Lt. Commander
# 51
11-11-2011, 01:35 PM
Quote:
You have to look at the big picture and from the silver persons perspective.... More clutter = more inventory and bank upgrade sales
That went through my head as well as explanation.
Lt. Commander
# 52
11-11-2011, 02:03 PM
You can see some grindy mentality in all these missions too. Especially to get the new equipment, which is in all honesty even more usless than the STF equipment right now. Not only is it more annoying to get the equipment, as the parts drop at random and there are several types, but the equipment is green and not very effective. And Energy Credits for the rewards? what part of wee need more ways to get dilithium is being blocked by the fingers in your ears?
Lt. Commander
# 53
11-11-2011, 10:44 PM
So with the latest patch that fixed everything, I was finally able to complete the City Hard mission. Overall it was enjoyable. The only issue that we found was that when we failed the first time, regrouped at the same node to start again, we could activate the node, but the next step (free newly assimilated defari) was not achievable, as we could not click on any of them. We ended up having to find a different node, where it worked fine and we completed it.

Overall, the city missions were fun. Will work on Temple and Power Plant next
Lt. Commander
# 54
11-12-2011, 01:50 AM
Lots of crashing. Both myself and teammates. Was especially bad on the hard mission.

Also, for the hard mission, the newly assimilated deferi were not interactable.
Lt. Commander
# 55
11-12-2011, 07:28 AM
Art issue on the door mission: I assume that 2D plane jutting out of the doorway was intended to be a swinging door? I do recall seeing it swing on the few occasions anyone was home, but it's not attached to the house model quite right. The hinge point is somewhere in the middle of the doorway, and its resting state is an oblique angle, not flat with the door texture.

Also, design-wise, we need more doors. A lot more. There were what, eight of them? In one small corner of town, with over a dozen players trying to get at them? No wonder the drop rate for civilians ws so low. I would suggest expanding the doors across the majority of the map, since the whole planet got flat-footed.
Lt. Commander
# 56
11-12-2011, 09:46 AM
I haven't done any of the hard missions yet and here is the reason why: My comp lags even on the easy levels and I'm not the only one doing that either. Some members in my fleet get the lag. I would suggest putting the new Borg ground in instances like it is done for the space ones. That way, not everybody is running around doing the same thing at the same time. Grant it that I have a sorry computer about 3 to 4 years old and yes, I can play on my laptop which is better, but I bet I'll get the same lag as I do on my main rig.
Lt. Commander
# 57 Not Impressed at ALL
11-12-2011, 10:34 AM
•How clear are the objectives here?
I find the description to be not gamer/user friendly. I read what I was supposed to do and still left confused.

•Does the setup make sense? To an extent yes, but still does not flow well. I find the setup to be mindless shooting like the Big Dig.
•General mission bugs:
There is a delay in firing your weapon. Almost two seconds on the main firing round.
•General art bugs.
Thus far, I have not found any.

Lt. Commander
# 58
11-12-2011, 01:03 PM
I thought missions where meant to reset. i took peer pressure yesterday and got 2/15, but when i went back today i still had 2/15. i thought it was meant to go back to 0?
Lt. Commander
Can anyone explain what objectives need to be accomplished in order to successfully complete and receive credit for the different ground invasion zones? The objectives are not clear for any of the areas on the map. Are each of the areas considered separate missions? Are you supposed to begin in one area and work your way around to all four sections of the map City, Power Plant, Temple, and Probe during the 2 hour period?

For example, what are we really supposed to be accomplishing in the City? Seems like everyone is just running around to two hours killing Borg and picking up loot, but I get the feeling that some specific tasks must be completed before you can receive credit and move forward.

It would be helpful if you could get a list of objectives to accomplish in your mission tracking dialog box or some way to know whether or not you are actually progressing through the mission(s) that you are working on. Speaking for myself, I am not sure if I am participating on an easy, or hard mission as well.

I believe that this aspect of the Borg Ground Invasion needs to be reworked or somehow clarified.
Lt. Commander
# 60 Crafting equipment
11-12-2011, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
You can see some grindy mentality in all these missions too. Especially to get the new equipment, which is in all honesty even more usless than the STF equipment right now. Not only is it more annoying to get the equipment, as the parts drop at random and there are several types, but the equipment is green and not very effective. And Energy Credits for the rewards? what part of wee need more ways to get dilithium is being blocked by the fingers in your ears?

I agree with Alator, the equipment that can be crafted is pretty useless, especially when you compare it to the anti-Borg equipment that can be purchased with emblems at the Fleet in Gamma Orionis on Holodeck. At least those weapons provide the possibility of causing additional damage to the Borg. As that vendor doesn't appear to exist on Tribble now, all of the ground gear should be made available to craft. It may be possible to enhance the player's weapon of choice through the crafting center instead of crafting an entirely new weapon. For example, someone with a MK-X disruptor rifle could enhance it using the crafting drops to give it some sort of anti-borg bonus damage when the player is using it against Borg. This is just a suggestion, but the point is that the gear that can be crafted doesn't appear to provide any Anti-Borg bonus versus what can be purchased through the normal Dilithium vendors on ESD and Qo'nos. As a matter of fact, one can purchase purple MK-XI weapons for reasonable prices from those vendors, but the gear that can be crafted is only Green. This doesn't provide any incentive to actually grind through these missions if you already have some decent gear equipped on your tunes.