Lt. Commander
Or something close to that has appeared 3 times this morning, one in the Psi Canis block, Hromi Cluster, and twice in the Psi Velorum Block, Arucanis Arm. All 3 times were as I was completing a patrol mission in the cluster or arm. I have only had this happen woth my T'Sonie charactor, but wil try it with my other toons today and update with results

ganicholson

Message has now changed to "Disconnected from Server" Happens on all toons, was NOT happening yesterday. Internet connectivity is normal tested at 26mb/s. Will try the Holodeck to see if the issue is with Tribble only
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-10-2011, 03:47 PM
Most probably a routing issue, since I haven't seen that many threads in here about sudden disconnects.

There are several threads in the technical section of this forum which explain how you can figure out which internet 'hub' is not relaying your signal properly (traceroute).
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-11-2011, 03:53 AM
No, I've been having Nichog's problem too for at least two weeks now. It's unbearably a pain on Holodeck, and somewhat liveable on Tribble, but something was changed on the studio's end of things because nothing whatsoever changed on mine. It was all working fine, then some update got posted, and it all just went nuts... My guess is they're having to divvy up the server loads almost evenly between holodeck and tribble and this may be causing the problem, or in other words, they just don't have enough servers to deal with the traffic o_O
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-11-2011, 05:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fweeps
Most probably a routing issue, since I haven't seen that many threads in here about sudden disconnects.

There are several threads in the technical section of this forum which explain how you can figure out which internet 'hub' is not relaying your signal properly (traceroute).
i HIGHLY DOUBT THAT, i am a technical manager and owner of a IT company. I have sniffers that tell me what is going on, and the datat I got yeaterday showed the server droppoing the connection, also, I went back to the holodeck server and DID NOT HAVE THE PROBLEM, PLAYED EVERYMISSION THAT i GOT DROPPED ON AND IT NEVER DISCONNECTED
There is something going on in the system that is causing it, as to what I have yet to find the issue, but if it continues I will. I have read on some of the forums dealing with this board that some multimedao streaming programs have issues with the card, as of yet I have not found that problem with my NIC. It may or may not have anything to do with the issue. Will try again today and see if the issue persists

Nichog.

System specs:
ASRock Extreme4 motherboard
AMD 1055T x6 core processor
ASUS HD 5850 w/1 gig ddr5
8gig of pc3300 DDR3, muskin
Broadcom network card, internal and single
Creative X-fi gameer extreme audio card
WD 500 Gig SATA 6 HD
HP DVD-ROM, cdr cdrw
Cooler Master 850 watt 85 green PS
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-11-2011, 05:34 AM
I mentioned this a while ago and got the same traceroute response; the connection on holodeck will drop once per session , but after logging back in it won't happen again. The client in registered on my firewall, and I have other MMOs that don't have this problem. My computer is new and up to date. I haven't noticed s big a problem on Tribble, but is does also have drops for no apparent reason. Hopefully it will clear up after the F2P transition. It more irritating than a gamestopper... for now.