Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 71
11-10-2011, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
Point taken. But still doesn't matter whether its BOE or BOP. Either way, SOMEONE has paid for it. So why would they care?
But if we grind crafting now, before F2P, we're not paying Dilithium. Currently, crafters can craft for their alts, or friends, or fleetmates, etc. They can just craft for themselves and stash it all in their bank. Come F2P, all that previously-crafted-but-unbound BoE gear is a way to circumvent Cryptic's new economy because it removes the impetus for people that have it or buy it to endure the Dilithium grind themselves because they don't need to. That weakens the new grind-or-pay economy right out of the gate. There are probably quite a few forum readers that are stocking up on crafted items now for future alts, or just to sell post-F2P (when those items will be worth far more than now).

The fact that Cryptic has taken steps in F2P to prevent players from using crafting to avoid their new economy, combined with the removal of the Emblem vet reward to prevent "muling", means that the thought of altering pre-F2P crafted items must have occurred to them as it's an existing way to sidestep their new economy, at least for a time. The only question is, will they or won't they? I imagine the only reasons not to change existing crafting, at least temporarily, to be all BoP boils down to either technical reasons, public opinion reasons, or both (technical because they don't have time/resources to make it work, public opinion because a change like that could be the last straw for many players, turning them from hopeful-but-cynical to hateful-and-vengeful).


Z
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 72
11-10-2011, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zordar View Post
But if we grind crafting now, before F2P, we're not paying Dilithium. Currently, crafters can craft for their alts, or friends, or fleetmates, etc. They can just craft for themselves and stash it all in their bank. Come F2P, all that previously-crafted-but-unbound BoE gear is a way to circumvent Cryptic's new economy because it removes the impetus for people that have it or buy it to endure the Dilithium grind themselves because they don't need to. That weakens the new grind-or-pay economy right out of the gate. There are probably quite a few forum readers that are stocking up on crafted items now for future alts, or just to sell post-F2P (when those items will be worth far more than now).

The fact that Cryptic has taken steps in F2P to prevent players from using crafting to avoid their new economy, combined with the removal of the Emblem vet reward to prevent "muling", means that the thought of altering pre-F2P crafted items must have occurred to them as it's an existing way to sidestep their new economy, at least for a time. The only question is, will they or won't they? I imagine the only reasons not to change existing crafting, at least temporarily, to be all BoP boils down to either technical reasons, public opinion reasons, or both (technical because they don't have time/resources to make it work, public opinion because a change like that could be the last straw for many players, turning them from hopeful-but-cynical to hateful-and-vengeful).


Z
You may be right. I guess we shall see. But in the meantime, I really can't bring myself to max all my alts in crafting. (which is what the person I was responding to was suggesting). Just not sure if it's worth it. I have 6 maxed toons, all with purple XI gear. I already have 1 Fed and 1 KDF max crafter. With it being tied to dilithium anyway, might as well just buy stuff from the dilthium vendor if I need it (at least if prices for crafting stay the way they are now).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 73
11-10-2011, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
You may be right. I guess we shall see. But in the meantime, I really can't bring myself to max all my alts in crafting. (which is what the person I was responding to was suggesting). Just not sure if it's worth it. I have 6 maxed toons, all with purple XI gear. I already have 1 Fed and 1 KDF max crafter. With it being tied to dilithium anyway, might as well just buy stuff from the dilthium vendor if I need it (at least if prices for crafting stay the way they are now).
This is a crazy approach and I can guarantee you will be sorry when Cryptic gets done with you.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 74
11-10-2011, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zordar View Post
But if we grind crafting now, before F2P, we're not paying Dilithium. Currently, crafters can craft for their alts, or friends, or fleetmates, etc. They can just craft for themselves and stash it all in their bank. Come F2P, all that previously-crafted-but-unbound BoE gear is a way to circumvent Cryptic's new economy because it removes the impetus for people that have it or buy it to endure the Dilithium grind themselves because they don't need to. That weakens the new grind-or-pay economy right out of the gate. There are probably quite a few forum readers that are stocking up on crafted items now for future alts, or just to sell post-F2P (when those items will be worth far more than now).

The fact that Cryptic has taken steps in F2P to prevent players from using crafting to avoid their new economy, combined with the removal of the Emblem vet reward to prevent "muling", means that the thought of altering pre-F2P crafted items must have occurred to them as it's an existing way to sidestep their new economy, at least for a time. The only question is, will they or won't they? I imagine the only reasons not to change existing crafting, at least temporarily, to be all BoP boils down to either technical reasons, public opinion reasons, or both (technical because they don't have time/resources to make it work, public opinion because a change like that could be the last straw for many players, turning them from hopeful-but-cynical to hateful-and-vengeful).


