Lt. Commander
# 51
11-11-2011, 03:38 AM

I don't see any negative aspects to having two seperate pools for space and ground. Just have missions reward space and ground points, or have space combat reward in space skill points, ground combat reward in ground skill points and combo missions reward in both.

If there's fewer skills to invest in for ground just do the math. Let's say that 70k is a good number for space skill points, but ground skill points should be no more than 35k to force decisions and not be able to max everything. A combo mission that currently would give out 60 skill points would now give 60 space skill points and 30 ground skill points. if you find a fair max pool number for each, you can still force meaningful decisions when specing without forcing people to excel in one type of combat and suck in the other.

Sharing the pool and forcing players to choose which combat is more important to them, or choosing to be bland in both is just not a good option.
Lt. Commander
# 52
11-11-2011, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenEricII

I don't see any negative aspects to having two seperate pools for space and ground. Just have missions reward space and ground points, or have space combat reward in space skill points, ground combat reward in ground skill points and combo missions reward in both.

If there's fewer skills to invest in for ground just do the math. Let's say that 70k is a good number for space skill points, but ground skill points should be no more than 35k to force decisions and not be able to max everything. A combo mission that currently would give out 60 skill points would now give 60 space skill points and 30 ground skill points. if you find a fair max pool number for each, you can still force meaningful decisions when specing without forcing people to excel in one type of combat and suck in the other.

Sharing the pool and forcing players to choose which combat is more important to them, or choosing to be bland in both is just not a good option.
that option is fine by me....i HATE ground combat so i focus on space combat as thats what i like. I make that choice knowing that i'll have a harder time in ground combat. Of course with the old/current skill system i can still put a chunk of points into ground and still get most of what i want in space.....that will NOT be the case with the new/upcoming skill system.

but hey some people feel that dealing with THEIR choices is unfair so who am i to argue? AMIRIGHT????
Lt. Commander
# 53
11-11-2011, 11:57 AM
as it stands, with the new space skills, i really don't see the need to put points into ground combat. i'm hoping that the Ground skill revamp happens soon because the skills seems like i cant hit rank 9 on as many as i could before. that means with out seperating the skill trees i have to give up most ground skills just to get the same out of my Ship skills.

And God knows Melee combat could use the same love the energy weapons got when they redid Ground Combat in general. Maybe if they seperate the two they might add some skills to make Melee more formidable again.
Lt. Commander
# 54
11-11-2011, 12:44 PM
so much to not do, so little time. they've got shy of 2 months to half *** everything into place.....this ought to be an interesting train wreck