Lt. Commander
# 11
11-10-2011, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianas
I totally agree, I waited until I was almost VA to start the episodes, not only does the transwarp gate not unlock but its SILLY that the devidian missions are the first ones that start the series. I am in the midst of the episode from the admiral at ESD , and I am getting rewards that are USELESS to me at the level I am at. Plus I can't do ANY of the deferi dailys thus limiting the amount of dilithium that I can obtain.

I don't know WHAT cryptic reason was for doing that but this I know for sure is that if you limit people's freedom to play as they want, you wind up promoting bad behavior OR even worse leaving the game entirely. Admittedly there have to be some rules so as to keep it fair for all players, but saying that you HAVE to play the episodes in a certain order is counter intuitive. Also it serves to PUNISH the players that don't by not allowing them access to the dailies so that they don't have to pvp just to get the dilithium to get better gear.
I have a theory about that. My last roll was a KDF science on holodeck. At each rank I would run through all the FEs, including the breen series. Primarily this was to get the breen set on my ship - purple items with good set bonuses. That made the rest of my grinding a whole lot easier (IMHO). Maybe Cryptic doesn't want it to be that easy to get purple gear at lower levels.
EB
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-10-2011, 07:02 AM
Well folks on the webshow STOked came up with a good suggestion. I believe they suggested...

1. Cryptic tweak the xp rewards for these missions so as players progress they don't quickly outlevel the content...or they simply have the missions scale in difficulty and provide appropriate rewards no matter the players level.

2. Another suggestion would be that they open mission areas as you level even if you haven't finished all the previous missions. So if you havent finished all the klingon missions but you've reached a certain level you gain access to the Romulan missions or whatever. So you still have to finish the Klingon missions in order...but you can also start the Romulan missions.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-11-2011, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelus
Well folks on the webshow STOked came up with a good suggestion. I believe they suggested...

1. Cryptic tweak the xp rewards for these missions so as players progress they don't quickly outlevel the content...or they simply have the missions scale in difficulty and provide appropriate rewards no matter the players level.

2. Another suggestion would be that they open mission areas as you level even if you haven't finished all the previous missions. So if you havent finished all the klingon missions but you've reached a certain level you gain access to the Romulan missions or whatever. So you still have to finish the Klingon missions in order...but you can also start the Romulan missions.
I keep coming back to WoW, since that was the last thing I played before STO. In WoW, if you went to a zone that was a higher level than you, it was likely you'd get attacked by random mobs against which you had little chance of surviving. Also, the mission giving NPCs wouldn't talk to you until you were close to the right level.
EB
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-12-2011, 03:01 PM
Last time I heard about, I though that they were boosting the amount of XP given out on Tribble, so we could reach level cap fast and test end game content, but when the build goes live, the XP given would be brought back to usual levels.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-12-2011, 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitain Wilhelm
Last time I heard about, I though that they were boosting the amount of XP given out on Tribble, so we could reach level cap fast and test end game content, but when the build goes live, the XP given would be brought back to usual levels.
They did say in patch notes forever ago that they wanted progression through Commander 1 sped up and progression from Captain 1 on slowed down.
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-13-2011, 08:56 AM
Speeding up the leveling process on tribble was a great move on their part but I disagree with forcing people to play through every mission just to level up. It's far too linier, too restrictive. Maybe if you had to play a few of them it would make more sense. As it is right now though it's not good for choice.

I know PvP isn't for everyone but originally you could level up by doing PvP. Now that isn't an option. You have to play as they want you too.