Z
My thought is that Cryptic does not really care about the crafted gear in your bank, unless you found some exploit and have 100,000 MK XI purple's sitting in your mailbox.

It is going to take a good long while for the economy to settle down, and by that time, all that banked gear will not really matter.

Add to that the fact that in a month, the best crafted gear will no longer be top-level (you need to play STF to get the best MK XII gear).

Add to that the fact that if things were too bad, they could just open up level XII crafting or raise the level cap even higher, which would diminish the value of the best crafted gear.

They are probably not worried about what you have in the bank.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 75
11-10-2011, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekrit_Agent
This is a crazy approach and I can guarantee you will be sorry when Cryptic gets done with you.
I'm not convinced.
1) You can't craft the best gear anyway. Can you say mark XII STF gear?
2) I have no more open character slots, and I don't intend to buy any more. I'll have 1 more slot from upcoming vet reward, but I'll save that for the next faction... yeah, will be a while. All my toons are maxed so they don't need anymore gear.
3) The dilithium cost for crafting is not that much cheaper than buying it straight out from the vendor. With C-point --> dilithium conversion, I can eventually get stuff with stipend.
4) With 4 characters that are not max crafted, that would require 6000 matts (give or take) to max them out. To me, THIS is crazy.

And, "when Cryptic gets done with you"?.. Sorry, but it's more like "when I get done with Cryptic".
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 76
11-11-2011, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakarak
Hopefully they will adjust the veterans rewards. Gold players should get a respec token every 100 days, with every veterans rewards.

Give people some incentives to be gold. Beef up the Veterans rewards to make the game less "grindy".
Wow the PW must be dying for money,because if they think someone in their perfect sanity will be pleased and thankful for gain a damn respec token every 100 days of paid game they are totally nuts.
This is the prove of how they want any possible money from players,charging REAL MONEY for a respec??
People will say 'dilithium,dilithium' as solution for the c-store/real money problem,but c-points will cost sky high prices and new players or old ones who don't have farmed emblems to be converted(badly converted,i farmed almost an year of emblems and the amount of dilithium i have is a joke in f2p server,some people would like to have that ammount but the rate is too low and new item prices are too high,specialy now,using dilithium for everthingl,not only to gear up but to buy new ships and even more ridiculous to change boff's names,let's see if they change this before f2p goes live).
I played a lot of f2p mmos,even many very underground ones,and i've seen better business matrix than this one been aired by Cryptic/PW.
You don't make a game popular preventing people to have access to basic things like content,gear,and in our case,retrain your abilities using the in game basic currency.
Please think again Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 77
11-11-2011, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakarak
Hopefully they will adjust the veterans rewards. Gold players should get a respec token every 100 days, with every veterans rewards.

Give people some incentives to be gold. Beef up the Veterans rewards to make the game less "grindy".
Wow the PW must be dying for money,because if they think someone in their perfect sanity will be pleased and thankful for gain a damn respec token every 100 days of paid game they are totally nuts.
This is the prove of how they want any possible money from players,charging REAL MONEY for a respec??
Let's say you and your fleet mates wanna test the new skill tree/doffs for pvp,cool you're rocking,king of the hill,or asteroid,whatever,but life goes on and the galaxy is in danger again,and new(i really hope)content is released and you need to retrain the skills to fulfill your role in the party/raid,ok,but you already had used all of your free tokens from leveling promotion,ok,some merits/honor will fix this.
Ops no more merits/honor around,"ahh sure the dilithium", you think"they unified everything,that is the solution".No,you my friend,you are screwed,no respec for you using dilithium directly.You gonna have to look for the help of the devious mister C-store,he do things that even a Ferengi would be ashamed to do.
People will say 'dilithium,dilithium' as solution for the c-store/real money problem,but c-points will cost sky high prices and new players or old ones who don't have farmed emblems to be converted(badly converted,i farmed almost an year of emblems and the amount of dilithium i have is a joke in f2p server,some people would like to have that ammount but the rate is too low and new item prices are too high,specialy now,using dilithium for everthingl,not only to gear up but to buy new ships and even more ridiculous to change boff's names,let's see if they change this before f2p goes live).
I played a lot of f2p mmos,even many very underground ones,and i've seen better business matrix than this one been aired by Cryptic/PW.
You don't make a game popular preventing people to have access to basic things like content,gear,and in our case,retrain your abilities using the in game basic currency.
Please think again Cryptic.
Ps:sorry for the double post,don't know what happen.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:29 AM.