Lt. Commander
# 21
11-13-2011, 03:49 PM
I kind of like the new STFs, elite can be a real challenge.

Over all there not so bad and much, much eaiser to find a team.

I like the cross faction teaming has well.
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-13-2011, 04:02 PM
Keep the old STFs and just add in the optional objectives. I don't like the splitting up of what used to be the most challenging part of STO. All the whiners can shut up. If you can't find time on the weekend to find a experienced group to get you through these tough.
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-13-2011, 04:05 PM
bit harsh

the new short ones are nice for people who dont have loads of time..however a new 10 man version would be nice which stitches them together forcing you to stay with the team throughout..that would be cool for the more hardcore players. With more enemies and more difficult situations
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-13-2011, 05:11 PM
normal or elite...same things nothing special...only grind without fun
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-13-2011, 06:28 PM
Why should I lose my favorite type of content to the people who whine about how hard they were. they weren't hard, players were lazy. Now what I played for will be gone, and people will go one saying how hard they are.
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-13-2011, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavilier210 View Post
Why should I lose my favorite type of content to the people who whine about how hard they were. they weren't hard, players were lazy. Now what I played for will be gone, and people will go one saying how hard they are.

As seen in this forum, time and time again we're in the majority, Cryptic isnt going to make Stf for a small amount of players, remmber there here to make money, There no piont to have these Stfs if only a minority is ever going to play them, This isnt World of ********.

Also having real lives and problems out side this game i dont see as lazy, not everyone can have mommy and daddy pay the bills for us to sit around for 40 plus hours a week to play
Lt. Commander
# 27
11-13-2011, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavilier210 View Post
Maybe because there were few enough people playing you favorite kind of content that Cryptic staff has said they'll shelve them entirely if more people don't play them?
Lt. Commander
# 28
11-13-2011, 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Maybe because there were few enough people playing you favorite kind of content that Cryptic staff has said they'll shelve them entirely if more people don't play them?
Can you provide a link as to the said statement by the devs ?
I'm only asking because I find it rather incradible that they would make such a statement , considering the huge piles of nothing this game would have to offer as endgame content without the STF's when players reach VA/LG .
(... you know ... , considering that there still is a huge shortage of endgame content now together with these STF's ...)
Lt. Commander
# 29
11-13-2011, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelfwin View Post
Can you provide a link as to the said statement by the devs ?
I'm only asking because I find it rather incradible that they would make such a statement , considering the huge piles of nothing this game would have to offer as endgame content without the STF's when players reach VA/LG .
I would like one as well. you tend to say stuff without and proof on this forum and this is one of those times. Direct Dev Quote please.
Lt. Commander
# 30
11-13-2011, 10:20 PM
The Kellirun and Elite Force gear are both extremely substandard in terms of stats and insanely expensive in terms of time. The drops for the specific gear tokens happen only once in a blue moon, while it takes you 60 (max) runs to get one of the pieces.

In other words, if you want to get the gear, you are going to have to block off several weekends' worth of grind time (12-24 hours). No thank you. I only ran them over and over and over and over and over and over and over again to test them and at least one gear set. I'm not going to bother if this stays the way it is and I have to grind monotony ad infinitum. I can think of other, more fun, and far less mind-numbing things to do.

EDIT: To clarify: If you want the gear, be prepared to spend far MORE time on these iterations of STF's than the ones currently on Holodeck.