Lt. Commander
# 1 Feedback: Borg Invasion: Probe
11-10-2011, 03:42 PM
This is the thread for all feedback for the probe section of the Defera Borg invasion map.

Discussion points:
  • How clear are the objectives here?
  • Does the setup make sense?
  • General mission bugs.
  • General art bugs.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-10-2011, 09:38 PM
unable to get the missions for the probe.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-11-2011, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by throcky View Post
unable to get the missions for the probe.
I'm thinking you need to complete one hard mission first before you get access.. but that's just a guess
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-11-2011, 11:44 AM
Can't really give feedback, the mission was stopped by a bug right away.
The mission insisted we needed at least three team members to trigger the Gorn drones... Well, we had 4 and it wouldn't start anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-11-2011, 02:22 PM
You do need to complete at least one hard mission on the map.

We're fixing the issue that is blocking all hard missions except for the temple.

I apologize for the inconvenience.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-11-2011, 10:16 PM
Just completed the mission to kill the assimilated Gorn (who is awesome btw)

Overall it was fun. A bit on the easy end, only because it's simple to LOS him with the hill. That, and teammates can rez, and run back and rejoin the fight. Between the two, kind of simple fight... maybe add a forcefield to contain the fight or something.

Anyway, the reward for turning in that quest was awesome (Borg Appendages as weapons ftw). At least it makes me want to keep playing to see what else is in that box... the other rewards at the vendor are meh except for the remodulator, so maybe the end boss rewards are worth it
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-12-2011, 04:52 PM
I was with Sardoc, I had the mission shared with me at first and was the only one not to die, cover shield from another player saved my digi-life. As Sardoc mentioned, it was breaking line of sight (LOS) that won us the first round, the B'Gorn is awesome though!!!

He's just no match for a team of 5 who are quick thinking and adapting, using tactics and taking advantage of the surroundings. Can you give the B'Gorn the ability to adapt? By that I mean under certain conditions, let's say his health status. The B'Gorn's abilites and tactics could change, can't he spawn some turrets or cover shield defence when he needs to?

He's also a great big Gorn, can he jump? Give him the ability to jump up over 20 ft and land behind a player when he's in real trouble. That'll help the line of sight issue, if a player get's behind a hill like we did the 2nd time we fought him after I had unlocked the hard mission.

I didn't get any decent rewards from this mission but that was just the luck of the draw.

As for the objective, to be honest with the time limit on the event, I didn't even look. I just followed the team and read what they told me they were doing.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-13-2011, 04:24 AM
I think the rewards could be improved a little bit. Maybe the hard missions could drop the STF currencies as they both require groups.

Other than that its an awesome mission. We all loved the big monster gorn.

Will there be other missions involving the probe though? Seems a shame to have gone to all that effort for what is really a 5 minute fight tops.