Lt. Commander
# 21
11-13-2011, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
Friendly fire makes the game more intresting and it makes a lot of sense tied to certain (stronger) powers... and it causes people using them with more caution.

And that makes the game make MORE fun.

And if people do not like it they just shouldnt use those powers.
I agree. just in PVE enviroments, FF is off, in PVP maps and areas, Its on. simple.
Freindly fire should be part of any PVP, make caution on where and how to use em,
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-13-2011, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Friendly Fire fails in ALL games.
I don't see any valid reason why any game should have it, there is nothing at all fun with it and it only encourages griefers.
Yeah say that when a klink GANKS you, decloaks, photonic shock wave, knocks your sheilds down, then fires a tricobolt point blank, i dont mind getting gank, most cases's i servive, but being that close and they should take dmg too,

Friendly fire fails in all games, either your gettin TK'd cause your in the line of fire in most FPS, or you like most kids. Put the the biggest gun on, with the most bullets/torps/cannons/beam runn in full speed and shoot everything,, AKA spray and prey method.

Boring!

Wouldnt matter anyways, for hardcore gamers we got to put up with the cryers and people wanting to NERF everything because its too powerfull or other wise they dont have the skills to defend or in most case's in a fed party, they cant play as a team.
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-13-2011, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zsgboomtown View Post
Yeah say that when a klink GANKS you, decloaks, photonic shock wave, knocks your sheilds down, then fires a tricobolt point blank, i dont mind getting gank, most cases's i servive, but being that close and they should take dmg too,
There is a huge difference between "Friendly Fire" and being hurt by your own weapons.
Friendly Fire off in most games makes you unable to kill your allies, but if you drop a nade at your own feet its still gonna kill ya.

Quote:
Friendly fire fails in all games, either your gettin TK'd cause your in the line of fire in most FPS, or you like most kids. Put the the biggest gun on, with the most bullets/torps/cannons/beam runn in full speed and shoot everything,, AKA spray and prey method.
Oh yes, and the griefers running around TK'ing is so totally my own fault.
Please... There is absolutely nothing positive about TK'ing in any game, and there never will be.
It is a mechanic that is easily and will always be abused and even accidental TK's by other players will result in a hailstorm of profanity and flaming that can result in suspensions.

Quote:
Boring!

Wouldnt matter anyways, for hardcore gamers we got to put up with the cryers and people wanting to NERF everything because its too powerfull or other wise they dont have the skills to defend or in most case's in a fed party, they cant play as a team.
Hardcore gamers? Then you really should go find another game to play, because STO is not by any streach of the imagination a "Hardcore" game, nor should it ever be so.
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-13-2011, 06:33 PM
Quote:
I agree. just in PVE enviroments, FF is off, in PVP maps and areas, Its on. simple.
Freindly fire should be part of any PVP, make caution on where and how to use em,
I have mentioned this before in another post, but in any case,

Making characters refrain from using skills they have purchased with precious character points is just simple good sense OP, and I appreciate your journey into making the battlefield more realistic. While you're at it, may I also add the following to what characters should also be thinking about on PVP maps:

Deep space flights sometimes make crewmen unstable (a la Gary Mitchell). Therefore, add a mechanic where a ships phasers sometimes just fire at a random target, or not all. Perhaps a coolant leak, drove the poor boff mad.

Speaking of crewmen, anytime the Federation captain flies into combat against three or more ships and fires first (or the KDF captain DOESN'T), introduce a mechanic where the crew mutinies. This manifests itself in the Crew statistic on a player's ship attritting itself and refusing to activate Tactical, Science, and Engineering teams. Hey, if you don't want to abide by the doctrine of your government,its unreasonable to expect full cooperation from its citizens among your crew.

Holographic constructs are kinda loopy as well, as Moriarity aboard Enterprise-D can show you. Therefore offer a change that allows a Science Captain's Photonic Fleet a 90% / 60% / 30% chance (depending on player Skill Rank) to shoot at the player's and/or allied ships in an attempt to become free entities.

Tactical officers are always supercharging things, and this can get dangerous. Therefore, introduce a mechanic that could potentially allow HYT to detonate in the tubes prior to firing, taking the torpedoes entirely offline and causing minor kinetic damage.

Introduce real collision mechanics with space debris (becasue as we all know, Navigational deflectors are for shootin' Really Big SFX Gunz, not deflecting navigational hazards). No more of this "flying ridiculously close to planetary debris at full speed" convention--captain's must THINK about their course!

Lets face it, shooting thru space stations and blasting planets with ship-based weaponry is basically air support, and ANY modern military/We Were Soldiers can tell you it can go wrong. So lets be more realistic as ships try to target through atmospheres, account for starship velocity and vector, and account for destructive capability without decompressing the area around players and his allies on ship/station maps, and sometimes...less the higher the Engineer skill...have Orbital Strike slam right onto the Away Team for an automatic Crit (due to sheer surprise) instead of opponents.

The Fleet Support Ability sometimes calls in vessels of the enemy PVP faction (SOS doesn't discriminate).

(P.S. Is this enough, or do i need a bigger hammer?)
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-13-2011, 08:05 PM
Mines, torpedos, spreads, tribbles, FAW, friendly fire... There is far too many nerfs in this game. Why should everything wind up having to be dumbed down for the sake of a few that complain and can't handle it?? A lot of this game is war, fighting, blowing s... up. Hate to point out the obvious but that environment does cause damage, we're not shooting fluffy ducks, we're firing weapons!!

