are not really targertet, they are a hazard simply put into the enviroment hoping to damage the enemy... there is no reason why "allied" should be imune to it and it would make the use of those abilitys a little more difficult in a good way= intresting.

Abilitys like scattern valley or Torpedo spread.... there it might be to much...

But any kind of enviromental explosion... like the aoe mine explosions cause for example should IMO effect friends AND enemys alike.

And if somebody cant handle that he shouldnt take that abilitys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekSlide
KISS - Keep it simple stupid.

Get rid of Friendly Fire... thanks...
Yeah. Why not just limit the actual players work to suggesting targerts and letting the game play itsself? Or better... choose the missions.... selecting the right targert in a fight might be little to much asked....
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-11-2011, 03:47 AM
Quote from a dev from TOR...also fits perfectly for STO:

Damion Schubert: " We don't have friendly fire in The Old Republic for a simple reason: a lot of players are, well... idiots."

Thatīs why.
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-11-2011, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Otherwise the use of FF is up to the maturity of the user,

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1restarter
Quote from a dev from TOR...also fits perfectly for STO:

Damion Schubert: " We don't have friendly fire in The Old Republic for a simple reason: a lot of players are, well... idiots."

Thatīs why.
I since a trend here.
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-11-2011, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
Its really really scary to agree with Roach.
Your the second person to say that? Not that I mind being agreed with it just makes me wonder if I've become that Crazy guy in STO thats mumbles to himself saying ," Dang nabit!" alot, looks scraggly and always seems to be lurking even when he's just being social.

"Mommy! Whats that hairy man doing? "

" He's trying to teach squirrels how to Alpha-Strike dear, pay no attention. "

" He's funny.."

" Yes, dear. He's a funny hairy man."

" can I teach squirels to alpha-strike one day?"

" No, dear. Your father and I plan for you to be an Engineer when you get older."

" Awww..."

" Besides all the squirels will be trained by them and the funny man will have moved on to Chipmunks."

' Chipmunks, the deadliest of the ground squirels? "

" Thats right! such a clever child. "
Lt. Commander
# 27
11-11-2011, 04:49 AM
Quote:
Your the second person to say that? Not that I mind being agreed with it just makes me wonder if I've become that Crazy guy in STO thats mumbles to himself saying ," Dang nabit!" alot, looks scraggly and always seems to be lurking even when he's just being social.
Become? You were diffrent once?
Lt. Commander
# 28
11-11-2011, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenEricII

You're right that you just learn who you can and can't group with, but I'm not worried about the lazy or newbish person who is bad with FF, they'll eventually learn. No, there will ALWAYS be griefers in online games and FF is a very easy way for them to annoy the hell out of people, unfortunately you won't know they're a griefer until you're in the mission and they're intentionally wiping your team.

I'd have absolutely no problem with a FF toggle, that way if you're pugging and don't know the people, you can turn it off, if you're with your fleet, turn it back on.
This might work and leads into the post below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
My suggestion is to enable FF depending on the difficulty selected:

Normal- No FF.
Advanced- Self Only FF (have to watch splash damage from your own attacks).
Elite- Full FF.

If you're playing on Elite you'd need to watch where you and your allies are when activating AoE attacks. And you'd also have to avoid positioning yourself right next to an enemy ship that others (especially NPCs) are firing on.
I still like the idea, think it makes sense and the idea that Nagorak postulates is a good one.
It will give a higher thinking version of the casual STO gameplay at the harder settings.
Lt. Commander
# 29
11-11-2011, 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
Become? You were diffrent once?
LMAO - No, not according to my Family and Friends and the stories they tell of me that I no longer remember.
Lt. Commander
# 30
11-11-2011, 04:55 AM
Quote:

I still like the idea, think it makes sense and the idea that Nagorak postulates is a good one.
It will give a higher thinking version of the casual STO gameplay at the harder settings.
I'd rather like to see it scaling with the abilitys used insead of "only self" and "team"... (that does not make much sense IMO).

Also... it should be "full" friendly fire in PVP.