Lt. Commander
# 111
11-14-2011, 05:17 PM
Maybe one way of resolving this is to allow dilithium to be transfered only amongst your alts. It makes sense because since we are tying in dilithium to c-points and c-points are "shared" amongst your alts.

It is only an idea that would solve the crafting issue with your alt characters.
Lt. Commander
# 112
11-14-2011, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrus13 View Post
Maybe one way of resolving this is to allow dilithium to be transfered only amongst your alts. It makes sense because since we are tying in dilithium to c-points and c-points are "shared" amongst your alts.

It is only an idea that would solve the crafting issue with your alt characters.
There is a concept that I have not seen posted before, and SO True!!
Lt. Commander
# 113
11-14-2011, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrus13 View Post

Interesting idea... One that I can truly support.
Lt. Commander
# 114
11-14-2011, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talonsin View Post
You would think if Cryptic noticed that memory Alpha was a ghosttown on the testing server it would give them an indication that the new changes are not fun.
__________________________________________________ ____________________________________

I posted something similar in the f2p Q&A board. Sit there and see how many people are still crafting now after the dilithium tax was added. The devs need to take notice of this and come up with a new strategy.

There have been a few good suggestions as to what could be done to make the dilithium tax more palatable.
Place a few vendors at memory alpha. One selling schematics for say 100 dilithium per lvl. And another selling rare particle traces at 5-10k Dilithium each. All would be in stock. You pick what you need.
I know I sat waiting aver 2 months to get 1 specific rare trace to craft 1 item.

All we see is more grind added on top of a bad one already. Give us a reason to want to craft. The dilithium cost is way to high as it stands on tribble now.

Again I say go to memory alpha and stand there and count how many people are still crafting. I didn't find any. Maybe you will have better luck. But I doubt it.
Lt. Commander
# 115
11-15-2011, 04:44 AM
It just feels like reducing the amount of dilithium required to craft might encourage people to craft more and basically spend more money in doing so. Right now, I'd have to be pretty desperate for an item to even consider paying some of the prices they are asking. Maybe they are planning on having some incredible sales but where they are right now is a fair bit of sticker shock.
Lt. Commander
# 116
11-15-2011, 05:00 AM
Given how easier it is to get particle traces now, thanks to the DOff system, yeah, adding dilithium to crafting isn't brilliant, but I think it is acceptable.

I recently crafted my way from crafting 0 to 1500 using no dilithium, and only using the samples used from DOff assignments. Ok, so now if I want to craft anything, it'll cost me in dilithium too, but that is ok. It isn't a ridiculous amount, and given how easy it is to get the particles now, it is a good way to see that people won't go crazy crafting purples and selling them.