STOP THE NERF!!!
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-13-2011, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack-NZ
Mines, torpedos, spreads, tribbles, FAW, friendly fire... There is far too many nerfs in this game. Why should everything wind up having to be dumbed down for the sake of a few that complain and can't handle it?? A lot of this game is war, fighting, blowing s... up. Hate to point out the obvious but that environment does cause damage, we're not shooting fluffy ducks, we're firing weapons!!

STOP THE NERF!!!
The better question to ask is why can't Cryptic strike the right balance the first time? Freeze-grenades, ghostbuster guns, Cannon Scatter volley 2.0, viral matrix 1.0.....any of those overpowered abilities ring a bell? Why must everything Cryptic does be a massive overpowered/underpowered yo-yo? They are the ones that are supposed to be the experts.

The most obvious answer is they don't pay any attention to pvp balance what so ever. The next most obvious answer is they don't pay any attention to the theory crafters that have far more mmo experience than cryptic does. the answer after that is that Cryptic doesn't even play its own game.
Lt. Commander
# 27
11-14-2011, 03:28 AM
Quote:
Didnt say that. I want.... again for certain abilitys.... Friendly fire all over the game.

It never made sense to me that one ship is somehow imune to an enviromental hazard createt by another ship... or even by the own one... just because they are on the same side.

Warp plasma is simply warp plasma in space, it should have the same effect on EVERYTHING that passes it.
A Tykens rift or Gracity well is a space anomaly, once createt beyond control of its creator; it also should have the same effect on absolutley everybody and everything...
Antimatter spread is not a targertet attack, is anti matter spreaded randomly arround you.... it should have the same effect on everything it hits.
Lt. Commander
# 28
11-14-2011, 04:44 AM
Minigun Spreads - Should Hit everyone in front of you
Energy Blasts - Should hurt everyone in the radius
Multi-Beam Phaser Rifles - Should hit anyone in front of you
Grenades - Should Burn, Stun, Expose and lower the perception of allies and enemies alike
Suppression Fire - Should lower the damage and run speed of everyone
Dampening Field - Should affect everyone in the radius
Colliding with someone's ship should automatically destroy both ships - Who needs Ramming speed anymore
Firing weapons through people - Totally unrealistic, anyone in the way of the blast should be hit
Warp plasma - Affects everyone
Rifts - Affect everyone
AOEs - Affect Everyone
Scramble Sensors - Jams everyone
Antimater Spread - Screws everyone
Engineer Mortars - Should hit anyone in the blast radius
Charged Particle Burst - Should decloak everyone
Nebula Cloak Detection - Should decloak everyone
Emission Seeking Torpedo - Should hit the closest target friendly or not.
Point Defence - Should shoot down every projectile
Fire At Will - Shoots down every projectile
Gravity Well - Sucks everyone in
Tyken's Rift - Drains everybody

People should be able to shoot one another on the ground - If you miss and hit your buddy = Bad day for them
Boffs randomly shoot you because the AI sucks - Poor day for you
Crowds of enemy NPCs killing each other because they suck - Hilarious day for you

There is your 'realism'.
Either you do realism properly or you do not do it.
Simple as that.
Lt. Commander
# 29
11-14-2011, 04:56 AM
I agree with all these suggestions. Shame it won't happen because then people would have to be CAREFUL when working in a group. Even my friends drop tricobalts on the enemy im half a km away from.
Lt. Commander
# 30
11-14-2011, 05:00 AM
Quote:
Minigun Spreads - Should Hit everyone in front of you ( can be explained with Smart-target)
Energy Blasts - Should hurt everyone in the radius (agreed AoE should have consequences)
Multi-Beam Phaser Rifles - Should hit anyone in front of you ( can be explained with Smart-target)
Grenades - Should Burn, Stun, Expose and lower the perception of allies and enemies alike (agreed AoE should have consequences)
Suppression Fire - Should lower the damage and run speed of everyone (agreed)
Dampening Field - Should affect everyone in the radius (agreed)
Colliding with someone's ship should automatically destroy both ships - Who needs Ramming speed anymore
Firing weapons through people - Totally unrealistic, anyone in the way of the blast should be hit ( can be explained with Smart-target)
Warp plasma - Affects everyone (agreed)
Rifts - Affect everyone (agreed)
AOEs - Affect Everyone (agreed)
Scramble Sensors - Jams everyone (agreed)
Antimater Spread - Screws everyone (agreed)
Engineer Mortars - Should hit anyone in the blast radius (agreed)
Charged Particle Burst - Should decloak everyone (agreed)
Nebula Cloak Detection - Should decloak everyone (agreed)
Emission Seeking Torpedo - Should hit the closest target friendly or not. (agreed)
Point Defence - Should shoot down every projectile (not hardly some do get through)
Fire At Will - Shoots down every projectile (not hardly some do get through)
Gravity Well - Sucks everyone in (agreed)
Tyken's Rift - Drains everybody (agreed)
Unfortunately FF died not becuase of being too realistic for the playerbase to adapt to, but becuase some players where not mature enough to not grief with it and the Devs did not disable the power in social areas.
Closed Thread