Lt. Commander
# 11
11-11-2011, 11:08 AM
So their answer to the problem was to screw e1 that hadn't hit 500 days yet?
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-11-2011, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Trainor
They were worried that loads of people with the rewards would roll new toons before F2P, collect the reward and get that converted into dilithium and ruinz their oh-so-precious, give-us-your-monies economy.
If only they cared as much about pvp
Which, when I heard about this, I was glad, because I had a ton of Newbtoons that I logged in every now and then, who had already earned their 250 emblems.

So now I have 3 main toons that have earned 250 emblems (dilithium), and 4 muletoons that have 250 emblems already, even tho they are newbtoons. (you have to have completed the initial mission in order to 'veteran up').

heh, 1750 in emblems by accident.

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

From my previous conversion calculations, I've got 700k in dilithium coming my way at F2P launch.

HOLY CRAP!
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-11-2011, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallout23 View Post
So their answer to the problem was to screw e1 that hadn't hit 500 days yet?
Seemingly.
Economy more important to Cryptic than subscribers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superluminous
Which, when I heard about this, I was glad, because I had a ton of Newbtoons that I logged in every now and then, who had already earned their 250 emblems.

So now I have 3 main toons that have earned 250 emblems (dilithium), and 4 muletoons that have 250 emblems already, even tho they are newbtoons. (you have to have completed the initial mission in order to 'veteran up').

heh, 1750 in emblems by accident.

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

From my previous conversion calculations, I've got 700k in dilithium coming my way at F2P launch.

HOLY CRAP!
Ahh, so it's your fault?

:p

I've a long way to go till I hit 500 days, so they might have put something worthwhile in it's place by then
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-11-2011, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Trainor
Seemingly.
Economy more important to Cryptic than subscribers.

Ahh, so it's your fault?

:p

I've a long way to go till I hit 500 days, so they might have put something worthwhile in it's place by then
Frankly, they never should have removed the emblems.

They obviously have no understanding about givins the 'Kings Penny'.....the primary rule being that you cannot take away something from the people, once you give it.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-11-2011, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superluminous
Frankly, they never should have removed the emblems.

They obviously have no understanding about givins the 'Kings Penny'.....the primary rule being that you cannot take away something from the people, once you give it.
but this "huge" wave of f2p people will never have known about it so will never complain they never got something they never heard of....
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-11-2011, 02:18 PM
I still don't understand what the big deal with the Emblems was. Even if everyone bought loads of new character slots, they still had to level those characters in order to access those Emblems. So Cryptic could have made more money on character slots and probably more still from experience boosts for grinders.

Maybe I'm missing something (as I often do), not only was this the wrong move, but something is fishy about it.
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-11-2011, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
I still don't understand what the big deal with the Emblems was. Even if everyone bought loads of new character slots, they still had to level those characters in order to access those Emblems. So Cryptic could have made more money on character slots and probably more still from experience boosts for grinders.

Maybe I'm missing something (as I often do), not only was this the wrong move, but something is fishy about it.
Oh. Really?

ONly if they want to access emblems.

Remember, emblems convert to dilithium, not level restriced anymore.

This means that my EN1 toon with 250 emblems gets them converted to dilithium in the new build.

If you didn't log those toons in after they hit 500, you dont get the emblems.

If you logged in before they cut us all off, your newbie toon would have 250 emblems which convert to dilithium.

The 250 emblems wasn't based on being VA1, just SPENDING them was.

That being said, I've 4 newbie toons that each have 250 emblems.

My oldest alt I forgot to log in before they cut vets off....so it didn't get the 250 emblems.

all my other newbie alts did tho.

Now do you see why people are upset and why cryptic cut people off from the 250 emblems?

With my 7 tooons, only 3 of which are va, I now have 700k dilithium when the build goes up.

THIS is why they nerfed the giveaway.

If I were them, I just might have done it myself.

Especially since the giveaway would hurt my theorhetical cstore.
Lt. Commander
# 18 Ya RLY
11-11-2011, 03:29 PM
I don't know whether this has more to do with technical or creative limitations.

Clearly there was simply no other option.

GG Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-11-2011, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
I don't know whether this has more to do with technical or creative limitations.

Clearly there was simply no other option.

GG Cryptic.
My apologies, I meant in my previous post to say "Oh? Really?" rather than 'Oh really?'

I meant to come off as: Oh (surprise) Really?(earnest, are you sure?)

I don't think it was technical, or creativity issues, I am pretty sure it was 'bottom line' issues.

Which confuses the HELL outta me.

If Cryptic has more dilithium in the market, then more people could then theorhetically purchase more cpoints to gobble up the dilithium.

People will gouge for every cent (cp) on the new dilithium exchange. Trust.

I don't know how Cryptic sees it any other way.
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-12-2011, 11:10 AM
Yeah I wasn't aware that every toon you have gets the emblems either. I thought they only got them once they hit VA. Of course that's a SIMPLE solution to the problem of ppl just starting toons to get their emblems, but instead of just doing that, let's just pull it out from everyones feet. I mean it's stretching a bit, but isn't that kind of misadvertising?